Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

I need help identifying this
Posted 2004-04-01, 02:20 PM
I always wanted to know what this song was. I hear it on the radio and on the internet but have never heard who sung it. I remember the first line or two. it was something like "This is my last resort.........Suffaction no breathing. Dont give a f**k if I ever stop breathing." Please somebody help me i really want to find out who it is so that I can buy there CD and find out more about them. Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tsukasa is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTsukasa is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tsukasa

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:37 PM in reply to Tsukasa's post "I need help identifying this"
Dont censor yourself -_-. Say the word FUCK proudly young man!

Anyway thats Last Resort, by Papa Roach. Their cd is called "Infested" i believe. IT has a huge cockroach on the front cover.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-01, 05:45 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Dont censor yourself -_-. Say the word..."
LOL... thanks Sovereign and I will take your advice. Thank You
-In the end we all serve a purpose. It's time to find your's.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tsukasa is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTsukasa is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tsukasa

Posted 2004-04-01, 11:28 PM in reply to Tsukasa's post starting "LOL... thanks Sovereign and I will take..."
Oh God, do not buy that album. Spend your money on something good. Like Soilwork. Buy Soilwork's new album. You'll like it, trust me. Everybody likes it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-04-01, 11:40 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Oh God, do not buy that album. Spend..."
Or Rammstein's "mutter" album. Seriously though, Last resort and Some song that goes "She loves me not" are the only good songs on that cd. Just burn it from a friend or dl it, its not worth buying, as raziel said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-02, 01:36 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Oh God, do not buy that album. Spend..."
Ok I'll listen to a few songs of SoilWork and if I like it I will buy it. Sounds like they would be good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tsukasa

Posted 2004-04-02, 07:34 PM in reply to Tsukasa's post starting "Ok I'll listen to a few songs of..."
It looks like you are right. Everyone likes Soilwork. I have looked at some of their lyrics 'Song of the Damned' 'Steelblade Suicide' 'Shadowchild' how many CD's do they have because now I want to buy their CD's or should I just buy certain ones?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tsukasa

Posted 2004-04-03, 07:41 AM in reply to Tsukasa's post starting "It looks like you are right. Everyone..."
Buy Figure Number Five and Natural Born Chaos if you can. The songs you mentioned were good, but two of those were from another album and "Song of the Damned" is most certainly not the best song on Chaos.

If you can download mp3s, find the following songs. I'll also list which album they're off of:

Distortion Sleep (Figure Number Five)
Rejection Role (Figure Number Five)
Departure Plan )Figure Number Five)

As We Speak (Natural Born Chaos)
Black Star Deciever (Natural Born Chaos)
Follow The Hollow (Natural Born Chaos)

If those songs don't make you run out and buy those CDs immediately then I will be genuinely shocked. I would start with Figure Number Five and Natural Born Chaos if you can afford it as well. After that, you might want to consider picking up A Predator's Portrait.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-04-03 at 07:44 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-04-03, 10:14 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Buy Figure Number Five and Natural Born..."
Heh, just the names of those songs scare me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-04-03, 11:34 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Heh, just the names of those songs..."
I think everyone should buy the strokes cd " Room on Fire" or "last Night" man o man are they ever good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gunbound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGunbound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gunbound

Posted 2004-04-03, 12:02 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Heh, just the names of those songs..."
mjordan2nd said:
You should give them a try anyway. I know you're more of a rap guy, but like I said, everybody likes Soilwork. I know people that loathe heavier stuff like them (techno geeks, rap fans, classic rock purists) that say Soilwork is friggin' badass. If anything, I'd recommend giving "Distortion Sleep" a try. If you don't like it, I'll be honestly surprised.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-04-05, 03:23 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Heh, just the names of those songs..."
mjordan2nd said:
Albums like "Thugz and Harmony" scare me, rock doesn't really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-04-05, 03:32 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "You should give them a try anyway. I..."
Raziel said:
You should give them a try anyway. I know you're more of a rap guy, but like I said, everybody likes Soilwork. I know people that loathe heavier stuff like them (techno geeks, rap fans, classic rock purists) that say Soilwork is friggin' badass. If anything, I'd recommend giving "Distortion Sleep" a try. If you don't like it, I'll be honestly surprised.
Yeah, I am definitely one of those people. I wouldn't say classic rock purist, but I'm close.
['classic rock is good' rant]
AC/DC
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
Nirvana
Guns 'n' Roses
Early Metallica
Queen
What else do you need!?!?! [/'classic rock is good' rant]

However, like Raziel said, I actually like Soilwork a lot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-04-05, 09:23 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "You should give them a try anyway. I..."
I'm a techno geek who also enjoy quality heavy metal, classic rock, and the occasional 80's pop song. Country however, deserves death.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-04-05, 09:31 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "You should give them a try anyway. I..."
Raziel said:
I'll give it a try if you say so. Quite honestly, there is very little heavy metal that I like, but I'll give it a try. Only thing is, I can't use p2p because the RIAA sent me some warning letter. If you could give me a link to a web site that I could download that stuff from, that would be fabulous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-04-06, 06:04 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I'll give it a try if you say so. Quite..."
Well, considering that I'm on a slow-ass connection at the moment, and I'm strapped for time, I can't really go hunting for URLs. If I was you, I'd try to find the website for Nuclear Blast Records or Soilwork's homepage. You'd probably have more luck with Nuclear Blast's official website, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-04-07, 04:17 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Yeah, I am definitely one of those..."
[QUOTE=Penny_Bags]Yeah, I am definitely one of those people. I wouldn't say classic rock purist, but I'm close.
['classic rock is good' rant]
AC/DC
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
Nirvana
Guns 'n' Roses
Early Metallica
Queen
What else do you need!?!?! [/'classic rock is good' rant]

Yea, all of those are awsome selections, mainly AC/DC for me. nanannananana THUNDER nananananananna THUNDER nanananananananana THUNDER nanananananannana THUNDER, it was ....

yea, i wont bored you all by writing out the whole song... or will I? nanan, nah, dont feel like it.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-04-09, 09:13 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "[QUOTE=Penny_Bags]Yeah, I am definitely..."
Soilwork is pretty good. I'm in love with their music, minus the vocals. But nothing beats my favorite rock album of all time, Reveille - Laced. It will blow you away. Well, it might not, but it sure as hell blew me away.

EDIT:

The new In Flames cd is fucking great too. Definately check that shit out.

Last edited by uncapped; 2004-04-09 at 09:32 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-04-09, 10:54 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Soilwork is pretty good. I'm in love..."
The new In Flames is pretty sweet, but I don't think I like it more than their last one, Reroute To Remain. But, regardless, the new one kicks ass.

Dude, how can you not like Soilwork's vocalist? That guy is a fucking monster, and he does all of the vocals by himself. No backup singers doing the clean vocals, it's all Bjorn Strid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel