Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Need talent build help?
Posted 2004-11-22, 05:55 AM
We're in the final stretch, folks! Anyone unsure on what to do?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-11-22, 06:24 AM in reply to Grav's post "Need talent build help?"
Word... Are you the all knowing entity that makes up the World of Warcraft universe or something Grav?
What beta phase did you start in?

I think I might just not put anything into talents untill I really know what I want. I know I want a strong meelee Shaman who can nuke the running bitches. But other than that... *Shrugs* Any suggestions?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2004-11-22, 07:30 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Word... Are you the all knowing entity..."
Im hering damn good things about Shamans all of the sudden. Damnit!! Im just to confused!

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2004-11-22, 10:07 AM in reply to zeal311's post starting "Im hering damn good things about..."
Im thinking undead mage will most likely be it for me. Ima prolly go all out with fire and about 11 in arcane.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-11-22, 10:54 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Im thinking undead mage will most..."
ok i know im doing a shadow priest with some discipline, but im doing all the shadow stuff first, im wondering what talents i should do though...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-11-22, 11:12 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "ok i know im doing a shadow priest with..."
timmay1113 said:
ok i know im doing a shadow priest with some discipline, but im doing all the shadow stuff first, im wondering what talents i should do though...
So there are shadow priests? I heard about them but I couldnt find any info.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2004-11-22, 12:35 PM in reply to Grav's post "Need talent build help?"
Shaman or Mage??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-11-22, 01:13 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Word... Are you the all knowing entity..."
pr0xy said:
Word... Are you the all knowing entity that makes up the World of Warcraft universe or something Grav?
What beta phase did you start in?
Phase 4, but I'm a forum whore and read pretty much every thread in existence on the WoW forums, and others; I have a pretty solid understanding.

pr0xy said:
I think I might just not put anything into talents untill I really know what I want. I know I want a strong meelee Shaman who can nuke the running bitches. But other than that... *Shrugs* Any suggestions?
Well, here's one of my Shaman builds, it should be your style. It's basically raw DPS.

Quote:

Elemental Combat Talents (16 points)
--
Concussion - 5/5 points
Increases the damage done by your Shock spells by 5%.

Convection - 5/5 points
Reduces the Mana cost of your Shock spells by 10%.

Reverberation - 5/5 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Shock spells by 1 second.

Elemental Focus - 1/1 point
Gives you a 10% chance to enter a Clearcasting state after casting any Fire, Frost, or Nature damage spell. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next damage spell by 100%.

Enhancement Talents (35 points)
--
Shield Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to block attacks with a shield by 5%.

Thundering Strikes - 5/5 points
Improves your chance to get a critical strike with your weapon attacks by 5%.

Improved Ghost Wolf - 2/2 points
Reduces the cast time of your Ghost Wolf spell by 2 second.

Improved Lightning Shield - 3/3 points
Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by 15%.

Two-Handed Axes and Maces - 1/1 point
Allows you to use Two-Handed Axes and Two-Handed Maces.

Anticipation - 5/5 points
Increases your defense skill by 10.

Flurry - 5/5 points
Increases your attack speed by 30% for your next 3 swings after dealing a critical strike.

Parry - 1/1 point
Gives a chance to parry melee attacks.

Improved Windfury Weapon - 2/2 points
Increases the Attack Power bonus of your Windfury Weapon effect by ?.

Toughness - 5/5 points
Increases your armor value from items by 10%.

Stormstrike - 1/1 point
Gives you an extra attack. In addition, the next 2 sources of Nature damage dealt to the target are increased by 20%. Lasts 12 seconds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-11-22, 01:14 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "Im hering damn good things about..."
zeal311 said:
Im hering damn good things about Shamans all of the sudden. Damnit!! Im just to confused!
Confused why?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-11-22, 01:19 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Confused why?"
Alot of carebears are hopping on shaman because how much they rock.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-11-22, 01:20 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "ok i know im doing a shadow priest with..."
timmay1113 said:
Priest talents have changed a bit since I played one, but the things you need to focus on are: Improved Mana Burn, Silence, Vampiric Embrace, Mind Flay, Shadowform [For soloing.] Once you're a high level you might want to respec and change things around to be 100% PvP (Like swapping Spirit Tap for Blackout), but this is still PvP oriented. However priests need all the help they can get for solo, and shadowform is really great.

I put into Improved Fortitude originally, but I had an extra point at the end and figured I'd get Martyrdom and Focused Casting for emergencies.

Quote:

Discipline Talents (18 points)
--
Unbreakable Will - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to resist Stun, Fear, and Silence effects by 15%.

Improved Power Word: Shield - 3/3 points
Reduces the duration of your Power Word: Shield's Weakened Soul effect by 15 seconds.

Martyrdom - 2/2 points
Gives you a 100% chance to gain the Focused Casting effect that lasts for 6 seconds after being the victim of a critical strike. The Focused Casting effect prevents you from losing casting time when taking damage.

Mental Agility - 5/5 points
Reduces the mana cost of your instant cast spells by 10%.

Focused Casting - 1/1 point
While active, you no longer lose casting time from taking damage. Lasts 8 seconds.

Improved Mana Burn - 2/2 points
Reduces the casting time of your Mana Burn spell by ?.

Shadow Talents (33 points)
--
Spirit Tap - 5/5 points
Gives you a 100% chance to gain a 100% bonus to your Spirit after killing a target. For the duration, your Mana may regenerate at a 50% rate while casting. Lasts 15 seconds.

Shadow Focus - 5/5 points
Reduces your target's chance to resist your Shadow spells by 10%.

Improved Shadow Word: Pain - 2/2 points
Increases the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by 6 seconds.

Improved Psychic Scream - 2/2 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Scream ability by 4 seconds.

Mind Flay - 1/1 point
Assault the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing 75 damage over 3 seconds and slowing the target to 50% of their movement speed.

Improved Mind Blast - 5/5 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Mind Blast spell by 2.5 seconds.

Vampiric Embrace - 1/1 point
Afflicts your target with Shadow energy that causes all party members to be healed for 20% of any Shadow damage you deal for 1 minute.

Shadow Weaving - 5/5 points
Your Shadow damage spells have a 100% chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to Shadow damage. This vulnerability increases the Shadow damage dealt to your target by 3% and lasts 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

Silence - 1/1 point
Silence the target, preventing them from casting spells for 5 seconds.

Darkness - 5/5 points
Increases your Shadow spell damage by 10%.

Shadowform - 1/1 point
Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 15% and reducing Physical damage done to you by 15%. However, you may only cast Shadow and Discipline spells while in this form.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-11-22, 01:43 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Priest talents have changed a bit since..."
Do you have a good build for a shapshifting druid?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-11-22, 01:44 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "Do you have a good build for a..."
Shapeshifting Druid.. that's a good question. I'll go look it up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-11-22, 01:56 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "Do you have a good build for a..."
There are a bunch of builds you can check out here:

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?vie..._id=8&build=b7
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-11-22, 02:06 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "Do you have a good build for a..."
General consensus is that Druids are gimped past level 50 in terms of being a melee class because the have far less armor, HP, and damage than warriors of the same level because of uber warrior gear.

Because of that, and the fact that Feral talents don't really help all that much when compared to Nature and Balance, most druids focus on their other aspects in terms of talents.

Remember that you can still shapeshift and use all your abilities if you don't get Feral talents.

Someone summed it up better than I can:
Quote:
If you dont go up the Feral tree you'll be using your forms at 90% of thier max.

If you dont go up the Balance tree you'll be using your spells at 50% of thier max.

and If you dont go up the Restoration tree you'll be using your heals at 30% of thier max.
That said:

Quote:

Balance Talents (20 points)
--
Improved Wrath - 5/5 points
Reduces the cast time of your Wrath spell by 0.5 seconds.

Nature's Grasp - 1/1 point
While active, any time an enemy strikes the caster, they have a 35% chance to become afflicted by Entangling Roots (Rank 1). Only usable outdoors. 1 charge. Lasts 45 seconds.

Improved Nature's Grasp - 1/4 point
Increases the chance for your Nature's Grasp to entangle an enemy by 15%.

Improved Moonfire - 5/5 points
Increases the damage and critical strike chance of your Moonfire spell by 15%.

Nature's Reach - 2/2 points
Increases the range of your Wrath, Entangling Roots, Faerie Fire (caster form only), Moonfire, and Starfire spells by 20%.

Omen of Clarity - 1/1 point
Imbue the Druid's weapon with natural energy. Each hit has a chance of causing the caster to enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the Mana cost of your next damage or healing spell by 100%. The Omen of Clarity enchantment lasts 5 minutes.

Improved Starfire - 5/5 points
Gives your Starfire spell a 15% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

Restoration Talents (31 points)
--
Improved Mark of the Wild - 5/5 points
Increases the effects of your Mark of the Wild spell by 35%.

Nature's Focus - 5/5 points
Gives you a 60% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting the Healing Touch or Regrowth spells.

Improved Healing Touch - 5/5 points
Reduces the mana cost of your Healing Touch spell by 15%.

Gift of Nature - 1/1 point
Increases the effect of your Healing Touch, Rejuvenation, Regrowth, and Tranquility spells by 5%.

Improved Rejuvenation - 3/5 points
Increases the effect of your Rejuvenation spell by 9%.

Reflection - 5/5 points
Allows 15% of your Mana regeneration to continue while casting.

Nature's Swiftness - 1/1 point
When activated, your next Nature spell becomes an instant cast spell.

Improved Regrowth - 5/5 points
Increases the critical effect chance of your Regrowth spell by 50%.

Innervate - 1/1 point
Increases the target's Mana regeneration by 400% and allows 100% of the target's Mana regeneration to continue while casting. Lasts 20 seconds.
This is a more group-oriented build. For PvP it would probably be changed around a little, but groups pretty much demand Innervate from druids nowadays.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-11-22, 02:06 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "There are a bunch of builds you can..."
kockblocker1 said:
There are a bunch of builds you can check out here:

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?vie..._id=8&build=b7
99.9% of those are garbage, I wouldn't recommend it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-11-22, 02:14 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "General consensus is that Druids are..."
So that build won't be good for going solo?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-11-22, 03:24 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "99.9% of those are garbage, I wouldn't..."
Give me a good mage build
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-11-22, 03:48 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Give me a good mage build :)"
http://www.nurfed.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3335
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-11-22, 03:53 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://www.nurfed.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.p..."
Awesome link!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin