Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2007-04-17, 12:40 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "So what if it's a disaster? I dont..."
I see too many links to 2's rants. Damn furries.

As for the story: I was shocked because I hadn't heard anything until my boyfriend got home. It's scary shit, it really is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-17, 08:44 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I see too many links to 2's rants. ..."
"The gunman has been identified as Cho Seung-Hui, 23-years-old. He was a
senior and an English major. A 9 mm gun and 22 caliber gun were found and
connected to Seung-Hui. One of the weapons has been identified as one of the
weapons used in the shootings."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-17, 08:56 AM in reply to Grav's post starting ""The gunman has been identified as Cho..."
Fuckin Mongorians!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-17, 11:05 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Fuckin Mongorians!!!!"
No matter what the event, some people will try and use it for their own good. Rather sickening, really.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/virginia-te...mes-252702.php

Jack Thompson is blaming the shootings on video games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-17, 11:10 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "No matter what the event, some people..."
Terrible, this is why man needs help. Cant deal with life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-04-17, 11:51 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Terrible, this is why man needs help...."
Execute the Thompson guy in place of the shooter?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-17, 01:03 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Exactly, my australian friend messaged..."
I just realized that columbine happened on 420. I saw on some news thing while flipping through the channels with kaneda last night one of the girls that was in the classroom and stayed alive by "playing dead" and she seemed so normal for just seeing 30 people die. And I guess they're looking into why they didn't go on lock-down...lawsuit..............
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-04-17, 01:48 PM in reply to klo's post starting "I just realized that columbine happened..."
I thought the 30 people were in several different classrooms?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-17, 02:02 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I thought the 30 people were in several..."
yea, i just realized it was in different rooms. I don't really watch news a lot...but one of the guys I work with is watching youtube videos of it.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-04-17, 02:06 PM in reply to klo's post starting "yea, i just realized it was in..."
Bleugh, yesterday I overheard a very loud conversation going on between some students about whether the shooter was white or not.

"I heard he was Asian!"

"NO!! There is no way an Asian guy would be a mass-murderer! It HAS TO be a white guy!!"

There was screaming, and throwing, and ... oh dear, the stupidity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-17, 02:30 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Bleugh, yesterday I overheard a very..."
ugh, disgusting. :/
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

klo

Posted 2007-04-17, 02:45 PM in reply to klo's post starting "ugh, disgusting. :/"
A lot of asians were mass murderers during WW2 ...along with whites etc =P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-17, 04:40 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "A lot of asians were mass murderers..."
I'd heard what happened was that the guy basically walked into a Dorm, executed his Ex-G/F and another guy (presumably her new B/F). He then shot up the classroom 2 hours later. The Dorm and classroom were halfway across the campus (very large place), the reason the campus was not on lockdown was because it had been classified as a 'Domestic Dispute', they had no idea the guy would go shoot up a classroom randomly.

Granted, shooting is a bit more than a typical 'domestic dispute', the lockdown would have reacted entirely too slowly to capture the guy, nor would logic dictate an entire campus lockdown with the information they had at hand.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-17, 04:48 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'd heard what happened was that the..."
Vollstrecker said:
I'd heard what happened was that the guy basically walked into a Dorm, executed his Ex-G/F and another guy (presumably her new B/F).
Excatly what happened.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-04-17, 05:00 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Excatly what happened."
gruesomeBODY said:
Excatly what happened.
Well, Abby was the one telling me, so I left it somewhat vague as it's hearsay evidence, technically.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-17, 05:22 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Well, Abby was the one telling me, so I..."
I'm thinking this is the school that had less than 1,000 students. It couldn't have been THAT huge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-17, 05:29 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm thinking this is the school that..."
Willkillforfood said:
I'm thinking this is the school that had less than 1,000 students. It couldn't have been THAT huge.
VA Tech is massive. It's a full-fledged, highly respected university, the largest in western Virginia.

http://www.vt.edu/about/

25,000+ students with a 16:1 Student to Faculty ratio. That's a huge school.

Let me quote that page for the lazy:

Quote:
Founded in 1872 as a land-grant college named Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College, Virginia Tech is now a comprehensive, innovative research university with the largest full-time student population in Virginia. Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto: Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).

At a glance ...
Located in Blacksburg, Virginia
Eight colleges and graduate school
60 bachelor's degree programs
140 master's and doctoral degree programs
25,000+ full-time students
16:1 student-faculty ratio
Main campus includes more than 100 buildings, 2,600 acres, and an airport
Computing and communications complex for worldwide information access
Ranked 56th in university research in the United States
Has adjacent corporate research center
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-17, 05:32 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Excatly what happened."
gruesomeBODY said:
Excatly what happened.
That's what is presumably being reported, but we can't be sure. I also heard yesterday that he was lining up people along the wall, asking where his girlfriend was, then shooting them execution style. Obviously, if what is being reported today is true, then that doesn't make sense.

Point being, it's all speculation for now, and could change tomorrow. We need more witness stories and accounts being told before we know the full truth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-04-17, 07:48 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "That's what is presumably being..."
I bet his WoW account got stolen .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-04-17, 07:56 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "VA Tech is massive. It's a..."
Vollstrecker said:
VA Tech is massive. It's a full-fledged, highly respected university, the largest in western Virginia.

http://www.vt.edu/about/

25,000+ students with a 16:1 Student to Faculty ratio. That's a huge school.

Let me quote that page for the lazy:
Ah k, someone told me it had 980 students or so. I'm going to a school about that size here soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood