Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

infamous scams
Posted 2003-07-20, 09:39 AM
Just a thead to post some of the stupid scams people come up with out there for laughs.

Here are a couple of the ones i encountered.

Was trying out for a clan and this asn said i had to do a trust test. she west outside and dropped all items and counted to ten. then told me i had to. i went out and dropped an item and soon as i did she hostiled and all these traps came at me. i guess she hid them somewhere. luckily i got the item back and left the game.
i saw this with also when they leave the merc outside when you drop items thien hostile

trading for a shako back in the day when they were worth alot. kid didnt have enough room for sojs then came back and put up a p emrald shako cap. looks exactly the same. i traded and lost my sojs. the kid said he made over 100 sojs that way a day.

just write down some of your encounters with scammers if you got time. nice to hear about them
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Umpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUmpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Umpc

Posted 2003-07-20, 12:59 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
So let me get this straight... your an idiot?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-07-20, 01:30 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
Shut up you asshole, thats not the point of this thread. Just about all of us have been scammed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-20, 01:32 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
Don't Flame.

Edit: I fell for the teleport into town from outside of town from a Barb before scam...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-07-20, 01:33 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
Ouch... My pride....

One time i fell for a trade hack...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-07-20, 03:20 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
Umpc said:
Was trying out for a clan and this asn said i had to do a trust test. she west outside and dropped all items and counted to ten. then told me i had to. i went out and dropped an item and soon as i did she hostiled and all these traps came at me. i guess she hid them somewhere. luckily i got the item back and left the game.
That's the only scam I ever fell for, except I went into the game and it was a sorc and 2 assassins, the assassins had already placed the traps, the sorc said they were trying out too, so she told them to go outside of town and drop their items so she could take a screenshot for the website.

They went out one after the other and did it, then they came back in and put burst of speed on, I figured that was the scam, that they were gonna run out and get the items really quick, but it wasn't.

Anyway, I was so certain I had figured out the scam, so I told the sorc to make the assassins go to the opposite side of town, I dropped all my items(perfect sorc MF gear at the time) and they hostiled me and I was dead almost instantly, I remember I clicked one item as fast as I could but it was a crappy chance guards.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-07-20, 03:58 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
Seriously, they coulda just had pick-it and you'd be fucked. Dropping items is just plain INSANE. I don't think I've ever lost anything in scams. I've lost things to my "friends" before by muleing but that's about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-07-20, 05:55 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
My friend lost his account one time. I don't know how to hell it worked out but somehow when he went to connect to b.net a patch warning came up. So he downloaded it, went to type in his pass, hit enter, logged on. Suddenly threw him off before he could get into lod-useast. So it threw him off of diablo and he had to reaload it and when he went to go back on his account his pass was changed, Now I don't know wtf happened to him or what, but I seriously have no clue, sucks for him I guess.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-07-20, 06:00 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
besides being fooled by "friends" when muling the only thing i can come to think about is when i was going to trade me a new Ocu and the guy said that he had to make more room and switched the item to a crappy magic one, after that pps have try to fool me with the Harle scam and some realy bad rings and amu scams tho none of them worked out well for the scammer (but it gave me a good laugh and a reason to call some1 a "n00b")
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nitrodox is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNitrodox is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nitrodox

Posted 2003-07-20, 06:05 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
I used to do the Act 5 wall-near-stash scam, where you advertise a game where the prize is an soj. It was fun, and real easy. I won a Ithsword once by it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-20, 06:10 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
i got scammed going to a website that made you auto-download an item dropper, luckily i kept the website and did it to some kids....mean but hilarious when it works
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DrowningOnAir

Posted 2003-07-20, 06:31 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
Oh yeah there's that scam where you sell that morning star that looks like Bstar unid for an SOJ or sell the crossbow that looks like buriza unid for an SOJ.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-07-20, 07:10 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
Oh my god lol one scam that backfired for him was :

Ok this guy was trying to get me to drop my items and shit and he said ill drop my zephry (bugged) if u drop ur 2 wfs and that will make sure their legit, well he dropped his zephry, and i didnt drop mine but it was that thing where one person can grab stuf from one side of a fence but from other side of wall/fence other person cant, well he did it and i didnt, and then he dropped zephry again and we argued and talked for about 30 min, then he was like im gona do it my last time and then i was like ok dood and then he dropped it and it lagged OVER AND OVER AND OVER because so much item drop and i just went over there and took his zephry and he said ill give u 5 sojs for it back so i said k and he dropped the 5 and i left and he threated to hax me and shit and everything and he said hes crying because he paid 50 bucks for that zephry... LOL

Another thing is when this guy was doing the clan thing to me and he droppedhis stuff outside of town and he said now u do it and then i did and he ran out and tried to kill me but i killed him and then he lost like a shit load of gold and he was like lets keep fighting fag and we kept fighting and he poped and i got a ith armor and a wf and some other neat shit... Im so fucking bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-07-20, 11:35 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
oh damn man, i finally find out the secret of your success! its so genius....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-07-21, 08:17 AM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
Droppin items is the worst idea, ive been asked to do it to join clans etc in which case i jus leave the game, no point in wasting good items..
The most important word in the english dictionary is - WHY
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
immortal_king is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenimmortal_king is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

immortal_king

Posted 2003-07-21, 12:38 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
Well, last time I was using a Zon and the clan has a Sorc and an Asn. They tested my skills first, me vs Sorc, 3 matches. I won of course, either she just doesn't know how to play sorc or she was letting me.

Then the trust test...after the sorc dropped all the items, they wanted me to go do the same. I was thinking about a lot of stuff...Will I be dropped, killed, etc. Then the Asn kept pushing me. So I said to the Asn(Clan Leader), I will do it, but could you rejoin the game first?

She refused, saying it is a waste of time. I said, Just want to make sure there is no trap around. She then said STFU WTF etc and left with the sorc.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-21, 03:40 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
I remember the old drop hack scam. You would download it then it would say "Flash and drop all your items, i had fun with that one with all my friends. ne body got the link to that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Umpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUmpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Umpc

Posted 2003-07-21, 10:59 PM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
good thinking sensia im going to think of that when people ask me to do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-07-22, 07:47 AM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
this one i didnt fall for but it was very funny, stupid newb scammers.

<zarorian>u can dupe
<???>yes
<???>this is simple
<zarorian>ok 1)prove it 2)lol
<???>put all your items in your stash
<zarorian>no room
<???>and in inventory
<zarorian>just tell me how
<???>i am
<zarorian>once thats done what ?
<???>it involes me killing you
<zarorian>oh
<zarorian>so you can pop the corps and get my stuff ?
<???>yep
<majiop>lol
<zarorian>lol
<zarorian>omg
<zarorian>no offence but your the worst scammer iv ever seen
<???>ill get better
<???>peace
<majiop>lol
??? Leaves the game
<zarorian>what a idoit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D2Maul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenD2Maul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

D2Maul

Posted 2003-07-22, 09:17 AM in reply to Umpc's post "infamous scams"
i did a scam one time it was where i said i could dupe so i had the guy give me something and being as newb as he was he gave me a soj so i just went to my stash and got another soj that looked like his, then he thoght that i could dupe so he gave me his shaft, 08 gaze and gf. i just started laughing my ass of at what a newb he was.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005