Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2007-08-07, 12:23 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Where'd the cheese go? I dunno!..."
I ate it before bed... and yes, collecting boxes. You know, jumping around, running into the boxes, them disappearing and the number in my inventory going up by 1.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-07, 12:23 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I've had a few dreams where I woke up..."
GravitonSurge said:
I've had a few dreams where I woke up thinking something that had occured actually happened. I usually went along about half a day before realizing it was a dream... weird feeling.
I experience that a lot. Sometimes I've had to ask those involved in my dream if what I experienced actually happened. Apparently, if you become fully lucid, it's impossible to tell the difference between dreams and reality. It's kind of awkward when you're unsure of whether or not you've had sex with somebody, and you don't even drink.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2007-08-07, 12:25 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I experience that a lot. Sometimes I've..."
If I remember right, the key to having lucid dreams is to recognize the difference between dreams and reality.

That somewhat conflicts with what you're saying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-07, 01:05 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If I remember right, the key to having..."
I hate 'real dreams' as I like to call them. The ones that don't have anything out of the ordinary, you feel emotions and have thoughts, but it doesn't actually happen. It's such a confusing feeling.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-07, 01:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If I remember right, the key to having..."
!King_Amazon! said:
If I remember right, the key to having lucid dreams is to recognize the difference between dreams and reality.

That somewhat conflicts with what you're saying.
The key is to use logic (or other means) to notice the fact that you are dreaming, and take it from there. Lucid dreams *feel* exactly as if you are awake.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2007-08-07, 04:26 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I experience that a lot. Sometimes I've..."
Chruser said:
I experience that a lot. Sometimes I've had to ask those involved in my dream if what I experienced actually happened. Apparently, if you become fully lucid, it's impossible to tell the difference between dreams and reality. It's kind of awkward when you're unsure of whether or not you've had sex with somebody, and you don't even drink.
I'd say this happens to me once a month. Yes, it can get very confusing. Sometimes surreal. I already get pretty strong deja-vu sometimes, where it feels as if something (very specific though) I am doing or looking at already happened. I think that sometimes I dream about the day ahead so when I act it out again it feels like deja-vu?

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2007-08-07 at 04:28 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-08-08, 10:57 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The key is to use logic (or other..."
Doubt it counts as lucid, but I woke at about six, went back to sleep thinking about an object, and it appeared in the dream before I woke up.

My dream this morning was very strange... kinda carries on from the one about the lass the PS3, and the collecting of boxes. Same lass, except she started a job where I'm working for Summer. She asked me for help in labelling a pallet of boxes... they looked suspiciously like the ones I'd collected the night before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-08, 12:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Doubt it counts as lucid, but I woke at..."
Yeah I'm with the most of you guys, I usually have it once a month or so, i've never really thought about it in detail, other than it was weird, I think I might take up on the journal idea and try to peice things together, really interesting.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-08, 03:33 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah I'm with the most of you guys, I..."
I don't have deja-vu once a month but I've definitely had a few experiences of it. Mostly when I was younger I would dream about something and then it'd seem to unfold exactly as I had remembered. Huge government conspiracy? I think so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-08, 03:37 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I don't have deja-vu once a month but..."
I think so too.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-08, 03:48 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I think so too."
Most likely.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-08-08, 04:06 PM in reply to klo's post starting "Most likely."
I bet if I had a lucid dream with full control i'd definately blink into the Playboy Mansion...

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-09, 11:25 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I bet if I had a lucid dream with full..."
I was up too early to have a dream about the lass today. Same goes for tomorrow.

At least on Saturday I'll be able to sleep for England. Might try for a lucid dream, seeing as I've got the whole day to myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-09, 02:31 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I was up too early to have a dream..."
Lenny, you need some sort of super power.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-09, 04:10 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Lenny, you need some sort of super..."
I had a dream the night before last that took place entirely in a Half-Life mod which may or may not have been a map for Sven-Coop.

A couple weeks ago I had one where I was walking through an office building coldly murdering people with a leatherman knife.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-08-10, 10:40 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I had a dream the night before last..."
Lmao, that's an awesome dream.

After reading this thread, I had the most vivid dream in the longest time, I was literally at Jax Beach surfing with the family, and we we're surrounded by sharks, and ended up getting attacked (I think Shark Week had something to do with this as well) and we ended up having to go to Shands etc etc., it was ridiculous, at one point it flashed into my mind in my dream that it may be a lucid dream, and then quickly went away after something else had came up.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-10, 10:50 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Lmao, that's an awesome dream. After..."
Wow, last night I had a dream about what I was going to do this weekend. It actually happened how I wanted it to, and I did have quite a bit of control over it. Had to check which day it was. Strange...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-10, 11:09 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Wow, last night I had a dream about..."
Lucid dreams are pretty cool. I would describe it as the ultimate video game. You can do whatever you want.

I've had lucid dreams about being in the diablo world and fighting like the characters do, I've had lucid dreams about The Matrix, I've had all kinds of lucid dreams. I don't really do it anymore though, unless it's accidental. It's too much of a production to actually induce them, and my girlfriend would probably think I was doing some sort of weird meditation. She doesn't know anything about lucid dreaming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-10, 11:24 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Lucid dreams are pretty cool. I would..."
Well I actually went to the store I was planning on going to, bought the exact glowsticks, had my friend weave them in my hair, and danced around a bonfire. My friend even had the acid he had told me about yesterday. I could feel the warmth of the fire, it was great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-11, 12:50 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Well I actually went to the store I was..."
I dreamt a number of considerably terrifying nightmares tonight, but I woke up a number of times, forgetting what I dreamt before. Actually, the only thing I remember is this loud, echoing, possessive, "demonic" voice in my head, screaming "YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL DIE TODAY!" over and over again (six times or so) before I woke up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser