Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Motherboard Videocard conflict?
Posted 2004-12-02, 10:22 PM
I was considering buying this mobo for my new cpu... But then i read this review:

Quote:
Just a note to advise I bought this board along with a Sapphire 9800 Pro. It would stop sending signals to the monitor about 5-10 minutes into most games.

RMA department at NCIX is aware that depending on which revision of MB you get, you may have problems with ATI products.

I have ordered the XFX GeForce 6600GT as a replacement
I have a Sapphire 9800 128. And i can't help but be a little worried about this mobo. I'm also buying AMD ATHLON 64 3000+ PROCESSOR S754 2.0GHZ 512KB L2 CACHE RETAIL BOX processor.

Thoughts?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-02, 10:22 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Motherboard Videocard conflict?"
Buy me a video card.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-12-02, 10:57 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Motherboard Videocard conflict?"
Get something different. Even if they say its the new revision, better not to even go down that road. Get a different brand or get a new video card like they dude that had the problem did.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-12-02, 11:19 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Get something different. Even if they..."
Get the 256 meg version of the 9800 pro...in the long run it will be worth it. Also, get that Abit S754 motherboard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-12-02, 11:34 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Get something different. Even if they..."
Maybe i should email ASUS or something and ask them if they're board will support my system... Yeah i think i might do that...

I already own a 9800 128mb... im not about to go out and buy a brand new 256 mb. Good suggestion though.

I'll look into the board you recommended mantra.

Thanks for the tips folks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-03, 06:03 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Buy me a video card."
!King_Amazon! said:
Buy me a video card.

that's my line, bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-12-03, 09:53 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "that's my line, bitch."
Actually, get the DFI S754 board...it's supposedly better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-12-03, 12:48 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Actually, get the DFI S754 board...it's..."
What kind of video card do you have KR?

Whoever's sucks more gets the line.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-12-03, 03:20 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Actually, get the DFI S754 board...it's..."
http://www.ncix.com/search/?quicksearch=DFI+S754

Which one?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-03, 03:28 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "http://www.ncix.com/search/?quicksearch=..."
Lanparty.

On newegg for $99.50: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...136-147&depa=1

Last edited by mantralord; 2004-12-03 at 03:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2004-12-03, 06:34 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Lanparty. On newegg for $99.50:..."
Is the compatible with the processor im buying?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...D&promoid=1021

Also... any suggestions for a better processor around the same price? (Maybe 50 bucks difference is ok)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-03, 06:47 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Is the compatible with the processor im..."
-=Rico-GP=- said:
Is the compatible with the processor im buying?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...D&promoid=1021

Also... any suggestions for a better processor around the same price? (Maybe 50 bucks difference is ok)
It will work...

Are you in Canada?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2004-12-03, 06:53 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "It will work... Are you in Canada?"
I am.

Vancouver.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-03, 07:04 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "I am. Vancouver."
Oh...well, my specialty isn't Canadian stores...

If you can, maybe you can try to get a 3400+ with 1mb cache.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2004-12-03, 10:02 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Oh...well, my specialty isn't Canadian..."
Holy crap... more than a thousand dollars for a 3400+ with 1 mb cache.

The only other ones i've seen were:
"AMD MOBILE ATHLON 64 3200+ PROCESSOR S754 1MB 2.0GHZ 81.5W OEM *HEATSINK NOT INCLUDED*"
Price : $332.13

and

"AMD MOBILE ATHLON 64 3400+ S754 PROCESSOR 1MB 2.2GHZ 81.5W OEM *HEATSINK NOT INCLUDED"
Price : $401.15

I really don't know whats the difference between a mobile and one that isn't, but if that would work well on my desktop i would be all for it... Not the second one but maybe the first =|

Mobile means for a laptop right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-03, 10:04 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Holy crap... more than a thousand..."
Is it really worth it in the long run to get a 1mb cache?

After this i don't plan on upgrading my computer for a long time. If i were ever to upgrade my computer in the next 5 years it would have to be for ram.

But yeah how will the buck add to the bang?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-03, 10:11 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Is it really worth it in the long run..."
Well, maybe you should consider the S939 boards...BUT...

If you feel like it, you can overclock...any of those will overclock well, and that's the biggest bang for the buck you can get. Of course, then you'd have to spend money on a heatsink and fan and whatnot.

Oh, and you'd need good RAM too...

I'd get a 3000+ and overclock the hell out of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2004-12-04, 12:42 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Well, maybe you should consider the..."
So do you think i should just go with the AMD ATHLON 64 3000+ PROCESSOR S754 2.0GHZ 512KB L2 CACHE RETAIL BOX and overclock the shit out of it? I have 1 gb ddr ram. I'm not sure about the heatsink or the fans... Help me out?

Oh yeah and then stick with the LanParty mobo?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-05, 12:47 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "So do you think i should just go with..."
*bump?*

Can i do that here? hah
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-05, 02:12 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "*bump?* Can i do that here? hah"
You'll need good RAM to be able to overclock. As for the heatsink, get a thermalright xp-90.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord