Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Question Torrent-BIN file help
Posted 2006-05-23, 07:44 AM
Some of the torrents I d/l end up being these BIN files. Which I don't know what to do with. Does this just mean I got a bunk torrent file?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-05-23, 08:06 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Torrent-BIN file help"
Nope. It's kind of like an ISO file, bit BIN instead - basically all the data on the CD is stored in Binary in a BIN file.

I think the way to open them is to burn them to CD and open them...alternatively, try using Daemon Tools.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-23, 05:32 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download..."
Ok. Well... I d/led that after Lenny told me too. Then, he gave me the instructions to the damn thing provided by the site. It seemed to me that, that program isn't intended for the purpose you two think it is. Unless either of you have actually used it, in which case I would need step by step instructions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2006-05-23, 06:29 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Ok. Well... I d/led that after Lenny..."
It creates a fake dvd drive, and runs the .bin off your computer as if you put a disk in. This should let you play the game. What is it you're trying to do?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-05-23, 08:55 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "It creates a fake dvd drive, and runs..."
Trying to play a movie I downloaded from torrent. How do I get the fake dvd drive to play the BIN?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2006-05-23, 09:57 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Trying to play a movie I downloaded..."
Did you mount the .bin file? You have to run daemon tools, right click the system tray icon, and mount the .bin file. Then right click on the fake drive, explore, and find the video file. It might be in a strange folder, if it's a real DVD... and you might need a program like WinDVD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-05-24, 09:42 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Did you mount the .bin file? You have..."
"Unable to mount image. File not accessable."
Bah. I give up. I found the movie via P2P anyways, but I'll keep daemon around incase I get some more .bins
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda