Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Posted 2005-11-07, 09:17 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Pro, remember, GTK or Qt libraries for..."
new code

I managed to get it making info_hash'es now, so to demo this you can compile the code (linux method shown):

gcc -o beetorrent -lpthread main.c

And run it with (linux method shown):

./beetorrent whatever.torrent

And it will calculate and spit out that torrent's info_hash. This is really boring by the way, but it shows that I'm actually working at a decent pace on this. The info_hash is important because it's part of the initial tracker request, and this means that serious shit like socket orchestration are coming soon...The More You Know (tm).

To do the same under Windows, you need visual studio to compile it. Then you just "beetorrent whatever.torrent" in a console or whatever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-07, 10:28 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "new code I managed to get it making..."
Someone make a ebuild for it for Gentoo, the only distribution worthy of usage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2005-11-07, 10:46 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Someone make a ebuild for it for..."
jeez you dont neven need an ebuild, it just takes a single line to compile it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-07, 10:54 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "jeez you dont neven need an ebuild, it..."
but emerge beetorrent would be way easier... that and I really have no use for it atm... lol!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2005-11-11, 04:33 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "but emerge beetorrent would be way..."
sorry for the lack of updates the past few days...i've been busy coming up with a proper architecture for all the code that does the actual downloading and shit (which is very close to being started)

expect some shit over the weekend
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-13, 02:53 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "BeeTorrent Announcement"
new code

Right now i'm working on the stuff that loads the torrent, after that comes the network stuff, so exciting things are coming soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-15, 01:23 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "new code Right now i'm working on..."
new shit, code can now list all the announce servers in a torrent...

the stuff that loads a torrent is almost done.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-19, 03:32 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "new shit, code can now list all the..."
News...

I'm thinking of creating a toolkit for the project in C++ to simplify all the crazy cross-platform shit I'll be doing, such as Gtk and Qt support. Keep in mind that a linux program that supports both Qt and Gtk is rare, so I'll be doing some leet shit here.

I think the toolkit will be called BeeToolkit, or BTK.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-20, 11:54 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "News... I'm thinking of creating a..."
In my experience, cross-platform interfaces suck, unless you're using OpenGL and making your own from scratch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-11-22, 02:00 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "In my experience, cross-platform..."
BTKLib code uploaded. In main.c is an example packet echo server using the BTKSocket interface.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-30, 07:42 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "BTKLib code uploaded. In main.c is an..."
New BTKLib uploaded, same packet echo server, but now with hot cross-platform action!

gcc -o btktest -lpthread main.cpp

makes a packet echo server on port 12345 on linux.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-12-11, 06:26 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "New BTKLib uploaded, same packet echo..."
I've been really busy trying to build the user interface part...Windows' menu api is horrible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-12-12, 03:02 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "News... I'm thinking of creating a..."
Mantralord said:
News...

I'm thinking of creating a toolkit for the project in C++ to simplify all the crazy cross-platform shit I'll be doing, such as Gtk and Qt support. Keep in mind that a linux program that supports both Qt and Gtk is rare, so I'll be doing some leet shit here.

I think the toolkit will be called BeeToolkit, or BTK.
I couldn't help but laugh, keep it up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2005-12-13, 05:23 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "I couldn't help but laugh, keep it up."
This shit is awsome. I actually uderstand some of the code too, yay computer science classes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2005-12-23, 07:27 AM in reply to platnum's post starting "This shit is awsome. I actually..."
okay guys its been a while

new code, rewrote the code of the announce_server list
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2006-01-13, 03:12 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "okay guys its been a while new code,..."
Need an update soon k go
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin