Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Putting 'smart' search engines to the test.
Posted 2009-04-28, 01:51 AM
I found the website "True Knowledge" which is supposed to be a smart A.I. that can answer questions you ask it, even if it has never had the question asked before. If it doesn't know the answer it expect you to help it out though.

Well here are my question and its responses:

q. how many people have walked on the moon

Quote:
a. 12

Your question

How many human being, also human or man, a member of a species of bipedal primates in the family Hominidaes have is someone who has walked on the moon (the only natural satellite of planet Earth)?
This conclusion is based on a single fact in the knowledge base:

facts of the form: X is someone who has walked on the moon (where X is an instance of human being) has been an extended fact pattern with order 12 since December 11th 1972

q. What is the name of the queen of England?

Quote:
a. I found the following interpretations of what is the name of the queen of england

Please select the one you meant.

* What is the official full name (as it would appear on the passport) of the Elizabeth II, the queen regnant of sixteen independent states known as the Commonwealth realms: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea that is associated with England (Middle English: Engelond), the largest and most populous constituent country of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?
* What is the common translation of (the most normal English way of denoting) the Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland that is associated with England (Middle English: Engelond), the largest and most populous constituent country of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?
* What is the official full name (as it would appear on the passport) of the entity which is the queen (female monarch) of England (the region/country that is part of the United Kingdom)
* What is the common translation of (the most normal English way of denoting) the entity which is the queen (female monarch) of England (Middle English: Engelond), the largest and most populous constituent country of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
q. What is Zelaron

Quote:
a. [zelaron]

zelaron (a gaming website and forum)
lol

It's kind of cool I guess, but it still needs a lot of user input and human help before it can start operating smoothly on its own.

www.trueknowledge.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-04-28, 02:23 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Putting 'smart' search engines to the..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
I found the website "True Knowledge" which is supposed to be a smart A.I. that can answer questions you ask it

Question:
What is sand casting?

Answer:
It sounds like sand casting may be an object that I don't know about yet.

Most of what True Knowledge knows has been taught to it by people like you. You can teach True Knowledge about sand casting here:

Question:
What is internal bleeding?

Answer:
It sounds like internal bleeding may be an object that I don't know about yet.

Most of what True Knowledge knows has been taught to it by people like you. You can teach True Knowledge about internal bleeding here:

It seems it's basically a search engine, very similar to ask jeeves in the fact that it has limited ability to interpret a question. From what I briefly saw it looks like wikipedia since users can apparently edit the database. I don't see this as an AI anymore than a search engine. I'm unimpressed. Next!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-04-28, 02:43 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Question: What is sand casting? ..."
Yea I was unimpressed too, but atleast with human help is has the ability to grow into something useful. So whats next? Anyone know of any other A.I. we can put to the test. There is that one coming how in a couple weeks... Wolfram Alpha

wolframalpha.com said:
We're making early access available to a few select individuals.
I signed up to try and get early access, I doubt I will get it, but it is worth a try.

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2009-04-28 at 02:50 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy