Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

View Poll Results: Are you going to purchase Diablo III when it is released?
Yes 8 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2012-01-09, 03:28 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Use HDMI cables. Omg, we were playing..."
Be sure you use the gold plated monster cables. The conductivity of gold makes it an excellent upgrade to increase picture quality.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-01-09, 04:22 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Be sure you use the gold plated monster..."
Sovereign said: [Goto]
Be sure you use the gold plated monster cables. The conductivity of gold makes it an excellent upgrade to increase picture quality.
This is definitely not always true. People in the know will say to get a crappy cable and see if it gives you issues (jittering, noise lines, etc) and if it does, upgrade the cable. A lot of components can make up for the issues that crappy cables bring up and give you the exact same finished product as the stupidly priced gold plated cables. I have three different setups in my home that use HDMI and I've never bothered with Monster cables because my crappy cables work perfectly fine. Unless you are a videophile or you have a lot of disposable income they are often times not worth it.

EDIT: All three of my setups are 1080p, and one of them uses a crappy 25 foot cable. The only one that EVER gives me issues is the 25 foot cable but the issues are limited to rapid movement and don't bother me enough for me to want to spend 10x as much on a Monster cable.

EDIT2: There are also "good" cables that aren't stupidly priced like Monster cables.

EDIT3: You obviously don't know what you are talking about since you said "the conductivity of gold makes it an excellent upgrade". Gold is less conductive than copper (it has only ~70% of the electrical conductivity.) The reason they gold plate the cables is to resist corrosion. If they were going for conductivity they would go with silver (which is only slightly more conductive than copper, having 105% of the conductivity of copper.) Monster cables are definitely more durable than the average cheap cable, I'll give you that.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2012-01-09 at 04:43 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-01-09, 07:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "This is definitely not always true. ..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-01-09, 10:38 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1188/en..."
Whether or not you were serious, your statement was incorrect, and it seemed like just the sort of thing you would say.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-01-10, 09:37 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "This is definitely not always true. ..."
Thanks for the clarification, K_A. Perhaps I should browse around for better cables; although my picture is good compared to others I have seen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2012-01-10, 11:01 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Thanks for the clarification, K_A...."
If you've got a good picture, you probably aren't going to notice a change by upgrading your cable, even if you were to compare them side-by-side. I guess it never hurts to try, though, especially if you can find somewhere that will let you return the cable if you decide it wasn't worth the cost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-02-10, 10:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you've got a good picture, you..."
Yes, going to buy this game. Several copies actually...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2012-02-10, 08:45 PM in reply to Mr.Lee's post starting "Yes, going to buy this game. Several..."
OMG! It's Mr.Lee!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-02-11, 06:36 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "OMG! It's Mr.Lee!"
WetWired said: [Goto]
OMG! It's Mr.Lee!
I actually posted on Zelaron a couple of months ago How's Chrusher doin' now-days?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2012-02-11, 07:01 PM in reply to Mr.Lee's post starting "I actually posted on Zelaron a couple..."
Apparently, very busy with school, yet raking in the ISK.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-02-19, 02:09 PM in reply to Mr.Lee's post starting "I actually posted on Zelaron a couple..."
Definitely getting D3. For sure. I've been looking forward to it since I heard of its development! .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood