Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Tutorial: Photorealistic planet creation in Photoshop
Posted 2003-06-18, 09:25 AM
Well, it's definitely not my tutorial, but it's certainly worth mentioning. It's one of the absolutely best planetary tutorials I've ever found, and if you have a bit of spare time, feel free to complete it and post your results on Zelaron.

Here's the tutorial:
http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/t..._a_planet.html

And here's my result after completing the tutorial (which didn't take especially long):

"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-06-18, 09:46 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Wow, that looks professional...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-06-18, 10:56 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Would this be a tutorial for newbs? I just downloaded Photoshop 7.0, and I gave up on trying to do anything with it. If anyone has any more tutorials or is willing to teach me, I'd appreciate it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-18, 12:07 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Well, it's not exactly a "click the button on your bottom right to create a new layer", but it's fairly simple if you know the basics of photoshop anyway.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-06-18, 12:09 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
I barely know how to open a photo on photoshop.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-18, 01:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Oooh that sounds like fun, I'll try it later.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-06-18, 02:34 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Chruser, Congratulations you've finally admited in using a tutorial
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-06-18, 07:18 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Well here my result

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-06-18, 08:53 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
I can't even figure out how to make the fuggin circle >.<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-18, 09:03 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Well for the circle it s quite easy When you load photoshop you should see your toolbar on the left the icon your looking for is something that look like a square.

Left click on it and hold you will see a circle select it then you can doing your circle where you want by doing left click and dragging till good size after that you put the color but you should try to learn the basic of the program before doing the planet some experiencing wouldnt hurt dont try to make anything just know what thing does.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-06-18, 09:50 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
heh king amazon just doodle around in photoshop... you will get the hang of it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
vec is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenvec is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

vec

Posted 2003-06-18, 10:32 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
It makes me want to shoot myself. Who are you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-19, 01:48 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
EetMorTacoz said:
It makes me want to shoot myself.
This could be interesting.

hehe for start you could go Here

Whit that you should be able to understand the basic of photoshop whitout any problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-06-19, 03:22 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
http://www.3dbuzz.com

Sign up and get their video training modules. They have video tutorials for a lot of applications like Photoshop, 3dsmax, combustion, motionbuilder, softimage, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2003-06-19, 05:20 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
oh man.. heh i been at zelaron for a while... i just haven't posted for a while...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
vec is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenvec is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

vec

Posted 2003-06-19, 04:18 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Yeah, I remember you doing all the vecphotos.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-06-29, 04:20 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Here's my result. I call it.. Arctika!

Last edited by symnzXx; 2015-02-02 at 06:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2003-06-29, 04:34 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Update: Added some stars, contrasted...

Last edited by symnzXx; 2015-02-02 at 06:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2003-06-29, 05:53 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
That's my leech result:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg planet_lightemboss.jpg (30.3 KB, 69 views)
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

You missed me? I'M BACK!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2003-06-29, 03:46 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Tutorial: Photorealistic planet..."
Really cool planet Jiddar, although I'd fade out / remove the atmosphere a bit from the bottom to the right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser