Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2010-10-29, 02:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "What makes me sick is hearing that in..."
Quote:
This should be a landslide for Obama.
called it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-10-29, 03:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "called it."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-10-29, 09:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Faux News!!!"
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
what is this i dont even
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-01, 08:48 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "what is this i dont even"

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-11-01, 12:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.midasupload.com/users/1/beavi..."
D3V said: [Goto]

I don't even!!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-03, 03:03 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "What makes me sick is hearing that in..."
D3V said: [Goto]
What makes me sick is hearing that in the "National Polls" they are tied. Jesus. This should be a landslide for Obama.
That is actually a form of psychological persuasion. Most people like to fit in and be agreeable with others in order to do so. This is a big point of study in psychology and sociology, one of the effects of which is peer pressure that you've no doubt heard a lot about. It stands to reason then that when fox news say that a large percentage of the country thinks a certain way, some people may start to say to themselves "Oh ya, I can see that point of view" whereas they would not have otherwise. It's actually pretty effective and not just on dumb people - there's a chance that it's been used at least subtly on any of you as well. Also, I'm sure fox news has a huge bias on the polls to get them to come out correctly and be able to label them as officially as they do. Actually since it's the circus that is fox news there is a pretty good chance they just make it up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2010-11-03, 03:05 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "That is actually a form of..."
S2 AM said: [Goto]
That is actually a form of psychological persuasion. Most people like to fit in and be agreeable with others in order to do so. This is a big point of study in psychology and sociology, one of the effects of which is peer pressure that you've no doubt heard a lot about. It stands to reason then that when fox news say that a large percentage of the country thinks a certain way, some people may start to say to themselves "Oh ya, I can see that point of view" whereas they would not have otherwise. It's actually pretty effective and not just on dumb people - there's a chance that it's been used at least subtly on any of you as well. Also, I'm sure fox news has a huge bias on the polls to get them to come out correctly and be able to label them as officially as they do. Actually since it's the circus that is fox news there is a pretty good chance they just make it up.
I'm going to have to agree to disagree. If what you say were true, there wouldn't be two main groups, there would be one main group and one small minority.

Perhaps you are right in some aspects, but I think you vastly oversimplified it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-11, 10:35 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "That is actually a form of..."
S2 AM said: [Goto]
I'll have to agree with you. Obama won because it was a popularity contest.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-11, 10:50 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'll have to agree with you. Obama won..."
Isn't that how it's been since the first election?....

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-11, 03:04 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'll have to agree with you. Obama won..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
I'll have to agree with you. Obama won because it was a popularity contest.
You are wrong. First of all, any election where you use "popular vote" to determine the winner is pretty much by definition a popularity contest. I don't see how you could define it any other way, and I don't see how calling it a "popularity contest" makes it a bad thing. It simply is. However, the President is not elected based on popular vote. The president is elected based on the votes of 538 people known as the Electoral College.

Regardless, I simply do not understand why people call any election a "popularity contest" with a negative connotation as if the election shouldn't be based on popularity but rather some mystical objective metric.

tl;dr: You're too stupid/retarded/uneducated to be posting in this thread. But hey, if it makes you feel any better, you'll fit right in with the rest of the electorate when you reach voting age.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2010-11-12 at 08:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-12, 07:51 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You are wrong. First of all, any..."
Quote:
tl;dr: You're too stupid/retarded/uneducated to be posting in this thread. But hey, if it makes you feel any better, you'll fit right in with the rest of the electorate when you reach voting age.

You may not give this user any more reputation at this time.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-14, 05:42 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You are wrong. First of all, any..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I'm moving to England, silly.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-15, 08:57 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'm moving to England, silly. ;)"
Skurai said: [Goto]
I'm moving to England, silly.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-15, 03:22 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://surfingbeans.com/wp-content/uploa..."
Oh, but haven't I told you? My aunt recently got a subscription to that family-tree-online-stuff, and we found out that (on my fathers side), his granpa's granpa's dad was the third son of an Earl. This makes me (at a guesstimation) the 440th in line to the title.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-15, 04:00 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Oh, but haven't I told you? My aunt..."
My oldest recorded ancestor was a knight in England, but from what I understand his job was basically to deliver messages to various places. One side of my family is almost entirely English, with one black slave thrown in the mix. I'm technically part African.

/coolstorybro
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-16, 08:03 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "My oldest recorded ancestor was a..."
*edit racist joke

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-16, 08:21 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "*edit racist joke"
I should have gone with /coolstorynigga instead because that would have been humorous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-11-16, 08:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I should have gone with /coolstorynigga..."
wtf: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zelaron

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-17, 07:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "wtf: ..."
You a little slow there? I saw that a good year ago.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-11-17, 10:56 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "You a little slow there? I saw that a..."
You weren't even born a year ago noob
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!