Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Question Has Zel lost its shine?
Posted 2009-01-04, 07:20 PM
Is there no activity left on Zelaron, or is it the slump coming from the end of the holidays?
We need something to attract people here; I find myself visiting this place less and less...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-01-04, 07:47 PM in reply to Wallow's post "Has Zel lost its shine?"
It's a mixture of things, more than likely, and the holidays is one of them. I don't think it's time to panic though, in the 6 years I've been here it has gone through this stage many times. Eventually, it will get back on track and the activity will be high. Although, in the past Zelaron was structured around D2 and that's where most of the members came from. I think we need something of that magnitude again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-01-04, 09:47 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It's a mixture of things, more than..."
Activity seems to come in waves. I think I'll stay this time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-01-04, 10:41 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Activity seems to come in waves. I..."
Still borrringggg
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-01-05, 06:41 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Still borrringggg"
The reason why Zelaron was so active during the Diablo II days was because we put (almost) all of our focus and efforts into a single area. Now, we have a large number of different sub-forums, all of which have about half a member interested in each. Activity remained reasonably high after the "D2 era", but it was still augmented by the existence of our Diablo II forum.

Now that the Diablo II forum has withered and completely died, we need to refocus our efforts, or Zelaron in its entirety is likely to die, too.

So, in order to make Zelaron more active again, we need to choose one single subject/area and focus all of our efforts on it. As previously stated, I think either Game Hacking or RPGMaker will be ideal, because we have a pretty good background in both areas. This "background" will thus give us a boost of activities from search engines.

For those of you who think we should turn Zelaron into a full-fledged general conversation forum, I'm sorry, but it's a terrible idea. There are too many other general discussion forums around.

---

Edit: For those of you who think you have no interest in, say, RPGMaker or some similarly "focused" area, remember that general discussion worked fine during the D2 days despite the fact that we didn't dedicate 17 different forums to it.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-01-05 at 07:11 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-01-05, 06:55 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The reason why Zelaron was so active..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
Any other ideas?
Start giving out free donuts again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-01-05, 08:29 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The reason why Zelaron was so active..."
I'm fine with Zelaron focusing on one single area, as long as we can gain members that stick around. If it's RPGMaker I'm afraid I won't be able to help at all since I've only heard of this program through Zelaron. If you want to go down the "Game Hacking" path, what games would you focus on? Do we even have any good programmers/hackers nowadays? I know in the past we did with D2, but now....?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-01-05, 09:08 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm fine with Zelaron focusing on one..."
I vote for the hacking and cracking section.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-01-05, 09:39 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The reason why Zelaron was so active..."
I'm fine with that. A forum focused solely on general discussion is doomed to fail, anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-01-05, 09:46 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I'm fine with that. A forum focused..."
I think the focus should be around MMORPG's seeing as WoW just released a new expansion, WAR is still holding strong and is actually competition for WoW now, Diablo 3 will be released soon and we could endevour back into our old days. Starcraft 2 is comming shortly, and I've even heard a terrible rumor from a troll in trade channel about warcraft 4...

If we could get a decent MMO thing going, It could work, but it could also fail.. I'm not the expert in this area.. But I think the general background of the community here is gaming (Im a quick learner)

Personally I think the game hacking is a terrible idea, I for one hated when people fucked up too human when it was still 1-2 weeks out, completely screwed up the economy of that game and multiplayer trading had died. Hacking it could be fun, but Id prefer it to be where d2 is now, still around but kinda forogotten, having a bot makes going back to d2 desireable. If we got d3 tomorrow, and in 1 week we were hacking it, I would be disappointed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-01-05, 10:16 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I think the focus should be around..."
Sure, focusing on one area is good, but we need to have more popular input too. Maybe reviewing more games, movies, etc. would get more hits? I honestly haven't the foggiest how search engines work? I'm down for evolving the RPG Maker, but I'd like to actually see something out of it too. I remember the days of the Zelaron RPG, and it was fun as hell. If we're going to focus on it, lets make something out of it too...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-05, 11:20 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Sure, focusing on one area is good, but..."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
I'm down for evolving the RPG Maker, but I'd like to actually see something out of it too. I remember the days of the Zelaron RPG, and it was fun as hell. If we're going to focus on it, lets make something out of it too...

You mean this one? A Zelaron MMORPG would actually be very interesting. We did have another one in the works not very long ago, but I think it failed because we couldn't decide on what language/engine to use.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-01-05, 11:52 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "You mean this one..."
Our best hope is probably to focus on D3 when it comes out. If we have a lot of activity on it at release, old D2 members are likely to come back to stay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-01-05, 12:44 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Our best hope is probably to focus on..."
Sc2>d3

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-01-05, 01:18 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Sc2>d3"
FAIL!

Sc2<D3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2009-01-05, 02:03 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "FAIL! Sc2<D3"
I've been pretty busy lately. Hanging with my gf is a full time job, haha. But I'll try and get on some more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-01-05, 02:21 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I've been pretty busy lately. Hanging..."
yeah life has gotten in my way, that and I haven't been at work in.. 5-6 days or so, which is the only time I ever get on here anyways.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-01-05, 03:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "yeah life has gotten in my way, that..."
i have an idea why not try and make it where you can learn to hack into games while in another furom upload the hack files and dicussion of the files and how to n stall them in games
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-01-05, 03:21 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "i have an idea why not try and make it..."
It might just be alot easier to clone jamer a few times, possible as little as once and we will have all the activity we never wanted.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-01-05, 03:40 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "It might just be alot easier to clone..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
It might just be alot easier to clone jamer a few times, possible as little as once and we will have all the activity we never wanted.
Amen brotha'

EDIT: This could be arranged...

http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread....ght=Clone+mice

Last edited by Wallow; 2009-01-05 at 03:44 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow