Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Yeehaw, USEast again
Posted 2004-03-01, 03:13 PM
Well, I originally played quite a lot on USEast over two years ago, but I decided to quit the game and started this board a bit later. Well, I've recently been playing some Diablo 2 on the USEast ladder with some of my friends. I made a javazon and it feels like I invested way too much into dexterity already. A good MF character would be fun to play, so if you have any suggestions for one that could slay monsters (and possibly Über Diablo) easily, let me know.

By the way, my account is *Zelaron, but don't expect to see me online for the next few days due to tests coming up.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2004-03-01, 03:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Yeehaw, USEast again"
well welcome back and as far as the mfing char you could go for the oh so wonderful blizzard sorc and own meph if you use maphack, but killing uber diablo would be a problem for you. the best char that i know of to kill all monsters and uber diablo easily are hammerdins. you cannot go wrong with a pally that wearing decent mf gear and still does 6k magic unblockable damage, just make sure you have decent resist.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-03-01, 04:10 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "well welcome back and as far as the..."
Welcome Back Crusher.

Any char can be good with mf, sice we all got Enigmas now

but I think sorc still is the best char for mf. u can get a good #mf without loosing "kill power".
Fire sorcs are very good for mf, but it's a pain in the ass to kill DClone with it. Cold ones are better against the BigBigD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Luhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Luhizot

Posted 2004-03-02, 06:38 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Yeehaw, USEast again"
The whole immunity deal is annoying with a sorceress. I'm thinking about starting a Barbarian with some nice gear to bash most monsters. The immune to physical ghosts don't seem to be that common.

Anyway, so what should I invest in if I start a sorc, skill and magic wise? I've always been a fan of getting Warmth up fairly high, but... Oh well, let me know if you have any advice.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2004-03-02, 06:39 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The whole immunity deal is annoying..."
Paladin. Paladin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-03-02, 09:52 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Paladin. Paladin."
!King_Amazon! said:
Paladin. Paladin.
Why Paladin? What kind of Paladin? What about crowd control these days?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2004-03-02, 10:06 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Yeehaw, USEast again"
I bet Sov got you back into the addiction OMG! YOU TO. I'm still debating if i should go back to diablo, and build my Barb again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-03-02, 10:53 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "I bet Sov got you back into the..."
I'd say a zealot. They can be ownage if you've got fair equipment. Don't bother with blessed hammer pally, I tried one and couldn't hit anything, it takes too much skill and from what I hear they suck without optimum equipment.

Maybe try a javazon too, they are pretty good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-03-02, 12:14 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'd say a zealot. They can be ownage..."
Duh, I did try a javazon, it's my character right now. I can kill swarms easily, but I can't hurt lightning immune monsters. I have huge problems with them. Maybe I should invest in a good barbarian mercenary or something... Hmm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2004-03-02, 12:29 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Duh, I did try a javazon, it's my..."
Chruser said:
Duh, I did try a javazon, it's my character right now. I can kill swarms easily, but I can't hurt lightning immune monsters. I have huge problems with them. Maybe I should invest in a good barbarian mercenary or something... Hmm.
Javazon needs a good merc for Lit immunes. Where you planning on MFing Chruser?

Fire Sorc = Good for Thresh Socket, Pindleskin, Meph (wand with Lower Resist charges highly recommended).

Cold Sorc = Good for Pindleskin, Meph, Baal.

Hammerdins would be good for all, but I personally haven't gotten one past lvl 20. They were just annoying, and I didn't have an Enigma at the time.

I use a Javazon for Pit Runs, which is where you can get some awesome stuff. She's not bad for Countess runs either.

MF barbs are ok, their cool thing is Find Item. You can get 2 chances for a drop from monsters. Be great for Pit runs.

Last, but not least, you could use a Poison Necro (For Pit/Countess runs) or a Bone Necro for about anything (He'd be a little slower than other classes).

I may have left one out, I'm not entirely awake. I stayed up too late playing Lineage II.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-02, 02:52 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Javazon needs a good merc for Lit..."
Vollstrecker said:
Javazon needs a good merc for Lit immunes. Where you planning on MFing Chruser?

Fire Sorc = Good for Thresh Socket, Pindleskin, Meph (wand with Lower Resist charges highly recommended).

Cold Sorc = Good for Pindleskin, Meph, Baal.

Hammerdins would be good for all, but I personally haven't gotten one past lvl 20. They were just annoying, and I didn't have an Enigma at the time.

I use a Javazon for Pit Runs, which is where you can get some awesome stuff. She's not bad for Countess runs either.

MF barbs are ok, their cool thing is Find Item. You can get 2 chances for a drop from monsters. Be great for Pit runs.

Last, but not least, you could use a Poison Necro (For Pit/Countess runs) or a Bone Necro for about anything (He'd be a little slower than other classes).

I may have left one out, I'm not entirely awake. I stayed up too late playing Lineage II.
Agh, you're really giving me a hard time to choose now. I appreciate choices though, so it's all good. Anyway, I can't really do pit runs with my javazon. She has way, way too little vitality to last versus the lightning immune archers on her own. I haven't really tried with a barb merc though. Maybe I should.

Solo runs for Meph and Baal does sound good, item-wise, and I'm tempted to start a hammerdin. From what I've heard, they suck miserably at first, but using one pays off well eventually.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2004-03-02, 03:20 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Agh, you're really giving me a hard..."
Blizzard sorcs own meph if all you want to do is MF.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-03-02, 04:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Blizzard sorcs own meph if all you want..."
Why don't you just choose a character based on what equipment you got or that you can get/borrow from friends?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-03-02, 09:42 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Agh, you're really giving me a hard..."
I've got a lot of gear on USEast/Nonladder/Softcore. My Ladder assets are laughable. I've been habiting "free 4 n00b" games, lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-03, 12:09 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I've got a lot of gear on..."
BS necros for any single monster would probably be the best bet, jav zons would probably spank the pit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-03-03, 03:57 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Agh, you're really giving me a hard..."
[QUOTE=Chruser]Agh, you're really giving me a hard time to choose now. I appreciate choices though, so it's all good. Anyway, I can't really do pit runs with my javazon. She has way, way too little vitality to last versus the lightning immune archers on her own. I haven't really tried with a barb merc though. Maybe I should.
[\QUOTE]

Get a holy freeze merc with a brainhew Ogre axe. My Javazon uses Demons Arch Balrog Spear and a Tiamats for plenty of mixed elemental damage. She blows right thru lightning immunes. Does about double the damage of a Titans revenge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2004-03-03, 04:28 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post starting "[QUOTE=Chruser]Agh, you're really..."
Ethereal upgraded titans revenge?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-03-04, 07:10 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Ethereal upgraded titans revenge?"
Crusher make a blizzard sorce with maxed blizz synergies, it pwnz all.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-03-04, 07:50 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "I bet Sov got you back into the..."
LiveWire said:
I bet Sov got you back into the addiction OMG! YOU TO. I'm still debating if i should go back to diablo, and build my Barb again.
No it wasnt my evil doing. And for your own good, i dont think you should EVER restart d2, no offence intended but its not healthy for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-04, 08:31 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "No it wasnt my evil doing. And for..."
Chruser, as you speak d2 is rotting ur mind :P soon u wont be able to think of anything else except for what chars to make next or items you might find when you get home and waste your life :P if i were u id take my advice :P dont do what i did and quit but if not then gg have fun and best of luck finding items

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania