Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question Storm Sheild or Zakarum for fant Pally?
Posted 2004-03-29, 11:54 AM
i have a lvl 72 fant pally who is having more trouble than he should be doing baal runs. I have fant, holy sheild, and zeal maxed. I hav e guardian angel templar plate and a tomahawk axe. He can usually kill pretty easily but he dies alot when there are alot ofo spell casters around. His ressitances are good about around 25% or higher with the shield i have now. I was wondering which shield would better suit me as i continue to hell and which shield would hlp me not die more often.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyck1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlyck1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Slyck1

Posted 2004-03-29, 01:03 PM in reply to Slyck1's post "Storm Sheild or Zakarum for fant Pally?"
Slyck1 said:
i have a lvl 72 fant pally who is having more trouble than he should be doing baal runs. I have fant, holy sheild, and zeal maxed. I hav e guardian angel templar plate and a tomahawk axe. He can usually kill pretty easily but he dies alot when there are alot ofo spell casters around. His ressitances are good about around 25% or higher with the shield i have now. I was wondering which shield would better suit me as i continue to hell and which shield would hlp me not die more often.
Yes you need a HOZ. It has been my experience that EVERY melee character absolutely needs max resists in hell to survive. You may be able to get by maybe act1 and act2 but if you plan on doing Baal runs then you need max resists, 25 just doesn’t cut it in 1.10. You didn’t state the stats of your current shield, so depending on the stats, you may need to UM your HOZ to get to 90 resist in hell. I know I needed to for my zealot. I also needed to UM my crown of ages to get max resists without excessive resists charms filling my inventory.

Your trouble could also be related to your relative low lvl. Lvl72 is when my caster characters leave NM. Melee characters usually don’t leave NM till about lvl76 or so. I am guessing you life to be around 900-1000. If you can get some life charms or a CTA you may be able to get by with 1k base life. Otherwise get more lvls and increase your HP to a comfortable lvl possibly 1300 to 1500, which is usually hard to do with a zealot.

Last edited by kockblocker1; 2004-03-29 at 01:06 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-03-29, 03:18 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Yes you need a HOZ. It has been my..."
Can a mod grace us with a move to d2 general chat plz?

i dont really agree with the part you said about putting an um in the hoz because the difference beteween an um and a perfect diamond is like what 3 resist or something? i find that kind of insignificant due to the cost fator of and um on ladder. if you do have an um it would be better used in an armor or a helm. and if you really need that extra 3 resist then i suggest you gets some small resist charms. but yeah i have to agree that for a pally Hoz is defeniatly the way to go because the skills you get from it seemed to help me more than the damage reduction on a ss. especailly due to the fact that you said you are fine unless there are alot of casters around you, i would recomend the hoz.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-03-29, 03:21 PM in reply to Slyck1's post "Storm Sheild or Zakarum for fant Pally?"
Moved to D2 General Chat.

@Tidus, yeah, this didn't show up in my 'New Posts' thingy, otherwise, I would've caught it sooner.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-29, 03:21 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "Can a mod grace us with a move to d2..."
tidus2005 said:
Can a mod grace us with a move to d2 general chat plz?

i dont really agree with the part you said about putting an um in the hoz because the difference beteween an um and a perfect diamond is like what 3 resist or something? i find that kind of insignificant due to the cost fator of and um on ladder. if you do have an um it would be better used in an armor or a helm. and if you really need that extra 3 resist then i suggest you gets some small resist charms. but yeah i have to agree that for a pally Hoz is defeniatly the way to go because the skills you get from it seemed to help me more than the damage reduction on a ss. especailly due to the fact that you said you are fine unless there are alot of casters around you, i would recomend the hoz.

Nice point about the UM. Come to think of it I did use a pdiamond in the HOZ and not a um rune.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-03-30, 05:52 AM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Nice point about the UM. Come to think..."
you must be very rich and it don´t interstet you the kost of your items if you put an um instad of a pdiamond...
excuse me plz for my bad english
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BlackKnight