Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Some new junk
Posted 2007-12-31, 02:50 PM
The UmeƄ Institute of Design is taking its toll on me... Anyway, I scanned and photographed some of my newer works on the last day of my first semester there.
I would have scanned more drawings, but I hadn't slept for a few days, so oh well.

Oh yeah, http://www.christianhagg.com is operational as well.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2007-12-31 at 02:53 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2007-12-31, 03:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Some new junk"
That looks like a lot of work and fun at the same time. Fuckin' sweet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-12-31, 03:41 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Some new junk"
Portable mouse?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-12-31, 04:51 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "That looks like a lot of work and fun..."
HandOfHeaven said:
That looks like a lot of work and fun at the same time. Fuckin' sweet.
It is. Design school is slowly killing my "art" though, but I'm getting better at technique. Not sure if it's really worth it in the end...

GrŠ°Ī½Ā”tŠ¾nŠ…urgŠµ said:
Portable mouse?
Sure, it was mostly a form/technique exercise though. Creating polished, complex surfaces is incredibly annoying.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-01-13, 11:55 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "It is. Design school is slowly killing..."
Those are great, Chruser, and I'm glad you got that site up.

I especially like the mouse, it looks very ergonomic - and aerodynamic. XD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-01, 12:13 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Those are great, Chruser, and I'm glad..."
And some more!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-02-01, 01:39 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "And some more! ..."
The second thing is nice. Futuristic transportation device?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-02-01, 02:00 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The second thing is nice. Futuristic..."
Looks like a razor and/or taser.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-02-01, 02:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The second thing is nice. Futuristic..."
It's the 3030 batmobile.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-02-02, 09:34 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "It's the 3030 batmobile."
Awesome work, Chruser. You are an inspiration to those of me with no artistic talent to speak of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-02-16, 04:20 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Awesome work, Chruser. You are an..."
Thanks for your input guys. Everyone has artistic talent, it's just a matter of deciding what medium to express it with. Improvement is a by-product of trial and error (mainly error).

I currently have an internal battle going on regarding whether I want to become a fine artist or an illustrator/designer. Perhaps the question can be extended to "Do I ask questions, or do I answer them?" Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Draw, photograph and do 3D to post:

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-02-17 at 04:36 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-02-16, 05:30 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Thanks for your input guys. Everyone..."
I really love the egg photo.

I think you're a great artist, illustrator, and designer - my answer is whatever you think you'd have the most fun doing.

Personally I would pick Illustrator or fine artist, as those two appeal to me the most out of the two. You might like design better, I don't know. Whatever you pick, I'm sure you'll be successful.

And you can always, you know, switch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-21, 01:59 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Thanks for your input guys. Everyone..."
[QUOTE=Chruser]Everyone has artistic talent, it's just a matter of deciding what medium to express it with. Improvement is a by-product of trial and error (mainly error).[QUOTE]

That makes me feel so much better about myself.
This is about the best i could do. It was on the back of a piece of paper in 8th grade computer ed.
sc0003f2b8.pdf
why won't it just let me post the pic? It is making me post a link.....
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-02-23, 09:13 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Thanks for your input guys. Everyone..."
Chruser said:
Everyone has artistic talent, it's just a matter of deciding what medium to express it with. Improvement is a by-product of trial and error (mainly error).

Quite true. I suppose I misspoke earlier. I have no graphically-oriented artistic talent to speak of. My talent seems to lie in manipulation of the written word.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-02-25, 03:22 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Quite true. I suppose I misspoke..."
My talent involves the art of music. I play around 10 instruments and can read all of the clefts easily.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-06, 05:34 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "My talent involves the art of music. I..."
I just completed a Magnetite-related project for the Kiruna municipality in Sweden. Basically, it involved doing something with their refined sources of iron ore. So I built a train track out of it and designed a free-floating maglev train for it. My project teacher had a 10-minute fit with me and told everyone that my design process is "too logical", uncreative and bad. Oh well.

I'll post some animations later (and re-render the last image with a higher amount of rays to remove some grain; it was part of an animation. With a render time of around 1h30m per frame with even a low radiosity setting, I was running out of time before the presentation).

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-03-06 at 05:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-03-07, 05:25 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I just completed a Magnetite-related..."
If everyone train was as beautiful as that, the world would be a better place! It's a brilliant design!

I don't get what's so bad about your design process being "too logical". Surely the most logical designs are better than illogical ones?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-07, 02:41 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If everyone train was as beautiful as..."
you using lightwave i am buying one since student edition is cheap and if you buy comercial upgrade is only 95 dollar good deal. Anyway nice train.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2008-03-09, 04:09 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "you using lightwave i am buying one..."
That is one insain train! I would love to see some animations.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-10, 04:28 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Some new junk"
You know, it's getting harder and harder to tell if these things are photographs or just renders. Stop being so good!

I like the design of the lighter. Reminds me of the train somewhat - are you experimenting with different variations of that design in different products, or is it just co-incidence?

And I must ask, if you weren't at that school, would you be creating things like the train, the mouse, the egg in the cup, or the lighter above? Because I for one think they're "seriously cool", to use a phrase I never would use normally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny