Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2003-10-21, 08:01 AM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Raziel said:
First, it's spelled "Arucard"because the Japanese language is ridiculous. It was a translation error. How much sense does this make: "Dracura." That is "Arucard" backwards. It was supposed to be spelled "Alucard," and that's how it's pronounced in the english dub.
IIRC, l's are pronounced like r's in Japanese. There's a couple letters that don't exist in Japan as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-10-21, 09:30 AM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
yea I remember that much from japanese class in 10th grade the hiragana 'ra' is almost pronouced 'la' but not quite
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:33 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Yeah... I kinda found that obvious and natural and I've always said it that way >.> Must be the asian connection
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-21, 06:49 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
I liked Inuyasha. Naraku and Seschomaru were cool too. Vageta, Trunks was lokay at the beginning. As for Cowoby Bebop, I don't like it. I saw it the first time it came on over here, and I really despised the whole thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-22, 04:28 AM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Rurouni Stom said:
IIRC, l's are pronounced like r's in Japanese. There's a couple letters that don't exist in Japan as well.
Well, it's more that the sounds "L" and "R" are interchangeable. Like I said, the Japanese language is ridiculous.

Example: try to name even so much as one Japanese word that is pronounced with a consonant at the end. Having trouble? That's because there aren't any. Just weird.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-11-01, 04:05 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
I think Naruto is cool
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2003-11-01, 04:40 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Kuja`s #1 said:
I liked Inuyasha. Naraku and Seschomaru were cool too. Vageta, Trunks was lokay at the beginning. As for Cowoby Bebop, I don't like it. I saw it the first time it came on over here, and I really despised the whole thing.
Inuyasha is definitely a well done show. I just wish they stuck to the manga a little bit more (less filler)

And you don't like Bebop? Chruser, should I burn this heathen?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-11-11, 10:00 AM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Kuja`s #1 said:
why don't you like cowboy bebop?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2003-11-11, 02:41 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
I don't know if I posted here before, but the characters from Inuyasha.

Also Blue Gender has some good characters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-11, 04:25 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Lupin from Lupin the 3rd... What's up now?!?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-11-11, 04:26 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
I didn't like Lupin. He was cool and all, just didn't care for him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-11, 04:29 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
I watch hardly any anime though, but Lupin is just a funny show. Why the hell did they stop showing it on Adult Swim? did they show them all or did nobody watch them?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-11-11, 04:37 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
I think both.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-11, 08:10 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Penny_Bags said:
I watch hardly any anime though, but Lupin is just a funny show. Why the hell did they stop showing it on Adult Swim? did they show them all or did nobody watch them?
It was the lowest rated show on AS, so they dropped it. Unfortunate, since the second series was never shown in North America before
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-11-11, 09:11 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Favorite Anime/Manga Characters:

Piccolo (DB, DBZ)
Ryouga (Ranma 1/2)
Wufei (GW)
Wolfwood (Trigun)
Meryle ((sp) Trigun)
Marron (Bakuretsu Hunters)
Edward (Cowboy Bebop)
Sesshomaru (InuYasha)
Urd (Ah! My Goddess!)
Alexiel (Angel Sanctuary)
Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
Most of the characters from FLCL
Omi (Weiss (or Weib) Kreuz)
Farfarello (Weiss (or Weib) Kreuz)
Kurai (Angel Sanctuary)
Pan (DBGT)
Quatre (GW)
Duo (GW)

Aaand, there are others that have slipped my mind. May add more later.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-11-11, 09:21 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Ed but no Spike? Ed is insane.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-11, 09:29 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Time for an actual list:

Jet and Ed from Bebop
Legato Bluesummers and Wolfwood from Trigun
Chidori (Full Metal Panic)
Justy Tylor (The Irresponsible Captain Tylor)
Jigen (Lupin III)
Tsukasa (.hack//SIGN) -Probably the most like me
Inu Yasha (from the show of the same name)
Onizuka and Izumi (Great Teacher Onizuka)
most of FLCL as well
Jason Beck and Schwartzwald (Big O)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-11-12, 10:07 AM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
The show sucked. Who cares if they never showed it here?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-12, 12:07 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Ooh. Yes. Tsukasa too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-11-12, 01:33 PM in reply to peter_griffin's post "Favorite anime characters"
Kuja's you never offer any support for why you critique things, and your criticism isn't constructive either. Please up the quality of your posts...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags