Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

"Not ready for a black President"
Posted 2008-11-05, 12:58 PM
mjordan2nd said: [Goto]
I honestly think that having Obama run as a democrat is the worst thing democrats can do. Not cause I think he is a bad candidate, in fact he is the best candidate seriously in the race right now in my opinion, however I don't think America is ready for a black president. Yes, Obama will have virtually the entire black vote and he will get the vote of the hardcore liberals as well, but the fact that he is black is going to scare off many of the more moderate democrats, will definitely pull anyone in the middle towards the republican side, and will make sure that those who generally vote republican but can be swayed in some circumstances also vote republican. The black vote alone is not going to make up for the lost votes. All the democrats need to do is send a white, heterosexual, male, protestant candidate and they should win.
Vollstrecker said: [Goto]
I'm in full agreeance with your reasoning regarding Obama, although I don't know John Edwards at all. I think we'll see a woman President before a Black President for sure, there simply isn't enough active voters among the younger populace to outweigh the votes of oldtimers who still haven't moved past the last few decades mentally.
-----------------
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Do you think their will ever be black president?

Well, being that the black population in the U.S. is growing, im thinking that sooner or later, their will be a black president, but only because all of the black people will vote for him. I highly doubt a black guy could win at this election, or the next.
Sovereign said: [Goto]
Sooner or later yes. But I honestly don't think it will be in our lifetime. Humanity has yet to put its prejudice aside enough.
Titusfied said: [Goto]
Eventually, and I do believe it will happen in our lifetimes.
----------------

4-5 years ago, I felt as if the consensus on this forum was America is not ready for a black President.

Were we naive? Did we overestimate racism?

Do you think that we were wrong, or that the mindset of America has changed?

Also some lulz because fried tits was right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-11-05, 01:00 PM in reply to Grav's post ""Not ready for a black..."
If it wasn't for racism, I personally believe Obama would have gotten 60-70% of the vote. It's still there and has an effect, but this isn't the 1920's and it isn't THE ruling factor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-11-05, 01:07 PM in reply to Grav's post ""Not ready for a black..."
I say "we" but I thought a black guy could win. Anyway, carry on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-11-05, 02:52 PM in reply to Grav's post ""Not ready for a black..."
I certainly don't think the mindset of America has changed. I think it has changed where it matters most, but I don't think it has changed everywhere.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-05, 02:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I certainly don't think the mindset of..."
I think America has come more to the realization of a Black president, and it's obvious because we fucking have an elected Senator from Illinois who is half-black in line to be our next president. Not only did he win the EC but as well in popular vote.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-05, 03:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I think America has come more to the..."
That doesn't change the fact that a large portion of our country is still racist. Hopefully having a Black president will help even more, but it's hard to say.

Just go look at the national exit polls. I was looking at them last night. Up last night, I thought the people who said "If you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist" were dumbfucks, but it's pretty obvious based on the exit polls that race had a lot to do with how people voted.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't agree with the statement that you're a racist if you don't vote for Obama. I'm sure a lot of people who voted for McCain did so for valid reasons. I'm also sure a lot of people who voted for McCain did so because Obama is black.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-05, 03:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That doesn't change the fact that a..."
i'm sure a majority of his votes came from black people who never voted before... but i still say go obama, i think he'll do pretty good and bring alot of change.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-11-05, 03:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That doesn't change the fact that a..."
Basically, it's fucked up from almost all aspects and everyone is at fault: I agree.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-05, 03:57 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "i'm sure a majority of his votes came..."
PureRebel said: [Goto]
i'm sure a majority of his votes came from black people who never voted before... but i still say go obama, i think he'll do pretty good and bring alot of change.
I really doubt a MAJORITY of his votes came from Black people. National exit polls are showing only 13% of voters yesterday as Black.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-05, 04:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I really doubt a MAJORITY of his votes..."
..basically, some number of about 75% of Barack's votes are from WHITE people. Probably has like 3-4% hispanic? It's WHITE people that actually put Obama into the white house, Blacks did help this year but it's not as if they did it all on their own.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-11-05, 04:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "..basically, some number of about 75%..."
Still, more white people voted for McCain than Obama, according to exit polls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-05, 04:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Still, more white people voted for..."
I would figure as much.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-11-06, 09:17 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That doesn't change the fact that a..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Just go look at the national exit polls. I was looking at them last night. Up last night, I thought the people who said "If you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist" were dumbfucks, but it's pretty obvious based on the exit polls that race had a lot to do with how people voted.

Is it racist of me to think that that comment was made by someone who is black?

Anyway, I know for a fact that one of my co-workers didn't vote for him because of his "bloodline", and his name. Oh Cheryl...so nice, yet so stupid...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer