Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Should I put eth or shael in GF?
Posted 2003-09-01, 04:08 AM
Iplay pvm only and my barb uses ww, not zerk or frenzy. I know Ohm or 40/15 jewels would be better, but can't afford em. So I only need the answer to be "eth" or "shael". CB has fps breakpoint with ww in 18%Ias and 44% ias...

ty
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSnow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Snow

Posted 2003-09-01, 12:14 PM in reply to Snow's post "Should I put eth or shael in GF?"
Well, it will jump from a 8fpa to 6fpa, 1 hand or both.

I wouldn't really socket a shael though. a 15% ias jewel is better, I mean, 15% ias with any mod is better than no mod at all...

15% Ias would give the same result, by the way.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Eth or Shael.
Posted 2003-09-01, 03:12 PM in reply to Snow's post "Should I put eth or shael in GF?"
Eth is way better than shael, when I socketed my gf with a eth it like its the monsters so much more, I think its a bug.But the sword is so slow it doesn't really matter lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-09-01, 04:19 PM in reply to Snow's post "Should I put eth or shael in GF?"
Eth is a bug, and I don't think the monsters have that high of a defense in 1.09 to be a problem.

If you are Sword/Shield, (meaning...you will have DEX for max block) then Eth is not needed. If you are two-hand (which then I would wonder how you could survive) with pure strength build, then Eth can benefit a lot.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-09-02, 08:28 AM in reply to Snow's post "Should I put eth or shael in GF?"
Are you sure that 15% ias and 20% will give the same result? I thought 18% was the fps breakpoint...:O

I use 2xGF, so my dex isn't that high, my chance to hit in cows is about 78%. I'm at work now, so can't tell exact numbers, roughly only. My str is at 195, and vit is at 245, so i got abou 1450 life now. 125 unspent points, thinking should i invest in str or vit. I do 4.6k ww dmg with might merc.

So as i see, it's 1-1 between shael and eth now? Anyone else got any opinions or got some more arguments for either one?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSnow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Snow

Posted 2003-09-02, 10:09 AM in reply to Snow's post "Should I put eth or shael in GF?"
Well, assuming you want to be legit, if you want to be *truly* legit, you wouldnt exploit the Eth bug.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-09-02, 10:29 AM in reply to Snow's post "Should I put eth or shael in GF?"
Well that's not really my biggest concern Tho, if i was to be 100% legit, how would I get enemys def down without socketing eth? And Mantralord, did that comment mean Eth would be better choice?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Snow

Posted 2003-09-02, 01:49 PM in reply to Snow's post "Should I put eth or shael in GF?"
Yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-09-02, 06:13 PM in reply to Snow's post "Should I put eth or shael in GF?"
the eth bug is no big deal people always wine about it like little brats
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-09-04, 04:39 PM in reply to Snow's post "Should I put eth or shael in GF?"
umm 4015 ias is not that hard to get just 1-2 32020s but if u cant eth all the way
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin