Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Posted 2004-09-29, 03:14 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Both, I suppose. I'll get back to you..."
im gonna get on ladder, and do we have to wear any certain tags?
need a lod cdkey
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
eellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeneellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

eellis2132

Posted 2004-09-29, 03:20 PM in reply to eellis2132's post starting "im gonna get on ladder, and do we have..."
Like I said, I don't really have the basis of the clan layed out yet, but we'll get to that later. That's almost a frivolous matter at this time. My first instinct to that would be no, though, but I'll leave it up to you guys in the end. Like I said, I'm only helping to get this thing set up. You guys are going to control it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-29, 04:02 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Like I said, I don't really have the..."
okay... i got on my account... lvl 70 fire sorc.. need help thru hell, msg me on aim, eellis2132
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
eellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeneellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

eellis2132

Posted 2004-09-29, 04:10 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Zelaron Clan"
I'm not going to be playing D2. I'm pretty sure that my D2 days are behind me, but you can never be too sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-29, 04:23 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I'm not going to be playing D2. I'm..."
well then wtf you mkae this thread for lmao
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-09-29, 05:06 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "well then wtf you mkae this thread for..."
He wanted to see this happen. He's promoting our identity as a group...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-29, 05:12 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "He wanted to see this happen. He's..."
Quote:
He's promoting our identity as a group...
props for that mj
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-29, 05:24 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "props for that mj"
I'll gladly write a PHP script for tournaments or some such.

For money.
(although MJ is a much better programmer)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-09-29, 07:00 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "I'll gladly write a PHP script for..."
This will never happen, when WoW comes out this will just collapse due to lack of leader ship, activity, ending transmission.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-09-29, 07:06 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "This will never happen, when WoW comes..."
WoW sucks... from what I hear atleast, I won't even bother downloading it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-09-29, 07:23 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "This will never happen, when WoW comes..."
Either way, I'm starting this up. MightyJoe hasn't responded yet. If you want to be treasurer either post here and let me know why you'd be a good treasurer, or PM me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-29, 07:24 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "I'll gladly write a PHP script for..."
`Insolence` said:
(although MJ is a much better programmer)
Heh. I wouldn't say that.

Either way, I don't know any PHP at the moment, so when we get this started it would be awesome if you could do that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-29, 07:56 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Heh. I wouldn't say that. Either..."
I'm busy with a project I'm doing for my favorite teacher... but if I get some free time and I want to, I may.

Otherwise, you'll have to give me lots of money
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-09-29, 08:01 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Either way, I'm starting this up...."
Anyway been at work, but I will im you.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-29, 08:26 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Anyway been at work, but I will im you."
MightyJoe is the official treasurer. I'm hoping we should get this thing going pretty soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-29, 09:25 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "MightyJoe is the official treasurer...."
http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33457

Go and vote for it.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-30, 10:42 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Zelaron Clan"
Im in

1 r 73h sp4mz0r
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-09-30, 02:17 PM in reply to Death's post starting "Im in :) 1 r 73h sp4mz0r"
Sounds like MJ has an idea but the more i think about it, the more it sounds like a communist community. Sounds like you are making this an "elite" circle exempt from the rest of the d2 community. Few problems however; people act in their own self interest, the bases of a market economy. Communism is different, u got a group but in this case u got the Treasurer, dictating wats worth what and the tax, oh boy the tax. What are u going to charge? Theres no medium of exchange in D2 (ie MONEY). Dont get me wrong i would like to help u plan out this idea cuz with some good ideas and thinkin anythin is possible. Aight back to my constructive critism. The treasurer is a good idea, im guessin they just hold valubles for people? Thats good stuff now what happens if the bank is robbed (hacked/fucked over by bnet)? Ill tell u what happens, instead of 1 more poor inicent victim of "life sucks" u got 10-20 victims all at once, yikes! One thing i'll be thinkin more of is the problem of a lack of medium exchange. The best example of a good economic system is a market system, but thats based on a medium of exchange. I dont play d2 anymore but last i heard 32020s are the closest thing to money. The best way to do this but this is just a rough idea and is alot easier to say than to be done, eh actually it really wont work but like in America, we make money and dispose of old bills (banks burn old money did u kno that?) so since u wouldnt have old money u wouldnt really do this. But basically someone dupe 32020s and that person/persons would exchange items for them but wtf am i sayin, this doesnt work at all. nvm sorry if i just wasted a minute of ur life from readin that. Let me think more on this obstactle.
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-09-30, 02:35 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Sounds like MJ has an idea but the more..."
SlickFic04 said:
Sounds like MJ has an idea but the more i think about it, the more it sounds like a communist community. Sounds like you are making this an "elite" circle exempt from the rest of the d2 community. Few problems however; people act in their own self interest, the bases of a market economy. Communism is different, u got a group but in this case u got the Treasurer, dictating wats worth what and the tax, oh boy the tax. What are u going to charge? Theres no medium of exchange in D2 (ie MONEY). Dont get me wrong i would like to help u plan out this idea cuz with some good ideas and thinkin anythin is possible. Aight back to my constructive critism. The treasurer is a good idea, im guessin they just hold valubles for people? Thats good stuff now what happens if the bank is robbed (hacked/fucked over by bnet)? Ill tell u what happens, instead of 1 more poor inicent victim of "life sucks" u got 10-20 victims all at once, yikes! One thing i'll be thinkin more of is the problem of a lack of medium exchange. The best example of a good economic system is a market system, but thats based on a medium of exchange. I dont play d2 anymore but last i heard 32020s are the closest thing to money. The best way to do this but this is just a rough idea and is alot easier to say than to be done, eh actually it really wont work but like in America, we make money and dispose of old bills (banks burn old money did u kno that?) so since u wouldnt have old money u wouldnt really do this. But basically someone dupe 32020s and that person/persons would exchange items for them but wtf am i sayin, this doesnt work at all. nvm sorry if i just wasted a minute of ur life from readin that. Let me think more on this obstactle.
You bring up some pointes, but all in all it sounds like an OK system to me. My plan is to make a circle that is as independent on itself as possible, while not losing out, and in fact gaining momentum on the rest of the D2 world. My hope in starting an economy is so that we can all trade items at a set price without all this bickering that goes on outside the forums in a mostly immature environement. My plan will make trading more effecient, and it will also hopefully be able to set up some cool things like tournaments within the clan. My hope is that everyone's self-interest will be fulfilled through this clan. Anything that doesn't work can be ammended. Anyone who doesn't like the idea, is of course, free to not join.

The treasurer will be the man in charge of what's worth what, but most of the input that the treasurer makes his decisions on will come from the other members of the clan. Fluctuation in prices, in cases of dupes or other occasions should be taken care of by the treasurer.

I'll leave the treasurer in charge of picking a good password for the bank. If the bank gets hacked or whatever, you are of course free to take out your anger on the treasurer however you want. The bank won't hold any of your personal items, only taxes that have been collected, so if it gets hacked then the community as a whole does lose out, but not severely. It can bre reinstated. And taxes will be minimal, say a pul rune. If that's too steep for members, then they can bring that up, and we will change accordingly.

Don't get turned off by the tax. If it's too high, you're welcome to call for a change. You have to remember though, that my plan is to hopefully help out newcomers, people that have gotten hacked, and set up tournaments. Whatever the bank has collected will eventually get back to you.

Thanks for the few issues you brought up. I'm always up for some constructive criticism. If you have ideas on how to improve upon mine, then please let us know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-30, 03:43 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "You bring up some pointes, but all in..."
To make things efficient in economical ways u might want to consider this. Specialization amongst the members. What i mean is if one member or a few members do constant ball runs, or cow runz or pit runz with no mf and find socketables than they shouldnt have to do any countess runs, someone who does countess runs shouldnt have to do baal runz. Someone who does pindle/meph runs shouldnt do baal or countess, u see what im sayin? Specialization! makes things efficient. Efficient, producing at the lowest costs. so think a lil more on that.
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04