Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Posted 2009-06-18, 10:31 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "So you're spoiled and know now nothing..."
Grav said: [Goto]
So you're spoiled and know now nothing of the harsh realities of life as SYG does. That's even worse.

Nope, I'm not spoiled at all. I worked to get where I am. My parents refused to help me. I'm how I am because I bothered to take the time out of my life to learn. Maybe if you would, you'd become the same way. I'm an extremely hard worker, so don't even try to call me that. On top of that, there were very messed up personal problems in the past, not me, but with other family members that messed me up for a long time. I rehabilitated myself out of what used to be, and this was my final outcome. So damn it, don't even try to call me spoiled.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-06-18, 10:34 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Nope, I'm not spoiled at all. I worked..."
I think Grav has taken the time to learn. Just not the same subjects as you. However the way you come off is that you view yourself as greater than others around you. This might not be true, but it is how it seems when make post here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-06-18, 10:37 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Nope, I'm not spoiled at all. I worked..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
Nope, I'm not spoiled at all. I worked to get where I am. My parents refused to help me. I'm how I am because I bothered to take the time out of my life to learn. Maybe if you would, you'd become the same way. I'm an extremely hard worker, so don't even try to call me that. On top of that, there were very messed up personal problems in the past, not me, but with other family members that messed me up for a long time. I rehabilitated myself out of what used to be, and this was my final outcome. So damn it, don't even try to call me spoiled.

And you've got a chip on your shoulder about it. If you're great enough to persevere, you should have the personal fiber to not belittle others who may have worked even harder than you (how would you know?) to get where they are today. You're naive at best, but probably just rotten.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-18, 06:13 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "And you've got a chip on your shoulder..."
OK, ladies, that's enough. If you want to discuss GLG's inflated ego and terribly flawed personality, then I'll split off the relevant posts and move them to somewhere more suitable.

---

SSD - I'm sorely tempted to buy one for my OS and programs. It would replace one of my older drives and give me a spare 250gb for more storage. Before that, though, I want more RAM and a new PSU.

How long before you think you can do your build, SYG?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-06-19, 03:22 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "OK, ladies, that's enough. If you want..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
SSD - I'm sorely tempted to buy one for my OS and programs. It would replace one of my older drives and give me a spare 250gb for more storage. Before that, though, I want more RAM and a new PSU.

How long before you think you can do your build, SYG?
Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be getting the sound card dvd/blueray keyboard/mouse and the case. I leave for vacation to California on Monday and won't be back until July 5th. The monitor and the SSD I ordered and they wouldn't ship the SSD to my address in Germany so I had it sent to my parents in California so I can pick it up during vacation. I would say the system will be finished on July 6th or 7th.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-06-21, 02:37 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be getting..."
Ok yesterday I picked up:

It does HD-DVD, Blue-Ray, DVD, CD and LightScribe.

Also got a case and a keyboardmouse. No soundcard yet.

The problem I see with the sound card is, I am not sure if there will be enough room. The two video cards have huge fans on them and I could barely fit the wireless adapter into the PCI space below the second video card. It is going to be tight, I think I will take the sound card out of this computer I am using now to check and see if it fits.

And a wireless net adapter.

I couldn't find a picture of the case on the net, so when I finish building my system I'll post pictures of everything before and after its built. And of course a *short* video of the power on to windows loaded process.

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2009-06-21 at 02:41 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-07-06, 01:13 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Ok yesterday I picked up: ..."
So I heard you finished building it.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-07-06, 01:20 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "So I heard you finished building it."
Heard or read?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-07-06, 01:28 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Heard or read?"
Get your senses in order fool..
Where's the pictures?

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-07-06, 02:14 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Get your senses in order fool.. ..."
Soon. I need to borrow a camera so I can take the pics and take a video of the power on so I can rub it in GLG's face. Expect them fridayish.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-07-06, 02:53 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Soon. I need to borrow a camera so I..."
You're gonna have to go spelunking up his ass to get to his face.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-06, 02:59 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "You're gonna have to go spelunking up..."
Ha ha. Sadly this is true...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-07-06, 04:11 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Ha ha. Sadly this is true..."
I've just read the posts I skimmed over last time - they amused me.

---

Which case did you go for in the end? And WC or fans?

By the way, have you only got the two SSD drives in there? I'd be tempted to throw in a couple of high-capacity [standard] drives for storage - you can get a 2TB Western Digital drive for £250... though I think it's better to go for a few drives rather than one huge one.

EDIT: Did you get the same mobo and CPU as your first post? Asking because you say you got those two and RAM (make? latency? speed?) in a package.

Last edited by Lenny; 2009-07-06 at 04:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny