Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2010-03-09, 05:53 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ended up having to order the HTC Hero..."
I've decided that this is going to be my next phone:

http://stuff.tv/blogs/live/archive/2...e-gallery.aspx

It's the HTC Desire, it's fucking huge, and it's basically the Nexus One but with HTC's own UI. Can't wait! I get an upgrade from April (which, coincidentally, is when the Desire is launched), and Orange (my network) are carrying it. I don't care if I need to cancel my current contract and start a new one - I'm going to have that phone before I return the Uni at the end of April.

Important specs: 3.7" AMOLED, 1ghz Snapdragon CPU, 528mb RAM, Android 2.1
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-03-09, 09:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've decided that this is going to be..."
What will you use it for? It is superfluous for my needs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-03-09, 09:46 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "What will you use it for? It is..."
Communication, organiser, maps, instrument tuner, note taking, photo taking, web browsing, and so on. Everything that my current phone does, really. My current phone (HTC Hero) has changed the way I do things - I'm so much more organised now, and have got used to having everything at my fingertips.

And my current phone will be my development phone - I want to start building apps for Android, and I don't particularly want to put things on a phone that I use constantly.

I'm a massive gadget nerd and a huge fan of Google, you see.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-03-09, 10:29 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Communication, organiser, maps,..."
Heck, all I need is ringtones that'll piss people off and a picture taker thingy, and I'm good... Cellphones are barely even phones anymore!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-07-20, 01:02 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Heck, all I need is ringtones that'll..."
It's been a minute, but just wanted to say my Camaro had a stroke and uncontrollable bowel movements simultaneously, so I had to get a new one. Got me an HTC Incredible. Still with Verizon, but I love my phone. 8 Megapixel camera, too. I have a Super Nintendo and Gameboy Advance emulators on it, though no ROMs as of this time. No physical keyboard makes them difficult to use. I actually like the touch-screen keyboard, though; the haptic feedback helps somewhat. Music player option and speaker is pretty good and loud.

Best thing is, so far all the apps I got have been free, and I see no real reason to pay for apps. They do all kinda look cookie-cutter-ish, though.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2010-07-20, 11:12 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "It's been a minute, but just wanted to..."
How you like your HTC? I have a MyTouch so it's basically the same thing, great platforms!

droid os > iphone os

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-07-20, 11:18 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "It's been a minute, but just wanted to..."
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
Best thing is, so far all the apps I got have been free, and I see no real reason to pay for apps. They do all kinda look cookie-cutter-ish, though.
Oooh, nice phone, the Incredible. I'm slightly jealous.

I've been using Android phones for nearly a year (HTC Hero and now a Desire), and haven't paid for a single app yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny