Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Video playback issue
Posted 2007-09-18, 09:30 PM
Since building my new computer, I've encountered an issue where the upper-right hand corner of most video play back is lagged by a fraction of a second, making anything unwatchable. I downloaded a more recent CCCP and it went away -- untill I tried to watch a DVD with WMP. The problem doesn't happen in PowerDVD, but PowerDVD doesn't playback propperly on my second screen. I've noticed that PowerDVD uses FFDshow, the same as most any video file playback will on my computer, so maybe that's the difference.

AMD Athlon XP X2 4600+
MSI K9N4 SLI
EVGA GF8800GTS 640MB

Also, it's PowerDVD 4.0, if you have a work arround for that instead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-19, 09:55 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Video playback issue"
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=33691

This might help you. Same card, same problem.

Which drivers have you got installed for the card? Because:

Quote:
CCCP staff here.

Solution to the problem is as follows: Go Start -> Programs -> CCCP -> ffdshow video -> Output (left side, all the way down). Check YV12 there and apply.
This works too of course if you have ffdshow installed separately. For any other decoder make sure it isn't feeding your vidcard yuy2 but yv12.

This is a known driver problem with all 8800 series cards using 158.19 driver (maybe newer too, would be nice if someone could confirm). For some reason nvidia messed up the YUY2 colorspace conversion. Not a big problem though as virtually all MPEG video is natively YV12 anyway, so that enabling it even gives a speed boost to playback.

This option is disabled in CCCP by default because very old vidcards have problems with YV12 but can handle YUY2. In the next release YV12 will be enabled by default as said old cards are on the verge of extinction anyway.

If you have any other CCCP related problems feel free to ask in our forums or chat for support.
---

You've got near enough the same basic setup as mine, btw. Just a nice little fact I thought I might throw out. The only difference is my mobo is a few models down (K9N SLI) and I've got an Asus version of the card.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-19, 01:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showt..."
Yes, I have the version of CCCP that fixes this, as I said in the OP. The issue is that WMP doesn't use ffdshow for DVDs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired