Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post I need a bit of advice on sorc build
Posted 2003-06-16, 07:20 AM
I was thinking of building fire&light sorc, do I have enough points to make it work and what skills to max, altho i've already put some ptsintometeor.... I play HC.

Thanx for the advices!

-Snow
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSnow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Snow

Posted 2003-06-16, 11:25 AM in reply to Snow's post "I need a bit of advice on sorc build"
good luck on trying to build a lit/fire sorc. Currently making one of those types is basicly making a weak sorc character cause fire and lightning don't work too well together. I mean sure you got warmth to build up your mana quickly, but that's about all fire abilities have that is good enough to help. Hydra spell isn't all that great of a lvl 30 attack and firewall can easily be avoided in open areas of the field of play. Thunderstorm has great attack power and is best to max it out, however, it's slow attacking and shouldn't be your primary attack. Mana Shield is good if you have two things when not using cold shielding. And that is having a high enough Warmth and wearing armor that has the ability to convert damage taken into mana (P Skulls not recommended on higher difficulty levels). The only other thing I can think of is using bugged items or hacks but since bnet is cracking down on them, i wouldn't recommend them. Anyways, good luck.
]3lood]{rawller
Founder of the Krypticwarriors
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bloodkrawller

Posted 2003-06-16, 12:06 PM in reply to Snow's post "I need a bit of advice on sorc build"
I have made a metior / nova sorc there is enough stats to do it but you need to make a choice between what u want to pump up the fire or the light
i have 32 metior / fire mastery
26 in nova / light mastery 1 point in static about 10 points in warmth 1 in shiver armour & one in each pre requisit teleport , manashield 1 point in frost nova

but basicly the nova is too low to kill fast, the fire is cool but could be better used with frozen orb as a combo

its not a great build but u can have some fun,
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-06-16, 01:35 PM in reply to Snow's post "I need a bit of advice on sorc build"
First of all, Fire/ lighing sorc is the best dueling/ pking sorc, don't know wtf is BK talking about. Of couse you need good gear to make a good sorc. If you a pk, go with hydra and TS. But a skilled player, fire wall can own anybody. For Pvm, ts and fire wall is pretty good, and get a act 2 freze merc.

Either way, if you want a good sorc, you have to max mastery of both. So, if you get nova, then you can't get ts, and ts is a must.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-06-16, 02:34 PM in reply to Snow's post "I need a bit of advice on sorc build"
I think he's talking about PvM, as he only mentioned playing HC.

Well, it would be tough if you're playing HC. Even Nova sorc is tough in HC without good gear. Also, Nova isn't a really good choice...for you won't have points for warmth, (and you'd probably want more Vita then Energy, in HC)

For Fire, I think Hydra would be better, because it aims for you. If you could, you can try building a nova/hydra sorc...I used to have one but she was in softcore, and she was very successful...

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-17, 12:00 AM in reply to Snow's post "I need a bit of advice on sorc build"
Well for a PvM Sorc meteor can be very good but you would need a cold spell to at least slow down enemy for meteor frozen orb is the best to do this job before i got all my accounts banned i had a cold/fire sorc maxed meteor, fire mastery, frozen orb, cold mastery, 1 point in static i was casting on cow frozen orb once static a few time while waiting for meteor then meteor and u got some hamburger for a result. If you really want it to be fire/lightning can be very challenging indeed for hc i would suggest u at least get 1 point in frost nova and use hydra/charged bolt but you need good item for charged bolt to make it worth it and u can cast it between each hydra also it doesnt cost much mana the dmg will never be huge on your charged bolt it cant become big but the important is the ammount of bolt skill level +2 thats where u get the dmg and who know in next patch maybe there a skill that will give bonus to charged bolt
i had a charged bolt blizzard sorc but the blizzard wasnt hitting enought target yet the bolt were decent and it make it easier to do the low level if u dont get rush
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-06-18, 11:25 AM in reply to Snow's post "I need a bit of advice on sorc build"
Hey buddy, next time you make a coment about my posts, READ THE DAMN THING COMPLETELY FIRST. I never said that you have to have mana shield and I said that I recommend ts too. I just said that if you do use it, to be prepared. Yes I agreed with putting more points into vita then mana, but it's always good to have some damage converting stuff on you to boost up your mana regeneration. A basic Ice/Lightning sorc puts about 4-6 pts. into warmth, but then relies on the armorments such as Occulus, Harlyquinn Shako and Lidless Wall to boost it's points up more. Maybe the same can be said for a Lit/Fire sorc but I beg to differ. Especially on HC. First you have to get your char build strong enough to withstand the most basic of monsters without getting youself killed in the process. In the mean time you have to worry about some joker coming along and killing you just for his/her own pleasure. If you get rushed, then you are lucky. If you can get rushed through all three difficulty lvls then you are very lucky. Then you got to stand in the cow runs and pray to god you don't get killed. After all that is done you then got to worry about getting som good items to trade for the items you need. and they can come from anywhere. But hey, they wouldn't be calling it hardcore if it wasn't "HARD CORE". Anyways, got to go. Take care all.
]3lood]{rawller
Founder of the Krypticwarriors
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bloodkrawller

Posted 2003-06-18, 06:48 PM in reply to Snow's post "I need a bit of advice on sorc build"
I would suggest not doing light fire sorc. Use orb is very good and doesn't require alot of mana. Then if you want to use fire use meteor and fire mastery and some in warmth, just static them and run around them until meteor comes down. I on the other hand use nova,ts,lightmastery on my sorc, with static to bring down their life. But use orb, its easy and does enough damage, and won't drain your mana like cb will if you don't have enough mana.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-06-18, 07:41 PM in reply to Snow's post "I need a bit of advice on sorc build"
Cookie-cutter builds get boring pretty fast...

That's why he was asking advise for a fire/lightning, I assume.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-18, 10:03 PM in reply to Snow's post "I need a bit of advice on sorc build"
Well, I'm assuming he doesn't have all that good equipment on hc so I just suggested a easier way to conserve mana.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy