Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

How to spawn Diablo Clone (Updated)
Posted 2005-08-01, 09:29 AM
What is a Diablo Clone?
Here is a little history on what the Diablo Clone is.

Über Diablo (Demon)
This demon is a mystery to all but the most elite players. Be warned, for this Diablo is far stronger than his predecessor, but great rewards await those powerful and clever enough to stand up to the challenge...

Über Diablo only awakens on the Battle.net Realms. Just what could possibly cause that? It remains a mystery to some. Others have figured it out. Could it involve the Stone of Jordan? Über Diablo only appears on Hell Difficulty. He can appear in various acts and locations in the game. He is the only monster that can drop the Annihilus Charm.

Read More Tips And Hints Here

How to Awaking This Beast?
This is the way I get him to spawn. I don't just happen join a game and he's there. If that has happen to you, then I hate you already. You will need a few tools.
  1. mIRC www.mric.com
  2. Netlimiter www.netlimiter.com.

You will only need netlimiter if you don't have the maphack that shows the server your logged into. This tutorial will assume that you don't have maphack.

What this program (Netlimiter) does is allow you to set limits on the upload and/or download speed for programs and their different connections. But for the purpose of what we are doing it will allow us to see the full ip and server number of the games we create so we can get on a hot server without constantly running netstat.

In order to switch back and forth from Diablo 2 and Netlimiter easily you will need to run Diablo 2 in window mode. Most of you know how to do this. But for you new players out there, this is how you do it.

Right click on your Diablo 2 Desktop icon and click on properties. There you will see a 'Target'. Should look something like this.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe"
Of course that all depends on where you have it installed. Change that line to this
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w
See screenshot.

Now that we have that done, your gonna want to join server irc.dclone.org channel #useast-dclone. If you have downloaded mIRC then you can click this like below.

Click Here to open mIRC and join that server and Channel

In this channel you will see people chatting and trying to get together to sell SoJ's to get Diablo Clone to spawn on a certain server.

In the topic you will see what servers are Hot (lots of SoJ's being sold Diablo Clone can spawn any minute), Active ( SoJ's being sold.. might take a couple hours), Slow (SoJ counter moved a couple times...could take a day or two), Crashed ( the server went offline while people were using it), and Walked (servers they already got him to walk on). These numbers might not mean much to you right now but they will in a minute when I show you how to tell what server you are on when you create a game.

Start up Net Limiter and then start up Diablo 2 with the window mode shortcut we made up above. Position the windows so you can see both Diablo 2 and the program listing in net limiter like the example below.

Now create and leave a game a couple times and the ip that changes in the program listing for Diablo 2 on net limiter is the ip you want to keep your eyes on.

In the above example the 2nd ip address is the one that is effected by what game I join. The very last number in the ip is the server number. My games server number was 33.

Now what you want to do is watch the irc channel and find a hot or active server. Then you want to try and get a game on that server. Let's say server 50 is hot. What I would do is create a hell game and see if it is on that server. If it's not then I wait a minute or so and then create a new hell game. I keep doing this till I get on server 50. Once you get in a game that's on a hot or active server then all you can do is wait till you see the message Diablo Walks The Earth. He will only spawn in hell games though I have heard reports of him rarely showing up in Normal and Nightmare games.

This means Diablo Clone will be the next super unique monster you come across such as Rakanishu in Act One or Eldritch in Act Five. I prefer to fight him in Act One because the surrounding monster won't cause much trouble.

Almost all the time he will drop an Annihilus Charm

The stats can range.

+1 To All Skills
+10-20 To All Attributes (varies)
All Resistances +10-20 (varies)
+5-10% To Experience Gained (varies)

I hope this will help you guys out some, as that past few days it has helped me a lot. This is a great way to get nice gear. If you take the time and have some patients you can have all the gear you want by trading this little charme.

Please Note
  • The Annihilus looks like a unique, normal small charm before you identify it. Once you do it looks like Mephisto's Soulstone.
  • The Annihilus Charm can not be placed in the trade window; you must drop it on the ground to transfer it to another character. You can only hold one of them on a character, so don't kill DC by yourself if you already have an Annihilus, or if you do be prepared to get a friend or join the game with another of your characters to pick it up.

If you have any comments or questions I'll be happy to answer them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2005-08-01, 09:42 AM in reply to LiveWire's post "How to spawn Diablo Clone (Updated)"
Nice Update.
Stickied*

Heh, jk. This is a bit easier to understand than before IMO. Ty. Wouldn't it be best to make the games private? So theres no jacking of the anni. J/w.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-01, 10:13 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Nice Update. Stickied* Heh, jk...."
Yes, its better to make private games. For some reason though, every time I find the hot server, its in a baal run.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2005-08-01, 11:31 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "Yes, its better to make private games...."
Nice guide.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-09, 01:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nice guide."
K, so I have 2 questions:

1. Why does this channel suck now?

[15:47] *** Initial topic: «««( HOT: ) ¬( ACTIVE: ) ¬( SLOW: ) ¬( WALKED: ) Welcome To Useast-Dclone To see the info on a IP type -event <ip>! To add a sell game type -sellgame add ip norm/hell gamename/pass ,To see a list of sell games type -sellgame list ,To remove a sellgame type -sellgame del ip ,

Completely useless now.

2. If Diablo were to walk the earth, and there were 2 people in the game, both next to super unique monsters, which one would turn into the dclone, or would they both?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-09, 07:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "K, so I have 2 questions: 1. Why..."
now it sucks? Havn't been there since the update, havn't played much since the update.

He will clone once to the closest unigue monster when the message appears.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LiveWire

Posted 2005-08-09, 07:14 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "now it sucks? Havn't been there since..."
so if two people are in the same game standing right next to two different super unique monsters, which one will turn into him?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-30, 03:10 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "so if two people are in the same game..."
Uh... I was in the channel all day today, and now it says I have to be a registered user. What is this crap?

Last edited by Kaneda; 2005-08-30 at 08:06 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda