Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Should there be action taken against the Biology professor?
Yes. 0 0%
No 9 81.82%
Undecided. 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Question Dad's son suicide linked to Dawkins
Posted 2008-11-30, 01:25 AM
Dad links son's suicide to 'The God Delusion'
Says atheism-promoting book hidden under mattress, last page bookmarked

Quote:
A New York man is linking the suicide of his 22-year-old son, a military veteran who had bright prospects in college, to the anti-Christian book "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins after a college professor challenged the son to read it.

"Three people told us he had taken a biology class and was doing well in it, but other students and the professor were really challenging my son, his faith. They didn't like him as a Republican, as a Christian, and as a conservative who believed in intelligent design," the grief-stricken father, Keith Kilgore, told WND about his son, Jesse.

"This professor either assigned him to read or challenged him to read a book, 'The God Delusion,' by Richard Dawkins," he said.

Jesse Kilgore committed suicide in October by walking into the woods near his New York home and shooting himself. Keith Kilgore said he was shocked because he believed his son was grounded in Christianity, had blogged against abortion and for family values, and boasted he'd been debating for years.

Discover how atheism and immorality are being cleverly sold to Americans in David Kupelian's controversial best seller, "The Marketing of Evil."

After Jesse's death, Keith Kilgore learned of the book assignment from two of his son's friends and a relative. He searched Jesse's room and found the book under the mattress with his son's bookmark on the last page.

A WND message seeking a comment from Dawkins or his publisher was not returned today.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=81459

After googling around for some possible deals on The God Delusion I stumbled across this news article, that claims some kid kills himself after reading this book, which was a direct contradiction of his faith.

The problem is, the father has great issue with this and suggests possible reprimands and a possible wrongful death lawsuit.

My question is, do you think anything should happen to the professor? If so, explain why.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-30, 02:29 AM in reply to D3V's post "Dad's son suicide linked to Dawkins"
I see no logical reason why anyone should be charged with anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-30, 07:20 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I see no logical reason why anyone..."
Just goes to show you how fucked up christianity is.. If you can go so far as to believe there is no other way then you're clearly to far gone to help anyway. The book opened up a clouded childs head to the truth. Ah well, one less christian to feed their bullshit in my ear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-11-30, 07:57 AM in reply to D3V's post "Dad's son suicide linked to Dawkins"
I think it would be illegal to charge the professor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-11-30, 02:40 PM in reply to D3V's post "Dad's son suicide linked to Dawkins"
No charges because the mere challenge to read the book is nothing more than that. No one forced the kid to start reading it, to continue reading it,etc, it was his own free will.

Further more, prove that the suicide was 100% purely based on reading the book. There is the chance the kid had other issues, which aren't even beig touched or brought up in this case.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2008-11-30, 04:04 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I see no logical reason why anyone..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I see no logical reason why anyone should be charged with anything.

You took the writing right out of my hands. I couldn't have conveyed it any better.

Charging the professor on a challenge he gave the kid is not allowed in-and-of-itself. Whenever my teachers gave me some crap I didn't want to do, guess what? I didn't do it. It's as easy as that.

At least the kid was smart enough to allow his mind to be opened up to other things unlike this shit head, http://objectiveministries.org/zounds/gaming.html (This kid is really gay. I can prove it. If you go around in a video game looking for guys to kiss, you have to be gay.)

Well, those are my to cents. Sorry if I went off-topic a-bit.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-12-01, 08:11 AM in reply to D3V's post "Dad's son suicide linked to Dawkins"
No one should get charged. His father is just looking for something/someone to put the blame into, which is understandable when you see your own offspring die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-01, 08:12 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "No one should get charged. His father..."
I suppose so, I guess I figured different view points would be in here.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V