Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2012-10-22, 09:02 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "With what money?"
I managed to borrow Borderlands the first and am playing that.

I really like Mordecai.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-22, 05:27 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I managed to borrow Borderlands the..."
If you like Mordecai, you'll probably like Zer0 even more (Mordecai's equivalent in BL2)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-10-22, 08:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you like Mordecai, you'll probably..."
I'd love to play boarderlands, I hear it's amazing, but like I said, no money really.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-10-22, 10:31 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you like Mordecai, you'll probably..."
I hear a lot of people complaining that everyone ever plays as Zer0, though.
I'll probably grab The Siren, in BL2.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-23, 05:20 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I hear a lot of people complaining that..."
Zer0 isn't really an ideal multiplayer character, though. Sniping with lag is difficult. I've been playing with [someone] and they are using a mechromancer and seem sufficiently badass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-10-23, 12:24 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Zer0 isn't really an ideal multiplayer..."
Is it your giirrrrrlfrieeeeend?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-23, 02:56 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Is it your giirrrrrlfrieeeeend?"
Unfortunately, no. But the person in question is someone you know as God.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-10-23, 03:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Unfortunately, no. But the person in..."
Lenny???

>Take the miss to go check up on T.K. Baha
>"This'll be fun, he's my favorite character so far."
>...
>Get there
>He's not in his chair
>Look around to make sure I'm in the right place
>Legit worried
>"Where the fuck is he-"
>His house is open
>Run inside
>"Holy shit..."
>Jaw drops
>Feel chills
>Have to stop playing for the day
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-23, 09:01 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Lenny??? >Take the miss to go check..."
Owned, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-10-24, 09:53 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Owned, lol."
I don't think a game had ever shocked me that much, before. I just kind of thought to myself "Where is God, now...?"
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2013-03-15, 10:39 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I don't think a game had ever shocked..."
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kizaru is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKizaru is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kizaru

Posted 2014-10-06, 03:27 PM in reply to Kizaru's post starting "Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3"
Time for another episode of Skurai reviews.
I'm sure we all hated Drakengard 3, but I recently played it again, now that my mind is developed to the level of Fasutian understanding I possess, and here we go.

This game is about some psychotic, blooddrenched, Japanese D-Cup, whitehaired goddess out to kill her five sisters. It really, honest to God, doesn't get much development. No secret plotline, no secret... anything.

Story: 2/5

The tutorial level, like in most hack-and-slash games, sucks ass, because it's the same combo on the same enemies over and over for 10 to 15 minutes, but since all hack-and-slash are like that, with the exception of Lolipop Chainsaw.
The tutorial boss is actually quite nice, as it presents all five sisters to you to fight, and you get dialog with each of them as you fight them, though the fight itself is dull, since you're still working with tutorial materials.

The remaining bosses are honestly enormous letdowns, as they all have one form, are "big giant ugly monsters that have a pattern and a weakspot" that western RPGs are so utterly fond of, and nobody else is at all.

The stages are that of Samurai Warriors without roaming boss enemies, or actual objectives, other than "kill 50 dudes".

Gameplay: 3/5

The characters and character development, honestly, are going to get two different ratings, because there's literally that little character development. The six sister goddesses are great characters, each with a different theme and personality as displayed in their tutorial stage fight, and would have been even better if you actually got to fucking confront them during their individual stages. One you did confront, but the confrontation was a huge let down, and more or less ended in "yes, the game is really this lame". However, one was murdered savagely without another word, another was this weird Japanese-style goth, who got killed by a piece of her giant monster on accident, the next was literally a vegetable, and the last was mostly just fighting her dragon, and getting really confused by the ending. Effectively, I enjoyed five or the six sisters, and had the two I saw as my favorites removed from the game entirely. Of the party members, one was a psychopath, two were purely sexual, and the fourth was someone I honestly wanted to murder, because he was a wonderful villain up until he joins your party for no raisin. But I digress. The main character does expose a tiny bit of gratitude towards her comrades, and even shows kindness toward her dragon friend after he dies.

Characters: 4/5
Character development: 1/5

Music was an overall theme of the game, with the goddesses getting their powers from music, with not much worth mentioning on the soundtrack, other than Three and Two's themes, and the Final Boss D theme. When transformed, vocals are temporarily added to whichever track is playing, which is beautiful, but since transformations last a good 15 seconds maximum, it's as much a let down as everything else.

Music: 3/5

Graphics were by Square Enix, so I was expecting it to be the only redeeming quality from the start, and at least the soldiers changed from stage to stage. The blood even stayed on your dress until the stage was clear, unless you transformed. Sadly, it wasn't Final Fantasy, so Square only made it as good as they needed to.

Graphics: 4/5

Overview: don't play it, it's shit. Would love to see the sisters return in a game that isn't ass.

story 2/5
gameplay 3/5
character 4/5
character development 1/5
music 3/5
graphics 4/5

Overall Score: 19/30 "This is game is shit." - actual quote by Gameinformer
Skurai

Last edited by Skurai; 2014-10-06 at 03:30 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2014-10-08, 10:05 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Time for another episode of Skurai..."
Been playing Destiny, Shadows of Mordor, Titanfall, and Smite.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2015-01-28, 03:18 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Been playing Destiny, Shadows of..."
I've been playing a rotation of 3 old games: Battlefield 4 (yes, I know Hardline derp derp), GTA5 (never gets old), and Wheel of Fortune (LEL).

Still debating if it's worth getting a "next gen console" considering every console going forward will be cloud based. Could be fun to play games in simulated 4k though.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2016-09-17, 09:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I've been playing a rotation of 3 old..."
League of Legos, Civlization 5 (can't fucking wait for 6), Endless Legend -- and Super excited for Eve going semi F2P in November
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2016-09-18, 12:15 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "League of Legos, Civlization 5 (can't..."
The Eve alpha clone thing will be interesting to see how it plays out; sure, they will gain players, which drives community, but they will also lose subs by ppl that are mostly still there to keep in touch. Then there will be min-maxers that unsub and train up all their alpha skills for free. Then there are the gold sellers and griefers that will love disposable accts. In the end, though, if they can curb abuse, it should increase active player count, and that's good for everyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2016-09-22, 05:29 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The Eve alpha clone thing will be..."
No Man's Sky
CS:GO (I suck compared to my CS 1.3 - 1.5 days )
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2016-09-29, 10:10 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "No Man's Sky CS:GO (I suck compared to..."
You are still playing NMS? I thought that game was laughed off the face of the earth? Does it actually have anything worth playing for?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2016-09-30, 04:51 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "You are still playing NMS? I thought..."
I don't know, I wasn't in on the hype - I just found it and thought it looked cool. I'm enjoying myself ~50 hours in. Apparently it was supposed to be multiplayer? I don't know, but it's def a cool single player game.. especially if you're stoned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2016-10-03, 12:24 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I don't know, I wasn't in on the hype -..."
I could see that - Yea I guess the developers are actually currently under investigation for false advertisement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla