Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Zelaron remove the 10 letter rule
yes 9 60.00%
no 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Petition: Remove the 10 letter rule

Posted 2004-04-14, 06:58 PM
Anyone else with me. There are answers that aren't spam under 10 letters, so I don't see why this rule is here. It's quite annoying, if you ask me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-04-14, 06:59 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Petition: Remove the 10 letter rule"
10 Characters, not letters.

What were you trying to post, anyway?

I only get that problem when I just want to post "Welcome."

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.

Last edited by Senesia; 2004-04-14 at 07:01 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2004-04-14, 07:02 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "10 Characters, not letters. What..."
Whatever, you get the point. Im for it. Ill just beat down on fuckres i see posting "LoL" and stuff like that. All this 10 Character crap is doing, is making people type a few more random letters. And that, to me, makes the post that much more annoying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-14, 07:03 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Whatever, you get the point. Im for..."
Most people do this:
No.

10 characters limit.

So basically this is somewhat pointless.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2004-04-14, 07:23 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Most people do this: No. 10..."
agreed.

damn ten characters limit

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-04-14, 08:16 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Petition: Remove the 10 letter rule"
No, its not a big deal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-14, 08:19 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "No, its not a big deal."
If it's not that big of a deal, then just disable it. That way it will be something insignificant that will make more people happy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-14, 08:23 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "If it's not that big of a deal, then..."
No, and for the exact same types of reasons the "Quick Reply" feature is being used. It does prevent spam, even in the slightest.

For example, whenever Vollstrecker posts his "This is in compliance of the 10 character limit" blurb in small font under his posts that do not meet the 10 character limit, I find that very funny. Just for that alone, I think its a good idea. People tend to get creative with little pet peves like this, and it can be funny.

Again, its not that big of a deal, and being as you agree, deal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-14, 08:24 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "No, and for the exact same types of..."
It doesn't bother me that much..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-04-14, 08:28 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "No, and for the exact same types of..."
Titusfied said:
No, and for the exact same types of reasons the "Quick Reply" feature is being used. It does prevent spam, even in the slightest.

For example, whenever Vollstrecker posts his "This is in compliance of the 10 character limit" blurb in small font under his posts that do not meet the 10 character limit, I find that very funny. Just for that alone, I think its a good idea. People tend to get creative with little pet peves like this, and it can be funny.

Again, its not that big of a deal, and being as you agree, deal.
Get the fuck out of my house. The ten character shit really pisses me off, and I'm going to fight back against it.

TEN PICTURES FOR EVERY TIME IT TELLS ME I NEED 10 CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-04-14, 08:35 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "No, and for the exact same types of..."
Where did I say I dont think its a big deal? I happen to think it is a very annoying thing. Notice I am for having thar removed. I stated if its not a big deal to you, to get rid of it. Thats more or less what i meant.

So your keeping it around because it prevents spam like "No" from being posted. But you have to remember. The "THis post is in compliance with the 10 character limit" line is spam as well. You are just ADDING to the spam.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-14, 09:07 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Petition: Remove the 10 letter rule"
mjordan2nd said:
Anyone else with me. There are answers that aren't spam under 10 letters, so I don't see why this rule is here. It's quite annoying, if you ask me.
Yea, you see so many "This post is in agreement with the ten character limit." tags all over the place you might as well get rid of it.
Zelaron - [ Translate this page ]
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
www.yotor.com/wiki/fr/ze/Zelaron.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2004-04-14, 09:10 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Petition: Remove the 10 letter rule"
No.

This post is in compliance with the ten (10) character minimum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-14, 09:12 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "No. This post is in compliance with..."
ok

asdfasdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-14, 09:52 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "ok asdfasdfasdf"
Vote all you want, but it will hold as much bearing as a De-Sup Mod Sovereign thread would...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-04-14, 10:10 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Vote all you want, but it will hold as..."
It is pretty annoying seeing the "this in compliance blah blah" thing all over. It's getting unfunny at the speed of light^3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-04-14, 10:48 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It is pretty annoying seeing the "this..."
I usually don't need to use it, as I tend to be verbose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-15, 01:02 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Vote all you want, but it will hold as..."
Just because good old Mr. TItus doesnt agree, doesnt mean the other staff members wont. And why the hell wouldn't you change it if a majority of zelaroners want it changed. YOud be keeping it for solely yourself and a select group of people. Thats a little selfish.... Learn that please. The world doesnt revolve around titus and he wants. If this thread gets enough votes, ill bring it to staff descusion, and the zelaron staff will decide if this retarded 10 character rule will be reinforced, or elimated from zelarons code.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-15, 01:08 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Just because good old Mr. TItus doesnt..."
It's honestly not that big a deal, guys. It is annoying, but it prevents spam,and it's been doing it pretty well thus far. Frankly, I consider the 10 character limit less annoying than one-word posts, and therefore, it should stay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-04-15, 01:46 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Petition: Remove the 10 letter rule"
No I don't think it should be removed.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67