Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:21 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
About time that dipshit double-posted again... time to get banned, you son of a bitch.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:21 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
There he double post again, now can you ban him Adrenachrome?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

You double posted again... Final warning.. ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:23 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Strider Fury said:
Internet troll
(Redirected from Internet Trolls)

On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally. Though technically different from flaming, which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere.

Note that this is a highly subjective term, as everyone is affected differently by the nature of the term deemed a "troll".

Originally this term applied to people who were intentionally posting flamebait, by analogy with the fishing technique of trolling: metaphorically, these people were dragging a conversational lure through the group, hoping for a response. The concept of "this person is trolling our newsgroup" became shortened to "this person is a troll", and picked up the association of the monster trolls of folklore.

Trolling mostly maintains its earlier meaning of posting messages specifically in order to elicit a particular response, usually anger or argument.

The noun form, troll, is sometimes used in the more general sense of someone who stirs up controversy, whether or not the controversy itself is their goal.

Frequently this is used to discredit one position in an argument. By asserting that one's opponents are trolls, one is asserting that they are only maintaining their position in order to feed the flames, and that their position is actually indefensible. This use of "troll" is however then an ad hominem argument, and is itself thus usually indefensible - most correct views have historically met with opposition, so the label "troll" used this way is actually more likely to indicate a correct but controversial position that is stirring up flames precisely because it has challenged a doctrine others actually realize is wrong.

That said, it is quite possible to stir up controversy with a wrong argument - but these can more effectively be met by simply responding to the substantive issue.

It is safer to use the term "troll" to apply only to insubstantial irritation:

Common types of troll messages:

off topic messages -- "Can anyone help me make a webpage?" "No, this is a music forum."
inflammatory messages -- "You are an idiot for including this type of message in your list."
messages containing an obvious flaw or error -- "I think Star Wars is Roman Polanski's best movie."
An example of a troll message in the newer sense would be one that denounces a particular religion in a religion newsgroup -- though historically, this would have been called "flamebait".

A variant of the second variety (inflammatory messages) involves posting content obviously severely contradictory to the focus of the group or forum- for example, posting cat meat recipies on a pet lovers forum, posting evolutionary theory on a creationist forum, or posting messages about how all dragons are evil in the USENET group alt.fan.dragons.

There is some generally-accepted wisdom about dealing with Internet trolls: "Don't feed the trolls, that will only encourage them." That is, do not respond to them, that is the attention they desire. Somebody who does respond to them is likely to hear "YHBT. HAND." from other members of the group, which means "You have been trolled. Have a nice day."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:28 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
I SAID SORRY ACCIDENT!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The1

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:28 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
I think that falls under the category of "FUCKING OWNED"

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:41 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
BAZZANNED

Last edited by Penguin; 2003-07-02 at 02:47 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The1

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:41 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."

Last edited by Penguin; 2003-07-02 at 02:47 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The1

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:42 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Oh no I have been banned

Last edited by Penguin; 2003-07-02 at 02:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The1

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:45 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
I got banned and I'm only 11
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The1

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:45 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Stop now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:47 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
He can't post anymore.

Let's stop posting here.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:48 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Agreed. I hope he has fun in banned camp.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:54 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Well hell... he's banned, but I never got to reply... I am left with a sense of emptyness... Oh well, I'll do it here

Original thread: http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showth...490#post273490

The1 said:
Ur a fucking moron bob i said HALO 2 is gunna be good i said mi played Halo 1 fucking get ur facts straight. befour u come shit tallking mofo. owned!!
Holy shit! Learn to understand english. Here's my post:

Medieval Bob said:
Just thought I'd note that I got an offer to test Halo2. I turned it down however =( Wonder why? It was in-house testing. i.e. You have to drive to their biulding every morning at 8 a.m. And... it was the last month or so of school, so I couldn't go. Oh well... I'm out of school now. "They can take our lives... but they can never... take... our... FREEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which was in reply to:

uncapped said:
You also claim that you've played Half-life 2, and Halo 2, when neither are finished products. Well... maybe you could have played HL2, which is almost done, but NOT HALO 2! I have been told that it is only 60% complete.
This means that uncapped said you were playing Halo 2. I never said you were playing Halo 2. I didn't say a DAMN THING about you actually. So,
The1 said:
fucking get ur facts straight. befour u come shit tallking mofo. owned!!
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:07 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Wow, what a treat, I come back and he's banned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:15 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Hope that's not a temporary ban.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:17 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
This guy sounds halarious and would make this forum alot better being banned so good job mods.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
øXXXø is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenøXXXø is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

øXXXø

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:20 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Quick question... what keeps a banned user from making another account? [cough] øXXXø registered today and didn't post until after The1 was banned [/cough]
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:22 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Quick question... what keeps a banned user from making another account? [cough] øXXXø registered today and didn't post until after The1 was banned [/cough]
Why would i be the1 ??? i have no reason to come on here and pretend im someone else man i know alot of people who have done this, but surely i am not the 1

i got refered by ex-mania ask him if im the1 if u do not beleive me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
øXXXø is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenøXXXø is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

øXXXø

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:26 PM in reply to The1's post "Wuzzup all Im The1 and new to the..."
Just check his IP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!