Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Owned WaReZ File/Movie/MP3
Yes 21 80.77%
No 2 7.69%
No Comment 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Post Actually owning WaReZ?
Posted 2003-05-12, 08:16 AM
This is just a simple question -- no advertisments, no sales, no sites. Im just wondering -- out of all you -- who actually OWNS a single WaReZ file or has ever downloaded one.

I mean, who wants to pay 2,000 dollers for PS? I dont know one child here that could front that kind of money for ps... now I ask: who has (had) a warez file/movie/MP3 on your computer.

kthanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-05-12, 08:20 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
i vote yes because there's is no one that you don't own warez
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-05-12, 08:20 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
Do I ever!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-05-12, 08:40 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
We all got warez.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-05-12, 09:06 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
ya no one can say they have none
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-05-12, 09:35 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
0-sec access for games & movies & albums is hard to resist. My vote is yes.
But if I have the money and I think the game is worth it, I will go buy it. Then again, I never have the money.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-05-12, 09:38 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
If the companies lower the price, they earn lot of cash anyway. Then existance of warez would be minium.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-05-12, 10:50 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
You can argue differently -- the more warez the higher the price has to be ._>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-05-12, 10:54 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
Why do admins (I know all you have it) get worried about warez posts here and there?

Id understand 100% if the host was like 1 POST ABOUT WAREZ I WILL shut you down, but the host is not, and infact im sure he uses warez himself.

*just a side note--zelaron was warez for about 6 mos . We got threatned like 30 times -- but hey!*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tacoX

Posted 2003-05-12, 11:03 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
Everyone probablly owns some form of warez. However, I don't think lowering the prices will ever get rid of warez. Now, I life in a rich city and I can probablly buy or get my parents to buy any computer program that I really wanted. The thing is, I still download warez. Most the warez I download are games that I want to play a few times but don't actually want to buy it. I do buy games that I really want to play though. Actually, I lost my train of thought and forgot what I was getting at here.

Hmm... but yea, in the end warez ARE illegal and no matter how many people do it its never the 'right' thing to do. So, its irrelivent if you do it or not. The bottom line is that its illegal.

Quote:
I mean, who wants to pay 2,000 dollers for PS?
Businesses want to pay that. Photoshop was NOT developed for some teenagers to sit at their house and make little pictures for their dumb little website. Photoshop was designed for professional computer graphic designers to purchase. And yes, they do purchase it, I know many businesses have it... hell, my school even has it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hellmonkeys

Posted 2003-05-12, 03:23 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
Hellmonkeys said:
Most the warez I download are games that I want to play a few times but don't actually want to buy it. I do buy games that I really want to play though.
There are games which has little replay value, and people wouldn't really want to pay $40-60 for such games.

I have numerous MP3s and games on the PC, by the way.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-12, 04:04 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
I have 'em. I love 'em. Even if i get arrested for having 'em, I'd still go back to 'em.

'em is fun to use
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-05-12, 07:16 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
n00b question.....whats a warez? lol like a program that u dont pay for? er what?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2003-05-12, 08:05 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
Yes, basically its a hacked/cracked/whatever program that is avaiable for you to download for free.

So yes, like any program you get illegally for free is warez.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hellmonkeys

Posted 2003-05-12, 08:08 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
Unless it is freeware or shareware...

Now, who's the person with no warez at all?

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-12, 08:09 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
Well, even if the products were 99% off, I would still get the warez. The nearest CompUSA is like 20 miles away, so the gas money wasted wouldnt be worth it.

Yes, most of us do own warez, and theyre not allowed for some reason on the forum...probably the same reason the d2jsp forum doesnt allow hacked item selling, even though theyre completely ruining the economy with their bots...

Contradictions galore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-05-12, 08:28 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
i've never owned a single warez file in my life

umm...wait...damn it listening to an mp3 right now off of a windows that was burned for me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-05-12, 09:07 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
i have a real question for you. wuts the point of PAYING for warez? isnt warez supposed to be Free? i think if you sell warez your retarded and thats the people who companies should be worried about. also with warrez it takes the same amount of time to download that it does to actually get the money that the real thing costs (with 56k try dling a like 800 mb file... like 3 weeks later ull be playing and find it needs a cd-key so u have to go buy the game anyway lol)
one of these days im gona get up and scream "stop being stupid!" then everything would be alirght. For seriously.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Anime-Otaku is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAnime-Otaku is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Anime-Otaku

Posted 2003-05-12, 09:20 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
I voted yes, the only no is from someone that probably didn't know what warez was...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-05-12, 11:12 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Actually owning WaReZ?"
well if u ever dled a mp3 uve owned warez...
one of these days im gona get up and scream "stop being stupid!" then everything would be alirght. For seriously.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Anime-Otaku is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAnime-Otaku is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Anime-Otaku