Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2007-08-27, 02:48 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I believe there is something that has..."
Ya, rather than make up some fanciful theory about how god might possibly exist, I'd rather just say some dipshit talked about it to make a few free bucks from some poor suckers. As for believing the big bang. I do believe it because there is evidence that everything in the universe is moving away from each other...which means it's all moving away from the center of the explosion.
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-08-27, 02:49 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Ya, rather than make up some fanciful..."
C'mon guys, you can give us more than that. I want more than a couple of sentences.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-27, 02:53 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "C'mon guys, you can give us more than..."
Well I don't feel like writing any essays right now...
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-08-27, 03:48 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "C'mon guys, you can give us more than..."
I believe in the philosophy of rational, objective inquiry. Plain and simple. I know you want something longer KA, but I just don't have the time today. Perhaps I will expand over the weekend. Or maybe sooner if possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-27, 03:49 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I believe in the philosophy of..."
That's fine, I'm sure I won't be disappointed so it's worth the wait.

I just want to add, feel free to address any of the other topics I mentioned, or anything else. I don't want this thread to be all about the big bang and God.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-27, 04:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's fine, I'm sure I won't be..."
Honestly, we don't have near the evidence either way for me to believe in either wholly, I've always maintained an open mind to these kinds of things.

The most believable story at the moment is the theory that there is (was) a White Hole at the center of the universe that spewed forth matter collected from another universe (a Big Bang alternative theory).

Since Evolution is pretty much a given, many accounts in the Bible would be wrong (or misinterpreted at best), the whole Adam and Eve thing would be off, however it could have been a metaphor for the world at large how God created the world and Satan had sent it on its course of evolution.

There's honestly so many ways that this could be looked at, believing in one blindly seems rather foolish to me without any real evidence one way or the other. I maintain an open mind to all things until evidence surfaces. You could say I'm Theological Switzerland.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-27, 04:41 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Honestly, we don't have near the..."
Just wanting to collect my thoughts on other threads I'd like to start based on what's been said here so far:

- Big Bang and General Relativity
- Deism -- I plan on writing another one of my religion threads attempting to debunk this idea
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-27, 07:52 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Just wanting to collect my thoughts on..."
I would be interested to add to or comment on the Big Bang and General Relativity stuff.

By the way, I've been reading A Brief History of Time, a dude from work let me borrow it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!