Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

RIddle me, riddle you!
Posted 2005-03-22, 05:02 AM
YAY! Riddles...

----------

Here's a few for y'all...

This guy living on the 20th floor in an apartment building got up early each morning to go to work in a downtown store. He always went into the elevator on the 20th floor and rode down to the entrance (1st floor). When he came home he always rode the elevator from the entrance and up to the 8th floor. He walked out of the elevator and walked the stairs up to his apartment on the 20th floor.

Why don't he take the elevator all the way up to his apartment?

Answer: He's a midget and can't reach the 20 button, can only reach up tot he 8 button.

A man is found dead in a field. A package is lying next to him. He has not died of natural causes, nor has he been shot, strangled, poisoined etc. How did he die?

Answer: He's a skydiver. The package is his unopened parachute.

What being, with only one voice, has sometimes two feet, sometimes three, sometimes four, and is the weakest when it has the most?

Answer: The riddle the SPhinx asked Oedipus. The answer is "Man".

I have no wings, yet I can fly. I have no flippers, yet I can swim with the dolphins. I have no hope, yet I fight anyway...what am I?

Answer: A person.

I am a room without walls, windows or doors. What am I?

Answer: I'm told this a mushroom. I worded it wrong. I intended it to be egg but...

----------

OK, maybe five but...

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-03-23 at 08:10 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-22, 06:08 AM in reply to Lenny's post "RIddle me, riddle you!"
1. He wasn't tall enough to reach the 20th button. He was able to ride down to the first floor in the morning because the first floor button is at the bottom, but when he comes home, he can't reach all the way up to the 20th button, therefore he reaches up to the 8th which I'm assuming is the highest one he can reach, and walks the stairs up the rest of the way.

2. The unopened package is a parachute I'm guessing, since falling from a plane doesn't fall under any of those categories. Possibly more than one answer to this one.

3. In the words of Oedipus, "Man." Now throw yourself in the sea, Sphinx!

4. A pothead? I dunno about this one.

5. A mushroom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-22, 06:13 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "1. He wasn't tall enough to reach the..."
You got the first three right...and you're the only one so far to pick up on the Sphinx's...wherever else I've submitted or posted them, no-one has seen the link...

(out of interest...you haven't got the book of Greek mythology by Robert Graves have you???)

Keep on guessing at the last two...anyone else wanna try??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-22, 06:15 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You got the first three right...and..."
No, I read Oedipus Rex in 10th grade.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-22, 06:17 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You got the first three right...and..."
By the way, I'm pretty sure my answer to the 5th one is correct. I have no idea about the 4th one though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-22, 06:31 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "By the way, I'm pretty sure my answer..."
I know for a fact you're wrong about the fifth...

As for the fourth...you're nearly there...just don't think of drugs etc...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:02 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "1. He wasn't tall enough to reach the..."
is #5 an egg?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:07 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "is #5 an egg?"
YAY! You got it...

Now, who's gonna take their chances on number 4???

----------

Others can post riddles...if I just post riddles then it gets rather boring...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:24 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "YAY! You got it... Now, who's gonna..."
According to google, I'm right on number 5. Search for yourself. Every answer I find is mushroom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:26 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "According to google, I'm right on..."
My bad if the wording isn't perfect, but look in the Hobbit, and I'm pretty sure you will find that riddle and the answer as an egg.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:26 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "My bad if the wording isn't perfect,..."
An egg has walls.

Like I said, google the riddle. The answer is mushroom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:28 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "An egg has walls. Like I said,..."
Well I never...my wording is atrocious!

Gimme a mo, I gotta change it to meet my answer...

Ah screw it...'K then, mushroom it is.

----------

Gonna try number 4 yet??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "An egg has walls. Like I said,..."
Q: Tribunal tells you, "I am a room without walls, windows or doors. What am I?"

answer: mushroom'

http://www.thejackcat.com/AC/Hobbies/Quests/Citadel.htm

I am a room without walls, windows or doors. What am I? mushroom

http://site170.webhost4life.com/mist...%5Criddles.htm

There's more, but this isn't worth my time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:31 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well I never...my wording is atrocious!..."
I'm clueless on number 4 :-(
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm clueless on number 4 :-("
Think of things that fly without wings and swim without flippers...

Clue: Pothead minus drugs...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:37 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Think of things that fly without wings..."
People.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:38 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "People."
YAY! You got it...

ANother riddle...

An electric train is travelling north. The wind is blowing east. Which way is the trains smoke going?

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-03-22 at 07:47 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:49 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "YAY! You got it...:D ANother..."
No smoke.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-03-22, 07:51 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "No smoke."
Too quick. I was hoping to see someone posting some weird direction...

Right, I'm out of riddles. Someone else take over.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-22, 08:14 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "According to google, I'm right on..."
Btw, googling riddles is lame.

Oh, and the riddle is from the Hobbit is as follows:

A box without hinges, key, or lid,
Yet golden treasure inside is hid.

(All the riddles he asks rhyme.)
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob