Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question To socket or not to socket
Posted 2003-08-16, 05:40 AM
Ok heres the scenario, I just got a Gris Weapon, and im thinking of socketing it with 3 40/15 ias jewels. But I know that most ( or all) of the jewels are duped. This Gris weapon is not a dupe, but the jewels could be. So should i wait untill the new patch to socket it? Or socket it now and hope that it doesn't get deleted?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-08-16, 10:31 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "To socket or not to socket"
Socket it, it won't get deleted... 97% positive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-16, 10:34 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "To socket or not to socket"
100% possitive it wont get deleted.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-17, 02:57 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "To socket or not to socket"
How can you be so sure?

I'm on West if that makes a difference...

Isn't it that if you put a duped item into a non duped item it makes the item disapear?

Last edited by -=Rico-GP=-; 2003-08-17 at 04:45 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-08-17, 05:26 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "To socket or not to socket"
If it is a LEGIT item (100%) and Mass Duped Runes or Jewels and you put them in a 100% LEGIT Item, The Item stays 100% - it has been said on many many Forums.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Minian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMinian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Minian

Posted 2003-08-17, 09:22 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "To socket or not to socket"
It's very well known that the item will stay as long as the ITEM is 100% legit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-17, 02:13 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "To socket or not to socket"
exactlly, i think what happens is the item id just gets slightlly altered, and the dpe scanner only checks for the original item id code, it does not care about siffixes/prefixes added into wep's through socketing crap into them, so in theory it becoems 1 thing, not seperate id codes, therefor it will allways be unique code if the original item is not a dupe...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-08-17, 04:21 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "To socket or not to socket"
I don't think the item ID is altered at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-17, 04:57 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "To socket or not to socket"
Well, and items ID is altered after socketed. But it is undetectable if duped jewels/runes are used in the socket.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-17, 06:47 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "To socket or not to socket"
Alright thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-