Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Changin name and sex in rm2k3
Posted 2007-05-09, 07:32 PM
Ok, so...I started a new game and I was just wondering if it's possible to do the change hero name event and have a "Pick Male or Female" thing. I decided to just drop the name part, but I'm still curious...
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-05-10, 08:34 AM in reply to Slyvr's post "Changin name and sex in rm2k3"
Best thing for this is RMXP with the Easy_CharacterCreator_English script. You can choose how hero looks, gender, and name during new game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frostedsn0

Posted 2007-05-13, 02:24 PM in reply to frostedsn0's post starting "Best thing for this is RMXP with the..."
Well....I'm usin rm2k3....Is there one for that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-06-03, 05:11 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Well....I'm usin rm2k3....Is there one..."
ill try t help but iim helping from a rmxp point of view. now i'v never used rpgm2k3 but in rmxp when u put in an event from there is the option to change the hero graphic so u could just have 2 heros pictures (1 male 1 female) and change it depending on the users answer and there is also the change hero name option
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2007-06-07, 07:02 PM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "ill try t help but iim helping from a..."
That's basic stuff...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr

Posted 2007-06-08, 01:48 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "That's basic stuff..."
Slyvr said:
That's basic stuff...

well what more would you like?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2007-06-13, 12:57 AM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "well what more would you like?"
Sencing as there is no RGSS for RM2k & 2k3 I don't see how or what you are talking about saying "That's basic stuff..."for and the fact is phsyco025 has your answer covered. I suggest just using RMXP, I changed and now that's all I use.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-06-17, 02:12 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Sencing as there is no RGSS for RM2k &..."
I know, Slyvr - sometimes change isn't good. I, for one, don't like RmXp. That's just me.

Anyways, do what phsyco said - have two completely different charsets, one male and one female. Make it a basic event - Ask question; if female (change to female charset), if male (change to male charset).

I implemented that into my game and made them two different types of plots, based on your choice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2007-06-18, 04:02 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "I know, Slyvr - sometimes change isn't..."
I know how to do each one, but what i'm asking is to do them TOGETHER. I can't do both changing gender and changing name. When I was playing around with it trying to figure it out, I figured it was impossible unless there's some little thing I missed or something...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr

Posted 2007-06-19, 01:59 AM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "I know how to do each one, but what i'm..."
Together as in how? They both worked together in the game I put them in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2007-06-27, 05:28 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Together as in how? They both worked..."
Ok...this was awhile ago, but if I remember what the problem is correctly...

I had two different heros, one male, one female. I think I had it so that it would change the name of the hero it starts with, but if you select Female instead of Male then it adds the 2nd hero(female) and removes the first(with the configured name).

I'm guessing that I tried the other way around and made the player choose between male and female first and THEN you change your name, but I guess that didn't work or something.

Oh and as for your suggestions of me using rmxp. I don't think that's gonna happen. I've tried using it, but either I have a fucked up version of it, or I really can't find anything I'm looking for in the program. I don't know...

Last edited by Slyvr; 2007-06-27 at 05:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr

Posted 2007-06-28, 09:34 AM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Ok...this was awhile ago, but if I..."
Does this mean you solved your own problem.
I am now starting to become a master at variables, switches, colonial branches, & choices answers splitters. If you are still having trouble with what you were trying to do, I did it in about 15 min before I wrote this, it's extremly easy. Remember if you want people to say your name to have your variables set correctly. If you need help with that I can do that as well.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy