Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Lesen
Posted 2011-03-08, 11:44 PM
As quickly as I had turned, I saw a most curious thing from my hot air balloon. I saw the wonders of the sky in their mystical dance, turning from the regal azure color it carried often to colliding and joining in an intimate manner with red and purple and pink hues. Then let us not forget Erebus herself arguing with the morning sky for some control of the day.

Then Zephyr himself blew me around so that I was no long aware of where I was. I scanned below to see only a vast sea below me. I spun around and looked every which way, praying and hoping that I would not crash or lose air here where none could find me. In my woeful state, a little hummingbird appeared before my face and smiled at me. It was here to tell me that I would not die, but that I was being shown the wonders of the world that lay beyond the regular planes of existence, where everything was a spirit or deity. A world of much imagining.

I asked it to show me everything, but the hummingbird bemoaned that it could be of no such service. It could only show me certain parts for if it showed everything, my body would not be able to handle the brilliance that laid within. I consented and was again blown around by the winds. I saw many things, both wonderful and frightening.

In the lands to the east I saw giants sleeping in hovels made of clay and mud. In lands to the south I saw great spirits dancing around fires and consulting the gods with what they should harvest.

In the lands of the west I saw little children running in various forests scattered about along rolling hills. In the north I saw many of various races and personalities huddling together to keep warm while they sharpened their tools in preparation for the hunt.

The hummingbird told me our world was once like this, at least, in the minds of the peoples. A world made of many natural splendors and groups of people and beings. It's a world that is slowly ebbing away as more and more pollute their minds. Soon children will not have imaginary worlds to which they can retreat and be content in for hours. Adults will slowly lose their ability to dream and grasp those dreams.

But before I could ask what we could do to remedy this I woke back in my bed. I looked around and shook my head, dismayed I wasn't allowed the opportunity to help restore these worlds to their fullest. As I sat in pitiful silence, I turned and saw a small box that was not on my stand the night prior. I grabbed it and opened it and found a small little book in it.

I grabbed the book out and looked over it. It had no title printed on it or any indication of where it came from. I turned open the cover and a couple of pages and saw a message written in a different language. I smiled and snatched the book up, ready to dress and find out what that message was.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack