Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Terrorists plan to "Hit us Hard"
Posted 2004-05-25, 10:26 PM
Another Bullshit story from our government, but heres the story.

Terrorists Planning Summer Attack?
By CURT ANDERSON, AP

WASHINGTON (May 25) -- U.S. officials have obtained new intelligence deemed highly credible indicating al-Qaida or other terrorists are in the United States and preparing to launch a major attack this summer, The Associated Press has learned.

The intelligence does not include a time, place or method of attack but is among the most disturbing received by the government since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, according to a senior federal counterterrorism official who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Tuesday.

Of most concern, the official said, is that terrorists may possess and use a chemical, biological or radiological weapon that could cause much more damage and casualties than a conventional bomb.

''There is clearly a steady drumbeat of information that they are going to attack and hit us hard,'' said the official, who described the intelligence as highly credible.

The official declined to provide any specifics about the sources of the information but said there was an unusually high level of corroboration.

Despite that, the official said there was no immediate plan to raise the nation's terrorism threat level from yellow, or elevated, to orange, or high. The threat level has been at yellow - midpoint on the five-color scale - since January.

Los Angeles police held a news conference Tuesday to reassure the public. ''We would be foolhardy to ignore those statements, but I think it would be irresponsible to panic,'' said John Miller, head of the LAPD counterterrorism bureau.

New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said city officials have not been advised that terrorists are plotting an attack there.

''We are receiving highly sensitive intelligence information on a regular basis, including today, and there is nothing in that reporting to indicate a specific threat or looming attack against New York City,'' Kelly said in a statement.

Attorney General John Ashcroft and FBI Director Robert Mueller plan a news conference Wednesday to outline an intensive effort by law enforcement, intelligence and homeland security officials to detect and disrupt any potential plots. And the FBI plans to dispatch a bulletin to some 18,000 state and local law enforcement agencies warning of the threat.

· Terrorism

The FBI also has already created a special task force that is focused solely on dealing with this summer's threat. The task force, whose existence until recently was classified, is intended to ensure that no valuable bits of information or intelligence fall through the cracks - as happened repeatedly before the Sept. 11 attacks.

Other actions to be taken include new FBI interviews with people who may have provided valuable information in the past and a fresh examination of older investigative leads to determine if they might point to elements of the summer plot.

Beginning with Saturday's dedication of the new World War II Memorial in Washington, the summer presents a number of high-profile targets in the United States. They include the G-8 summit in Georgia next month that will attract top officials from some of America's closest allies, the Democratic National Convention in Boston in July and the Republican National Convention in August in New York.

The FBI and Homeland Security Department also are concerned about so-called soft targets such as shopping malls anywhere in the United States that offer a far less protected environment than a political convention hall.

U.S. authorities repeatedly have said al-Qaida is determined to mount an attack on U.S. soil, in part to announce to the world that it remains capable of doing so despite the money and effort that has gone into homeland security in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks.

There also is concern terrorists might try to mount an attack to coincide with the November election. The political fallout from the March 11 train bombings in Spain taught al-Qaida that an attack timed to an election can have a major impact. Spain's former ruling party was ousted in the voting that followed the bombing, which killed 191 and injured more than 2,000.

The official did not say how many suspected al-Qaida or other terrorist operatives are believed in the country, whether they made their way into the United States recently or have been here for some time. The FBI has warned in the past that Islamic extremist groups may attempt to recruit non-Middle Easterners or women for attacks because they would be less likely to arouse suspicion.

Special security attention already is being focused to the nation's rail, subway and bus lines. The FBI last week sent out an intelligence bulletin to law enforcement agencies urging vigilance against suicide bombers, who have been used by terror groups worldwide to devastating effect but not so far in the United States.

Separately, Immigration and Customs Enforcement chief Michael Garcia told reporters Tuesday that some 2,300 of its agents are being deployed to assist in security for the high-profile events scheduled this summer in the United States. These include as many as 20 agents each day working with the Secret Service to protect the campaigns of President Bush and Sen. John Kerry, the Democratic presidential candidate.

Garcia said his agency also is working to ''tighten the investigative system'' to ensure that terrorists do not enter the United States by way of human smuggling operations or through the vast, largely unprotected border with Canada.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-05-25, 10:28 PM in reply to D3V's post "Terrorists plan to "Hit us..."
Yeah, I've been hearing about this shit on the News lately. It's the same story as before, they are just covering their asses for anything now. Its becoming like 'The Boy That Cried Wolf'.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-25, 10:35 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yeah, I've been hearing about this shit..."
Yeah, We've had it go to the maximum alert like, 4 times? It was at the 2nd highest for like 2 months straight, and it's supposively been at the middle since 9/11. Now, why didn't they have a terror alert thing before 9/11 ? Because there is no bullshit planned attacks, and even if there was, they wouldn't have said anything because it could cause chaos, but now its been getting so old nobody cares anymore.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-05-26, 10:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah, We've had it go to the maximum..."
The worst part is, the people of good old Democratic America don't truly know shit. For all we know 9/11 was planned to create a "rally around the flag" esque sort of situation to give Bush oppurtunity to go to War. Really, how often does a President who is at war not get re-elected? The massive policy change from the President switch would fuck our country in the ass, and who wants that.

For all we really know, there is no Democracy in America. No one really knows shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-05-26, 11:04 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "The worst part is, the people of good..."
I'll laugh if our government drops nukes on us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-26, 02:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'll laugh if our government drops..."
Hah, I doubt you would laugh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-05-27, 02:15 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Hah, I doubt you would laugh."
If our government was afraid enough to the point where they thought thier 'democracy' was threatened they probably would destroy us.

I've been thinking about this recent 'terrorist bullshit' and Lets say that there Actually is a threat of an attack. ..

..ok

Whats the point of telling us this? I mean, its not like any of us know some terrorists that live down the street, its not like we can stop this from happening, so basically scaring us of this bullshit is quite senseless, and pointless.whatever,,

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-05-27, 07:51 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "The worst part is, the people of good..."
Penny_Bags said:
The worst part is, the people of good old Democratic America don't truly know shit. For all we know 9/11 was planned to create a "rally around the flag" esque sort of situation to give Bush oppurtunity to go to War. Really, how often does a President who is at war not get re-elected?
What the hell? Why do you think Bush is that war-hungry? Because his dad went to Kuwait? He's not that same person. That is total bullshit, our government did not set up 9/11 so we would support Bush into going to war. Besides, if that is what happened, they failed miserably. All those fukcing hypocrites out there that supported us going to war, then when we actually went to war, they cried "OMG! BUSH IS WAR-HUNGRY!!! WE MUST STOP TEH MAN!! OMG."

Screw that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-05-27, 08:42 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "What the hell? Why do you think Bush..."
Jizmo said:
What the hell? Why do you think Bush is that war-hungry? Because his dad went to Kuwait? He's not that same person. That is total bullshit, our government did not set up 9/11 so we would support Bush into going to war. Besides, if that is what happened, they failed miserably. All those fukcing hypocrites out there that supported us going to war, then when we actually went to war, they cried "OMG! BUSH IS WAR-HUNGRY!!! WE MUST STOP TEH MAN!! OMG."

Screw that.
I don't believe that 9/11 was set up by America, but Bush I do think Bush is war-hungry. I mean, first there was Afghanistan. We hadn't even completely finished there, but then we went to Iraq. And while we were still in Iraq, talk started about North Korea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-05-27, 10:01 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't believe that 9/11 was set up by..."
What I don't understand why we left Afghanistan and went to Iraq. I mean, is it that hard for us to admit defeat? We can't find one mother fucking dune coon so we decide to try something new....

But Wasn't the reason for us going to war in Iraq because we were threatened by the Weapons Of Mass Destruction? ... Too bad we went there, searched the whole country and haven't found shit. America, you look like shizit right now.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-05-27, 02:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "What I don't understand why we left..."
D3V said:
What I don't understand why we left Afghanistan and went to Iraq. I mean, is it that hard for us to admit defeat? We can't find one mother fucking dune coon so we decide to try something new....

But Wasn't the reason for us going to war in Iraq because we were threatened by the Weapons Of Mass Destruction? ... Too bad we went there, searched the whole country and haven't found shit. America, you look like shizit right now.
Personally, I'd prefer looking like a 'shizit' while knowing that iraq doesnt have any dangerous weapons over the alternative.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-28, 08:27 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Personally, I'd prefer looking like a..."
I heard on the news the other day that we actually found 1 (one) weapon of mass destruction. Anybody else hear the same thing?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-05-28, 01:07 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I heard on the news the other day that..."
Jizmo said:
I heard on the news the other day that we actually found 1 (one) weapon of mass destruction. Anybody else hear the same thing?

I went and took a quick gander at www.cnn.com. I didnt find anything but i only looked very quickly. What kind of weapon was it? (biological, or nuclear?)

edit-
http://www.americandaily.com/item/5801

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-05-28 at 01:11 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-28, 01:11 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I went and took a quick gander at..."
Yeah I heard something about that a long time ago. But I think it was something from the first war when daddy bush was in office. I think it turned out to be nothing, it was just the casing for an explosive, too bad we haven't found SHIT.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-05-28, 04:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "What I don't understand why we left..."
D3V said:

That "dune coon" killed thousands of Americans.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-28, 05:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That "dune coon" killed thousands of..."
D3V is very confused when it comes down to facts and what he thinks are facts.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-05-28, 09:09 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "D3V is very confused when it comes down..."
You know what...if America is attacked, it was our fate. If not, it was our fate. Shut the fuck up about this, do what you can to prevent it, and let what is meant to happen happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-05-28, 11:08 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "D3V is very confused when it comes down..."
zagggon said:
D3V is very confused when it comes down to facts and what he thinks are facts.

Prove my wrong , ... ? Ok then.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-05-31, 11:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Prove my wrong , ... ? Ok then."
Bah...terrorists...
This threat is just such a joke. Like these guys could take over a plane any time in the near future. People would be beating the crap outta them with their bare hands....just my 2 cents

-frick

A friendly community and exciting role playing
experience awaits you at Quest Of Ages!
Click my sig to enter...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frickaline is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrickaline is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frickaline

Posted 2004-05-31, 09:40 PM in reply to frickaline's post starting "Bah...terrorists... This threat is..."
Zagggon, I... Goddman your so fuckign stupid it hurts my brain, ...I can feel the negativity pulsating throughout my brain and its causing me to want to hurt people

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V