Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Evil Grin Getting things working!!! HELPS MEEZ
Posted 2007-05-31, 11:28 PM
Okay i want to finally start doin shit shit

all so far i know is javascipt, and hell that stuffs simple lol

i want to know, what language should i use to get images, and objects and stuff like that to work together and... just make something that works with graphics, not just some lame text game....

Oh, and WHAT EXACTLY is C++ used for, from what ive heard its just for compiling or whatever, i need to know how to get things working, im not worried about how the first experimental program will look, i just want it to work, with minimal bugs, thanks and Hi everyone, its my first day
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wannabe_progrmr is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwannabe_progrmr is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wannabe_progrmr

Posted 2007-06-01, 10:45 AM in reply to wannabe_progrmr's post "Getting things working!!! HELPS MEEZ"
As far as I know, C++ is used for more or less everything - it's a lot more useful than Visual Basic, for one thing.

I don't know about it being used for compiling, but it's a language that uses a compiler to turn it into a program. Whereas languages such as VB are run by an interpreter (it decodes one line of code, executes it, and then decodes the next line), those such as C++ are compiled and then run, that is, the code you have typed is decoded all at once, an executable file is made, and then that executable file is run).

The good thing about Interpreted languages, such as VB, is that should you have errors in your code, it is very easy to debug as the error is discovered as soon as the line of code it is in is decoded and executed.

---

As for your first question:

Quote:
i want to know, what language should i use to get images, and objects and stuff like that to work together and... just make something that works with graphics, not just some lame text game....
You should be able to do it with Java (slightly different to Javascript).

You could also learn ActionScript (either 1.0, 2.0, and the brand new 3.0) - this is used in Flash objects.

---

If you ever want to learn general programming, then you can start learning with any language because, to be perfectly honest, once you've learnt one you've learnt them all - the only difference is syntax.

Most people (including me) start with Visual Basic (or VB for short) simply because it is a very simple language. They then go on to something like C++ or C# or C.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-02, 04:28 PM in reply to wannabe_progrmr's post "Getting things working!!! HELPS MEEZ"
Thanks for the stuff!! ill get right onto actionscript and stuff like that, zelarons not bad
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wannabe_progrmr is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwannabe_progrmr is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wannabe_progrmr