Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Vice City Madness
Posted 2005-05-09, 11:05 PM
Here's the story:

I have bought over 15 copies of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
I've returned about eight of them because they didn't work right off the bat.
The others have all stopped working over time.
I've been getting them since the original. I got the Greatest Hits. Then, I got another version where I believe the word "Haitian" was cut out.

They all stopped working after a few months. And no, none of my other games ever did this.

I don't have a PS2 anymore, but I'm curious as to why this happened.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sinner & Saint is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSinner & Saint is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sinner & Saint

Posted 2005-05-10, 01:23 AM in reply to Sinner & Saint's post "Vice City Madness"
You didn't take care of it or you're incredibly unlucky. Mine still works fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-05-10, 06:15 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You didn't take care of it or you're..."
Wow, that really sucks. My guess would be an incredible string of bad luck. My friends that own PS2 haven't had any problems with their copies. As for "Haitian" being cut out, that was in response to a Hispanic group complaining that the game was racist. Rockstar got sick of the bad press and just changed it.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-05-10, 09:41 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Wow, that really sucks. My guess would..."
Really??! Wow...

My disc still works fine...though my San Adreas one killed itself just before christmas...and I don't know why...may have the same problem as you do...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-10, 02:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Really??! Wow... My disc still works..."
A CD can't just "kill itself". If it gets corrupted it's the fault of the user or the system.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-05-11, 10:16 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "A CD can't just "kill itself". If it..."
Fine...my PS2 killed my disc...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-19, 09:32 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Fine...my PS2 killed my disc..."
It's not the disc, it's the PS2. Your system sucks, like mine used to, go get a slimline version and you'll be set.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-05-19, 09:35 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's not the disc, it's the PS2. Your..."
Slimline??! Are you mad?!! I'd lose it in all the rubbish that accumulates on top of my chests of drawers...I can only just find my PS2 under all the papers there...anyway, I haven't, sadly, plaed my PS2 for a few months now...so there isn't any real point in getting a new one...much easier to save up and buy the PS3. And anyway, it has only happened to the one game...none of the others.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-19, 09:39 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Slimline??! Are you mad?!! I'd lose it..."
I was getting tired of not being able to play Vice city and red faction,....nascar and all of my madden games. Now i've had the stupid Slimline for a while and no problems and it work's great, I'm eventually going to get a power inverter and slap it into my car and get me two headrest monitors, it's real easy to mount and takes up no room at all.

But yeah, saving for the PS3 is what i'm gonna have to start doing, that shit will probably be about 500 dollars.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V