Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

I'm having trouble with Photoshop...
Posted 2008-05-06, 04:43 PM
I'm using Photoshop 7.0...a really old version I know, but I don't wanna go out and buy a new version. Well it seems to like to freeze a lot. I'll take a screenshot of it...
screenshot

It does this wen a new window has to pop up usually...such as creating a new document or opening one of the filter things or anything really...does anyone know why it's doing this?

I'm thinking it might be because of my laptops inability to run it because of vista or something, but im pretty sure I've used it just fine in the past on my lappy...maybe reinstalling would fix it?

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention that I can still use the program...like open File, Edit, etc. it just has everything grayed out.
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2008-05-11, 06:38 PM in reply to Slyvr's post "I'm having trouble with Photoshop..."
I have a Laptop, Vista Home Premium, and Photoshop CS3 and every time I want to create a new document or open up a pre-existing one it freezes up as well.

Though technically that's not what is happening. I wait approximately 1-and-a-half minutes to 2-minutes and it finally appears.

I don't know if that's what is happening, however, I can guarantee you that it IS MS Windows Vista that is causing you this minor inconvenience.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-05-12, 12:32 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I have a Laptop, Vista Home Premium,..."
Really?

Works fine with me, and I'm running Ultimate. I've got a number of friends who do Art and thus use Photoshop CS3, all of them run different flavours of Vista, and they've got no problems.

So I could, by the same logic, guarantee that is is NOT Vista that is causing the minor inconvenience.

Not that it helps any more than saying it is, mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-05-12, 12:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Really? Works fine with me, and I'm..."
Lenny said:
Really?

Works fine with me, and I'm running Ultimate. I've got a number of friends who do Art and thus use Photoshop CS3, all of them run different flavours of Vista, and they've got no problems.

So I could, by the same logic, guarantee that is is NOT Vista that is causing the minor inconvenience.

Not that it helps any more than saying it is, mind.
How can it not be Vista, I have a running XP with the same everything and Photoshop opens everything much faster and doesn't have the wait time that the Vista does.

Of course let me state that it wasn't always this way, Vista used to open it up in the past when it was new. It seems that one of the updates for the system has screwed it up.

I say stay away from the Windows Vista Updates if you know what's good for you.

OR

Just downgrade to an XP and make sure to look around for the bios etc before doing so that way nothing goes wrong when you do it. Also make sure not to change your computers SSID in fear of making backup discs with another SSID and then the recovery discs won't work.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-05-12, 12:58 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "How can it not be Vista, I have a..."
Quote:
How can it not be Vista, I have a running XP with the same everything and Photoshop opens everything much faster and doesn't have the wait time that the Vista does.
I've just told you - it works on mine and my friends Vista computers. If Vista were the problem, surely we'd all experience it?

Quote:
I say stay away from the Windows Vista Updates if you know what's good for you.
One shouldn't need telling.

First thing I do whenever I install any MS OS on any computer - turn off Windows Updates. I've never had an update in my life, and nor have my friends.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-05-12, 02:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've just told you - it works on mine..."
Lenny said:
One shouldn't need telling.

First thing I do whenever I install any MS OS on any computer - turn off Windows Updates. I've never had an update in my life, and nor have my friends.
Bam, that's the problem! VISTA! He most likely updated it, which when I updated it I started having all of the problems with Photoshop CS3.

I think that we can safely say it is Vista, and just to, if possible, rollback the system.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-05-12, 03:40 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Bam, that's the problem! VISTA! He..."
I would not tell him to download another up-to-date version for free from a torrent. No way I'd do that ever. It's wrong, illegal, and unethical. And free.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-12, 07:14 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I would not tell him to download..."
Lmao, and I wouldn't just ask where I might find one of these illegal, unethical, free torrents...or would I?

I'm thinking it's vista, then, I'll have to downgrade to XP eventually...I had a problem with the network a few months back with vista too. The wireless stuff just refused to open up, so my dad eventually figured out somethin to do using MS DOS :P retarded...
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2008-05-12, 07:31 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Lmao, and I wouldn't just ask where I..."
That would be incredibly wrong, and I'd probably cry all night. In fact, I'd advise again it. Have you ever been to [site removed - no warez] before? It's a cool site that's got a legal section even to help you learn about the unethical act of pirating. Spread the word!

------------------------------

I also wouldn't tell you to keep any business info. off your profile when talking about any sort of activities such as this.

Edited by Lenny 
You can discuss, but not link to. Sorry, WKFF.

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-05-13 at 09:51 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood