Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Posted 2002-04-10, 03:15 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
I haven't ever taken any courses.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-10, 03:19 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
I'm including random books and guides in that
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-10, 03:23 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
No books, no guides
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-10, 03:30 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Quote:
Congrats Wetwired. You just bought yourself a mod spot.
Yay! I get to feel so much more useful.

And I even know how to start conversation here
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-10, 03:32 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
So, know any php?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-10, 03:36 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
No, unfortunately not. If I could figure how to get it working on my Linux box, I might give it a try though.

Basicly, I have a machine that is dedicated to the purpose of running a phpBB for style development (and vB too, if the lite version can do styles), but I can't seem to get it to work. I have Red Hat Linux 6.x and can reinstall as many times as necessary (time permitting) to get to work.

You know anything about that?
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-10, 04:48 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
Correct me if I sound like a moron but isn't most of phpBB styles just images? I know you have to edit some other files for the basic color scheme.. well I don't know
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-11, 07:18 AM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
To get an idea of the scale of changes I'd like to make, go to www.realmofconfusion.com, register, and choose the style "Formhault Style Test" in your profile. Note that it hardly looks like the standard phpBB anymore (though it is still a style in progress). And if you think that putting the graphic behind everything was simple, think again. The templates were never designed to do anything like that.

Now do you see?
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2002-05-01, 02:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post "This forum is going to kill so much of..."
what is so grate about php no one knows it ? is that the cool thing about it learn java man
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
thatdude331 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenthatdude331 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

thatdude331