Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

So I saw Sweeny Todd
Posted 2008-01-12, 07:53 PM
I enjoyed it. Liked the music and the acting, except for Helena Bonham Carter. Her acting was fine, don't get me wrong, but her singing wasn't. I felt like she was mumbling while in song. I had a damn near impossible time understanding her while I could understand everyone else clearly. That aside, definitely something I'd recommend seeing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-01-12, 08:30 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "So I saw Sweeny Todd"
Great movie, I've seen it 3 times now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-12, 10:17 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "So I saw Sweeny Todd"
KagomJack said:
I enjoyed it. Liked the music and the acting, except for Helena Bonham Carter. Her acting was fine, don't get me wrong, but her singing wasn't. I felt like she was mumbling while in song. I had a damn near impossible time understanding her while I could understand everyone else clearly. That aside, definitely something I'd recommend seeing.
pff you just hate her because she is a women. Admit it you just went to that movie just to see johny depp. Oh well it was a great movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2008-01-12, 10:57 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "pff you just hate her because she is a..."
Haha, good to see you again Osmoses. I might go see that movie this weekend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-01-12, 11:22 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Haha, good to see you again Osmoses. I..."
I'll admit it, I just went to see it because of Johnny Depp. The guy is an amazing actor.

However, I think everyone else in the movie did equally amazing jobs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-12, 11:57 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "pff you just hate her because she is a..."
Didn't osmoses get deported for killing someone or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-01-13, 01:10 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "pff you just hate her because she is a..."
Far from it. One of my favorite actors is a woman. Carter is good at acting, I really do believe that. But she just can't seem to sing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-01-13, 05:17 AM in reply to KagomJack's post "So I saw Sweeny Todd"
Heh. I saw the artbook for the movie at work. Seems pretty interesting. May actually rent it for the stores movie night when it comes to dvd.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-01-13, 03:44 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "So I saw Sweeny Todd"
It's out? Well I'll be damned. I heard about the plans for it months ago, but then it just seemed to dip below the radar. When was it released?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-13, 03:45 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's out? Well I'll be damned. I heard..."
About a month ago. It hasn't been doing all that well for some reason. It's gotten really good reviews and it's an awesome movie, but nobody seems to want to go see it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-13, 06:10 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "About a month ago. It hasn't been..."
Maybe because people are sick of Burton/Depp/Carter flicks. Or maybe they felt it was overhyped. There was an article about how Cloverfield's being overhyped and may not draw in a big audience because of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-01-13, 07:55 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Maybe because people are sick of..."
I don't think it was overhyped. I didn't see a single commercial on TV, only the previews before movies at the movie theater. Also, after the movie had been out for a few weeks, I asked some friends about it and most of them didn't even know what I was talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-13, 08:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "About a month ago. It hasn't been..."
I've never heard of it, and I don't think it's playing near me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-01-13, 09:16 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I've never heard of it, and I don't..."
It's playing everywhere.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-13, 09:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't think it was overhyped. I..."
I saw commercials almost nonstop a month before its release. Maybe, then, it wasn't hyped enough so people didn't know enough about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-01-13, 10:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's playing everywhere."
Moviefone said:
This movie is NOT currently playing in your area.
Well, I don't know why, but it's not within a 100 mile radius of me. My friends haven't heard of it either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-01-13, 11:00 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Well, I don't know why, but it's not..."
It might already be out of theaters because it did so badly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-14, 12:10 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It might already be out of theaters..."
Except in San Jose. I guess I got lucky there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-01-14, 04:06 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It might already be out of theaters..."
Well no wonder it did so badly, there wasn't a single advertisement for it here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav