Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Need a favor? Talk to my right ear
Posted 2009-06-25, 04:08 AM
The Telegraph reports that scientists have found that if you want to get someone to do something, ask them in their right ear. Known as the 'right ear advantage,' scientists believe it is because information received through the right ear is processed by the left hand side of the brain which is more logical and better at deciphering verbal information than the right side of the brain. 'Talk into the right ear you send your words into a slightly more amenable part of the brain,' say researchers. The team, led by Dr. Luca Tommasi and Daniele Marzoli from the University of Chieti in central Italy, observed the behavior of hundreds of people in three nightclubs across the city where they intentionally addressed 176 people in either their right or their left ear when asking for a cigarette. They obtained significantly more cigarettes when they made their request in a person's right ear compared with their left. 'These results seem to be consistent with the hypothesized specialization of right and left hemispheres,' say researchers. 'We can also see this tendency when people use the phone, most will naturally hold it to their right ear.'
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Babylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBabylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Babylon

Posted 2009-06-25, 06:38 AM in reply to Babylon's post "Need a favor? Talk to my right ear"
Nice. So which eye do you read Zelaron with?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-25, 07:23 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Nice. So which eye do you read Zelaron..."
Grav said: [Goto]
Nice. So which eye do you read Zelaron with?
Believe it or not, my right eye seems to be under the most work durring that.

I'm ambidextrous by the way.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-06-25, 09:14 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Believe it or not, my right eye seems..."
That's odd, so that's why when I listen to music with just one ear bud it's always been in my right ear?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-06-25, 10:02 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "That's odd, so that's why when I listen..."
D3V said: [Goto]
That's odd, so that's why when I listen to music with just one ear bud it's always been in my right ear?
speaking of which, does anyone ever have just one ear bud blow out?
Everyone at my school says "It's always the left one." and I agree. It is always the left one...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-06-25, 10:23 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "speaking of which, does anyone ever..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
speaking of which, does anyone ever have just one ear bud blow out?
Everyone at my school says "It's always the left one." and I agree. It is always the left one...
no

Edit: Skurai, I have this wonderful website I found the other day! It's spectacular.

You'll love it: http://nintendofanforum.com/forum.php

Just register, and tell everyone over there about what happens to you everyday and your life stories!

Last edited by Wallow; 2009-06-25 at 10:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow