Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

There's a demon inside of me. Can I kill it?
Posted 2009-10-26, 11:18 PM
Hello friends. I have begun a new relationship, but because I am in such a transitional period of my life, I initially compartmentalized it into a very specific role before it even started: "practice." I went looking for a suitable partner for the purpose of adding another notch to my belt, knowing full well that I would move on in time. But this girl that I have become enamored with is too sweet. I sincerely enjoy her company and being around her (trust me, this is rare). She makes me happy, and I make her happy. I haven't giggled this much in years. It's the most comfortable start I've ever had. And I feel like a fucking asshole.

How can I deactivate my own conspiring mind and just... be? I am tired of over-thinking everything that I do. I would like to just ride this one out without doing a cost/benefit analysis of my every move. Any advice?

Last edited by Grav; 2009-10-26 at 11:21 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-10-26, 11:58 PM in reply to Grav's post "There's a demon inside of me. Can I..."
Go fuck like three other women.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-10-27, 06:15 AM in reply to Grav's post "There's a demon inside of me. Can I..."
I.... don't really think I understand the problem. Can you elaborate?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-27, 07:01 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I.... don't really think I understand..."
Giggling is gay. You're gay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-10-27, 07:50 AM in reply to Grav's post "There's a demon inside of me. Can I..."
I think that the change you desire will only come with time. Until then, you'll just have to catch yourself and redirect your thoughts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-10-27, 08:49 AM in reply to Grav's post "There's a demon inside of me. Can I..."
by letting your guard down.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-27, 08:50 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I think that the change you desire will..."
What's so bad about finding someone like that? What are you afraid of exactly?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-10-27, 09:45 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "What's so bad about finding someone..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
What's so bad about finding someone like that? What are you afraid of exactly?

Good question. The first part is that emotions bother and perturb me because they make me feel like I'm being controlled by something out of my power. In general I am very logic and left-brained, so feelings confuse the shit out of me. I've been reading some zen monk writings to cultivate the art of mindfulness, but I still need a lot of practice. The second part is that I've always told myself that I wouldn't let myself catch real feelings for someone. This is a fail-safe mechanism I developed to keep myself aloof and invincible. I would be curious to hear if anyone else has developed and subsequently stripped away this emotional shield?

D3V said: [Goto]
by letting your guard down.

This is inherently difficult for me, I feel naked and vulnerable if I do so. I always have a guard up. For everything. Even after taking down my guard there is still a hidden guard somewhere. I'd like to do away with all of the guards for now. I just need to find all of them, which is taxing.

WetWired said: [Goto]
I think that the change you desire will only come with time. Until then, you'll just have to catch yourself and redirect your thoughts.

Surprisingly succinct for a computer!

Last edited by Grav; 2009-10-27 at 09:49 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-10-27, 02:13 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Good question. The first part is that..."
Way to completely ignore my constructive criticism...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-10-27, 02:54 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Good question. The first part is that..."
Quote:
This is inherently difficult for me, I feel naked and vulnerable if I do so. I always have a guard up. For everything. Even after taking down my guard there is still a hidden guard somewhere. I'd like to do away with all of the guards for now. I just need to find all of them, which is taxing.
Like all things in your head, you can ignore them even if you have created them.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-27, 03:06 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Like all things in your head, you can..."
Good point. But it's taken me years to build them up. It's gonna take some time to break them back down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2009-10-27, 03:46 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Good point. But it's taken me years to..."
Well good thing is, you have finally realized what your first step is in the 12 step program.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-27, 07:34 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well good thing is, you have finally..."
Order now to recieve D3V's "12 step program"!
With this program, you learn to face your own problems, smoke your own drugs, and speak your own mind without giving a crap what it does to you or others!
This 12 disc set is a $500 offer, but order now, and you can get it for only $499! That's right, $499!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-27, 10:29 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Order now to recieve D3V's "12 step..."
Shutup skittles.

So I just saw her again, and it was awesome. Thanks for the comments guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2009-10-27, 11:09 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Giggling is gay. You're gay."
I think as long as you're not actively trying to sabotage it you're doing quite well. You might want to let her in on you having trust issues. As females we naturally assume we're the center of the universe and the guy in our life being somewhat distant or closed off makes us think it's something to do with us. We refuse to believe you guys may have thoughts that don't even involve us. Even if we pretend otherwise, it's totally true. You'll find she'll be more patient if you screw up.

Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
Giggling is gay. You're gay.
Plus, excessive giggling is creepy. It's one of the things we look at as a warning we're probably headed towards being chucked in a large hole and being sprayed down with lotion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mutant Couch shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMutant Couch shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mutant Couch

Posted 2009-10-28, 06:20 AM in reply to Mutant Couch's post starting "I think as long as you're not actively..."
Mutant Couch said: [Goto]
Plus, excessive giggling is creepy. It's one of the things we look at as a warning we're probably headed towards being chucked in a large hole and being sprayed down with lotion.
I'm afraid to ask why you know that, but I'm also pretty sure how...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-28, 09:49 PM in reply to Grav's post "There's a demon inside of me. Can I..."
Grav said: [Goto]
Hello friends. I have begun a new relationship, but because I am in such a transitional period of my life, I initially compartmentalized it into a very specific role before it even started: "practice." I went looking for a suitable partner for the purpose of adding another notch to my belt, knowing full well that I would move on in time. But this girl that I have become enamored with is too sweet. I sincerely enjoy her company and being around her (trust me, this is rare). She makes me happy, and I make her happy. I haven't giggled this much in years. It's the most comfortable start I've ever had. And I feel like a fucking asshole.

How can I deactivate my own conspiring mind and just... be? I am tired of over-thinking everything that I do. I would like to just ride this one out without doing a cost/benefit analysis of my every move. Any advice?
I have no advice, because I think I am in the same boat, or even more severe...

For me, I am just saying, "Fuck it!" And if I start to analyze something, I just tell myself, "Do it, and you'll know and not have to make stupid guesses! " I'm tired of the life I'm living right now, so the only way make a meaningful change is to make a major difference in how I perform.

Hope everything works out for you!
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-10-29, 08:13 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I have no advice, because I think I am..."
Is just comes down to attitude.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-29, 04:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Is just comes down to attitude."
D3V said: [Goto]
Is just comes down to attitude.
True enough!
As my homeroom teacher, freshmen year used to say;
Teach:"It's about attitude! You can't get far, if nobody liked you."
*someone raises hand*
Teach:"Yes?"
Kid1: "What about House?"
Teach: "Hn?"
Kid2: "Yeah, what about Dr. House!?"
*classroom is in an uproar...*

Teach: "H-house is different! Nobody at this school is as special as him!"
Kid2: "Yeah, are you putting us down!?"
Teach: "Wh- uhh.. that's not what I ment, I mean---"
Kid3: "You are, aren't you!?"

Ahhh... those were the days....
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-31, 01:13 PM in reply to Grav's post "There's a demon inside of me. Can I..."
Seems like feelings are a double edged sword. She makes me very happy, but a consequence of this is that the time spent without her seems to be somehow lacking. I miss her. Not to the point of collapse, but it's a nagging feeling that I'm not used to. Hopefully it will calm down with time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav