Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Grin Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual Basic 6)
Posted 2003-10-22, 08:09 PM
I am currently in Basic Programming at my high school and I was wondering if anyone who looks at this area of Zelaron knows about Visual Basic 6 of Microsoft. Our school uses this program for Basic Programming and I wanted to know if anyone is familiar with it because I want to be a Graphics or a Programmer when I am older, so if anyone here knows about VB6 please tell me because I am not doing so well in that class.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OmniFalcon

Posted 2003-10-22, 08:42 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
I'm your man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-10-22, 08:47 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
Mantralord is teh s3x you need for vb6, dont open hsi .exes though =D

that nig knows c++ and vb6

i never finished learning vb6 coz i was doign it by a booka nd its kidna boring =(

im learnign c++ at school , its much easier to learn witha teacher
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-10-22, 08:51 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
I'd suggest quitting vb6 after you learn most of it, and moving onto C++, or PHP, i hear they are very much alike, and php is a bit easier.

Learn php, than step into c++, or just cut straight to C++. Programming / GFX Designs, are not hard at all, I've known about 7 different programming languages (the basics) since I was about 12 (15 now) although I've totally forgotten c++ and vb6 because i havent used them in so long.

For graphics design, theroot42.org, carbonfour.com, Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! .com, bluesfear.com (newb site, good tuts though), spoono.com, and alot more, just follow the affiliate links.

I suggest getting into GFX, programming is so boring..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-10-22, 09:23 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
i am taking AP JAVA next 2 terms after this
and our school only has 3 program classes -
Basic Programming
Advanced Programming
AP Java

Advanced isnt required to go to AP Java, u only need algebra 1 and some common sense. im in algebra 2 and i am in basic programming. my teacher for bp is nice, tho shes kinda boring sometimes but she lets us go on teh internet like www.illwillpress.com but not www.zelaron.com, i want zelaron at school.

EDIT : mantralord, u have the single greatest sig in all of zelaron

Last edited by OmniFalcon; 2003-10-22 at 09:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmniFalcon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OmniFalcon

Posted 2003-10-22, 09:36 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
Really? You like teh digimon?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-10-22, 11:38 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
My god! Illwillpress rox! Foamy the squirrel!!! I've actually bought their whole comic collection Anyway, I'm also doing VB at school so... *shrug*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-23, 04:01 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
Foamy = the best
Foamy > Gir
Foamy > Devil Doll
Foamy > Radiskull

yeah i admit i was one of those people who got up early on saturday's and stuff to watch digimon on fox morning and i had watched all the episodes

and hades has the 2nd best sig in all of teh zelaron
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

OmniFalcon

Posted 2003-10-23, 04:59 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
Yugioh ownz Digimon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-10-23, 05:39 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
uncapped said:
Yugioh ownz Digimon.
You wish. Yu-gi-oh monsters are really weak compared to the strongest Digimon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2003-10-23, 05:44 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
I wanna learn VB or C++ but there are absolutely no classes for them at my school.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 05:48 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
Bah, your stupid little Calumon couldn't scratch my Asura Priest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-10-23, 06:01 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
Shut up, Gundam pwns all all, specially gundam seed!!!

But the best anime ever will always be Saint Seiya

even though it sucks on the cartoon network english version
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-10-23, 08:57 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
hades sig movie = god-dam?
ill admit yu-gi-oh has some nice monsters especially the egyptian god cards they is teh sex, but nothing compares to the horrors of digimon monsters i mean that godly winged dragon of rah in yu-gi-oh is a flea compared to war greymon
poke-man can poke- men
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

OmniFalcon

Posted 2003-10-23, 08:58 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
The pokemon games are actually pretty cool, and collecting the cards was pointless and wasteful but fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-23, 09:37 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
uncapped said:
Bah, your stupid little Calumon couldn't scratch my Asura Priest.
There are way more powerful digimon, ya know...

My all-time favorites (all of which can wipe the floor with Yu-gi-oh's ass):

First and second season:

Magnamon
Blackwargreymon
Skullgreymon (this guy just pwns in his level of power)
Etemon is sorta cool
Myotismon (yeah, his vampire form kicks major ass)
Patamon (and all his forms)

Third season:

Renamon, and all her forms
Beezlebumon (the guy getting blasted in my sig, hes pretty powerful actually)

Fourth season:

Wolfmon
Agunimon
Lucemon (mean ass guy, reminds me of Myotismon)
Susalumon
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2003-10-23, 10:17 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
i never really got into the digi mon, or yu gi oh or anything, or anything anime for that fact. So im all confused when i go to work (gamestop) and people are all like talking about it and shit all their anime stuff. Oh well... it's cool. Anybody going to school for graphics/animation for gaming industry. I'm doing that + just getting my A+ and my networking certs, and pro web designer... and business... Mantra, what ar eyou going t obe doing, i mean, you obviously know your programming, but that can be boring.... but fun all the same, but ar eyou going to do anything diff from that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Oreo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOreo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Oreo

Posted 2003-10-23, 10:26 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
I dunno, right now I have 4 choices in my life:

Programmer (what i've been building on for the past...9 years)

Game Designer (I consider this the "dumb people" field, much like how everyone wants to be a sports or a media star, everyone wants to be designing games because its "cool", however, if they only knew that 90% of the "cool" people making their games are downright nerds!)

Graphics designer (same as above)

Cook (I love food)

Chiropracter/Massage Therapist (I love rubbing people around, especially guys )

Psychologist/Psychiatrist/Relationship Therapist (that general area, I find this stuff fascinating)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2003-10-24, 04:00 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
mantralord said:
First and second season:

Magnamon
Blackwargreymon
Skullgreymon (this guy just pwns in his level of power)
Etemon is sorta cool
Myotismon (yeah, his vampire form kicks major ass)
Patamon (and all his forms)
the above digimon own all yu-gi-oh and poke-man guys COMBINED!!!!

Magnamon > all
and NOOO MANTRALORD GET UR OLD SIG BACK or give it to me

i probobly want to be the "downright nerd" or the kook, cuz i like games and food, especially at the same time! =-o
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

OmniFalcon

Posted 2003-10-24, 07:25 PM in reply to OmniFalcon's post "Basic Programming (Microsoft Visual..."
Erm... Gir rox too...

So Foamy = Gir

But yes Foamy rox them rest crap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin