Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

08 Caucus
Posted 2008-01-02, 12:13 PM
'08 Iowa Caucus.... who's going to win?

Well, the time that gives us another 10 months or so before the actual Election is finally here.. Both sides are still very, very close, and I Know this topic has been beaten into the ground, but this could really be very important in the next 4 years or so, so being involved is a great thing IMO.

On the Dem side Kucnizch (sp) has announced that if he doesn't not have 'significant' support, he will then 'merge' with Obama and put his support towards him, in doing so I definately see Obama winning the Caucus, and carrying enough motivation through the primaries and genuinely up to the general election.

As for the Republicans I do see Huckabee winning Iowa, but NOT the primaries, I think Mitt Romney is a much safer pick, as more light-hearted Republicans will get out and vote in his favor.

Just my opinion, what do you guys think?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Afroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAfroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Afroman

Posted 2008-01-02, 06:18 PM in reply to Afroman's post "08 Caucus"
Huckabee or Romney will win the primaries on the republican side, Hillary, Obama, or Edwards will win the primaries on the democrat side. Here are all of the combinations I can see possible in the '08 election.

Hillary Vs Romney = Hillary Wins
Obama Vs Romney = Obama Wins
Edwards Vs Romney = Edwards Wins

Hillary Vs Huckabee = Huckabee Wins
Obama Vs Huckabee = Huckabee Wins
Edwards Vs Huckabee = Edwards Wins

I think if the democrats want someone who will win, Edwards is the best pick, as Hillary is a woman and Obama is black and both will be hurt by that. If the republicans want to win, Giulianni is probably their best shot, as I think he would beat any of the three democrats I've listed, but I think it's unlikely he'll be facing any of them. If not Giulianni, Huckabee is their next best pick as far as who will win.

Now, as far as who I WANT to win, Obama. If not Obama, Hillary. If not Hillary, Edwards.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-02, 07:39 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Huckabee or Romney will win the..."
I used to like Edwards until someone sent me a bunch of facts on how he's just a slime bag lawyer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2008-01-02, 07:58 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "I used to like Edwards until someone..."
I don't like him either, but at this point I'll take just about anything over a republican.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-03, 07:37 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't like him either, but at this..."
I just registered to vote yesterday.

Obama in '08!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-03, 08:17 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I just registered to vote yesterday. ..."
I agree with you for the most part K_A. I just can't see Huckabee over Obama though, or even Romney over Obama, it'd have to be a much larger leap over the other side of the street like McCain or Giuliani, but nonetheless the time is finally here and I suppose we can see who will win Iowa and possibly take the other remaining Primary states.

And on another note, for Edwards. He seems like a decent guy, yes he may be a lawyer and generally they are slimeballs, but it's more-so the Republicans are very afraid of Edwards because if he was pitted up against them he would easily dominate the crowd and election IMO because he's a very likeable guy. I mean honetsly, they're spouting off about his hair etc etc etc is the main argument I ever hear from him, I mean, atleast he still has hair... fuck fred thompson

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-03, 11:30 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I agree with you for the most part K_A...."

Oh, and here's who i'm voting for..

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-03, 12:47 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/..."
If Hillary gets the ticket we might be fucked into another Republican president again, imo. Obama is a VERY likeable guy, moreso than Huckabee even if you ask me. Sure, he may have grown up around Muslims but who gives a shit? We need some legitimacy with the muslim world as it is. I have plenty of muslim friends at college and they kick ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-01-03, 01:00 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "If Hillary gets the ticket we might be..."
Seriously, the Hilary supporters are still bought that Obama doesn't have enough Experience, which really doesn't register with me. He had a brilliant quote a while back saying that "Look, between Bush,Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld they have had some of the most experience in U.S. history, and look where they've taken the country"..

-Fucking brilliant is Obama, he's always got an answer for something, and this country really could benefit from him getting the nomination. But back to the experience thing, besides Hilary being in the Senate for a little tad bit, she doesn't have much more experience than Obama, if you consider her being in the office with Bill then you should also justify that being enough experience as fucking Laura Bush to run for office, and fuck, if that's the case than go back to George Washington and let 'ole Martha Washington run, jesus.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-03, 10:53 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Seriously, the Hilary supporters are..."
Obama won
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2008-01-03, 10:55 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "Obama won"
Obama and Huckabee. Huckabee kicked Romney's ass, and Obama kinda kicked Edwards'/Hilary's asses. Hilary got 3rd, owned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-03, 11:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Obama and Huckabee. Huckabee kicked..."
Obama won the female vote too, which is pretty funny
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2008-01-03, 11:33 PM in reply to Afroman's post "08 Caucus"
My mom is anti-Obama because he didn't put his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-01-03, 11:41 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "My mom is anti-Obama because he didn't..."
Wow. How dense is she?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-01-04, 07:29 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Wow. How dense is she?"
Though you all might like this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7170954.stm

It's got pretty graphs.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-04, 07:48 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Though you all might like this article:..."
So much for Ron Paul going anywhere.... hahahaha
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-04, 08:08 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "My mom is anti-Obama because he didn't..."
KagomJack said:
My mom is anti-Obama because he didn't put his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.
http://thinkonthesethings.wordpress....-daggone-fool/

Tell her not to be such an ignorant hillary thumper.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-04, 10:22 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://thinkonthesethings.wordpress.com/..."
Obama said:

Hope is the bedrock of this nation, the belief that our destiny will not be written for us but by us, by all those men and women who are not content to settle for the world as it is but who have the courage to remake the world as it should be," he said. "That is what we started here in Iowa and that is the message we can now carry to New Hampshire and beyond."
an excerpt from last night's caucus..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-04, 01:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "an excerpt from last night's caucus.."
I like Obama. He goes on Colbert's show a lot . He got the colbert bump .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-01-04, 02:17 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I like Obama. He goes on Colbert's..."
They actually tried to compare late night talk show hosts, as Obama went on Jay Leno and Hillary on David Letterman...blah.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V