Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Paranormal and Conspiracy Thread
Posted 2008-04-08, 02:45 PM
What's everyone's views and opinions on paranormal occurances and possible conspiracies related to these? Things like UFOs, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, etcetera. I'd like to see what others think before I post, ya know so people just don't think i'm gullible and believe anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-08, 03:46 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post "Paranormal and Conspiracy Thread"
Coffeedagger said:
What's everyone's views and opinions on paranormal occurances and possible conspiracies related to these? Things like UFOs, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, etcetera. I'd like to see what others think before I post, ya know so people just don't think i'm gullible and believe anything.
I don't believe in too many conspiracy theories, really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-08, 03:55 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't believe in too many conspiracy..."
nothing? not even area 51 and things similar like the US government covering up UFOs and other things that could hurt their cover up?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-08, 03:55 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "nothing? not even area 51 and things..."
Not really. No UFOs, no Loch Ness, no God etc.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2008-04-08 at 03:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-09, 08:54 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Not really. No UFOs, no Loch Ness, no..."
They cover things up and it usually makes things look worse than if they were just truthful about it. Like 9/11

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-09, 09:36 AM in reply to Coffeedagger's post "Paranormal and Conspiracy Thread"
I have a strong suspicion that most of what is shown in Stargate SG-1 has basis in reality, which in turn explains most unexplained phenomena.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-04-09, 10:54 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I have a strong suspicion that most of..."
WetWired said:
I have a strong suspicion that most of what is shown in Stargate SG-1 has basis in reality, which in turn explains most unexplained phenomena.
BORKED

Personally, I generally do not subscribe to conspiracy theories. They, however, have uses in art, game development and philosophy, in pursuit of discord. I have not yet investigated their viability in terms of being tools for meliorating the effects of endeavours in mind control.

As Dr. Douglas, co-author of "The hidden impact of conspiracy theories: Perceived and actual influence of theories surrounding the death of Princess Diana" in Journal of Social Psychology mentioned:

"Our research provides a first psychological examination of the impact of conspiracy theories. It also provides a potential explanation for an interesting paradox. Why do conspiracy theories endure when there is no factual support for them, and even when they fly in the face of established facts? Our findings suggest that conspiracy theories may actually have a 'hidden impact', meaning that they powerfully influence people's attitudes whilst people do not know it; outwardly they may deny the extent to which they have been influenced but in truth they tend to endorse the new information and pass it on to others."
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-04-09 at 11:07 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-04-09, 08:43 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post "Paranormal and Conspiracy Thread"
We don't have a government. It is all just a cover up for a single family to run the country. I think that they just tell the prez what to do and he needs to listen. I don't think that anything that our government does is justifiable. They have sold illegal drugs just to finance their plans before.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-10, 10:54 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "We don't have a government. It is all..."
I do put some faith in the conspiracy theories. But I don't whole heartedly agree with everything that is said. Such as aliens for example. I find it quite difficult to believe that in the great expanse of just our galaxy, we are the only intelligent life form capable of space travel. As for bigfoot and 'nessie', I like to call those child's dreams, because it's something that you would like to come across as a child. Not saying they don't exist, but as you get older, you kind of realise that coming across a bigfoot or the loch ness monster is like finding fossils, gold, and an oil well all in your backyard. Not gonna happen to everyone, but maybe it will to someone someday. Maybe that doesn't make any sense, but that's how I view it, in a nutshell...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-04-10, 11:26 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I do put some faith in the conspiracy..."
Yea, but do you really think that aliens have visited earth?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-11, 12:58 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I do put some faith in the conspiracy..."
This is a somewhat long post which mostly contains my views and theories. Some are quite interesting actually, but if you don't feel like reading the whole thing, at least scroll to the bottom and read my theories and the very last sentence... it's bolded.

I watched some cool ass show on the Discovery Channel last week on UFOs/Paranormal and spiritual activity. What I thought was interesting was that the Psychologists/Doctors thought that what you saw depended on your culture and what you believe in.

For example, If someone was a Christian, the brain would perceive the "being" as a demon or something of the sort. An atheist's brain, on the contrary would perceive the "being" as an alien.

They were discussing that your brain has to interpret reality and decipher what was there and needs to create something for you to understand.

I had one problematic question which was, What if a Christian believed in UFOs? Or vise-versa if an atheist thought that he saw a demon. - But that would contradict his beliefs, because God is supernatural, and if he doesn't believe in a "supernatural" realm then a demon would be impossible.

Maybe it just boils down to the fact that we always second guess ourselves on the question of life? There's always the "what if" factor. What if God does exist? What if God Doesn't exist?

What if we're just a matrix... if humanity can create the advanced technology it has today... Imagine what they will have come out with in 100-300 years?

We could be just a fuckin' experiment, almost like an ant farm to some scientist or even perhaps God!

But then there's the question: Where did everything come from? How was the universe created? You can't create something from nothing. Ok, say God made everything. Well shit, who made God?

A couple of my crazy theories..

Theory #1

Maybe it comes down to Left Brain people Vs. Right Brained people?

Left having to have a logical reason for the way everything happens. Magic, ghosts, things opening and closing by themselves is absolutely impossible. It goes against the laws of physics.. for ghosts to go through walls or Jesus to turn water in to wine. (To me that would be categorized as "magic")

Right on the other hand, since they are more open-minded and more imaginative, they believe that anything is possible. Being more prone to believing in a religon of some sort.

Theory #2:

I think some people are Religious simply because they're scared. It's almost like insurance.... "Just in case" There's a God (For Christianity), I'll be a Christian so I don't have to go to hell.

Theory #3:

We are an experiment by either a scientist or God. They place dinosaur bones in the dirt. They create the "Bible" and see which people become atheists or Religious. The trick is, the Bible is simply a lie. They just wanted to see what majority of the people would believe a lie. They leave the Bible with tons of unanswered questions, and fuck with us by this "Paranormal/Spiritual" bullshit.

"Faith" would be the lie. So its controversial for me since the Bible talks about running a good life, not sinning and believing that God's son Jesus died on the cross, gave his life for all of us so that we could be saved. While doing all of this, including donating to the church, getting baptized, even being killed for your beliefs! Little did you know that it was all just a complete lie.

What fucks with me about that scenario is that if you are a Christian, you're not supposed to sin. Lieing is a sin. So putting your heart and soul and everything you have to fight against sin, you are actually working for it!

It's just so twisted and FUCKED up.

Theory #4

Shit, how complex our body is and the way the world recycles itself perfectly. I don't see how people could of just came from "Primordial Soup." Take just the eye for instance, its so complex, or even the brain! To have a mind... I don't see how a bunch of rocks blowing up could create such perfect beings. And what really gets me is, stars/rocks in space aren't living, so how would something living come from something that wasn't living?
---------------------------------------------------

Blah, I'm done rambling... I hope I messed with your mind a bit!

(By the way, this is coming from a Christian.)

Last edited by -Spector-; 2008-04-11 at 01:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-04-11, 01:16 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "This is a somewhat long post which..."
Quite interesting theories your pose, Spector. Definitely thought provoking. It's hard to say what is right and what isn't. It really is subjective. There is no evidence for God, imo, but I choose to believe one exists. Not for "insurance" purposes, but because I just think that one more than likely created the world just to keep busy and then got bored and created more. Obviously my beliefs are fallacious, but niggard that point I believe in them.

Definitely a good post, m' man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-04-11, 02:30 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Quite interesting theories your pose,..."
The KGB sends gnomes into our homes under the cover of night to steal our banking information, lace our coffee grounds with mind control drugs, and urinate on our toothbrushes.

It's true. I caught one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-11, 03:15 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "This is a somewhat long post which..."
#3 is my favourite of the four - I can't help but think of White Mice Overlords carrying out the experiments.

As a non-Christian who doesn't believe in any form of a "God", #2 is how I view religion. There has to be something else life is worthless. Something afterwards to make it worth living. I think I'll call it "God".

You might be interested to know the #4 is an accepted theory to explain that the must be a God. I think it's more commonly known as the "Watchmaker Analogy/Argument" - by way of an analogy (which I'll get to in a moment), the theory argues that design implies a creator. The analogy is that a man is walking through a desert, and he sees a watch lying in the sand. The man looked at the watch, opened it up, so the intricate mechanisms that made it work, and thought that it MUST have a creator, for it couldn't create itself. It translates to organs in that with them being so intricate (such as, you said, the eye or the brain), they MUST have a designer - they can't have eveolved by themselves.

The theory was first put forward by William Paley in 1802, and was only challenged by Darwin's formulation of the theory of natural selection.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-11, 03:21 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "This is a somewhat long post which..."
-Spector- said:
It goes against the laws of physics.. for ghosts to go through walls
Not entirely true. See quantum tunneling.

Quote:
Theory #2:

I think some people are Religious simply because they're scared. It's almost like insurance.... "Just in case" There's a God (For Christianity), I'll be a Christian so I don't have to go to hell.
Sounds like Pascal's wager to me.

Quote:
Theory #4

Shit, how complex our body is and the way the world recycles itself perfectly. I don't see how people could of just came from "Primordial Soup." Take just the eye for instance, its so complex, or even the brain! To have a mind... I don't see how a bunch of rocks blowing up could create such perfect beings.
Evolution?

Quote:
And what really gets me is, stars/rocks in space aren't living, so how would something living come from something that wasn't living?
There are rocks in space covered in organic matter, however. For instance, there was an asteroid which had many different amino acids on it. We know that these weren't terrestrial since they weren't the stereoisomers you find on earth. And seeing how life comes from non-life isn't that difficult to at least speculate about. For instance, RNA serves as an excellent candidate for proto-life. It carries genetic material, and is capable of catalysis.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-11, 04:13 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "The KGB sends gnomes into our homes..."
Vault Dweller said:
The KGB sends gnomes into our homes under the cover of night to steal our banking information, lace our coffee grounds with mind control drugs, and urinate on our toothbrushes.

It's true. I caught one.
I don't even want to know how you managed this.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-11, 11:14 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I don't even want to know how you..."
Sleep deprivation and alcohol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-11, 01:43 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Sleep deprivation and alcohol."
Or some sort of hallucinogenic drug...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-04-11, 09:56 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Or some sort of hallucinogenic drug......"
Not this time...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-12, 04:08 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Not this time..."
Well anyway what do you guys think of Bigfoot. There are many reported sightings, footprints taken in plaster, and the Patterson footage
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coffeedagger