Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Through the Wormhole - Is there a creator?
Posted 2010-06-11, 09:37 AM
Through the Wormhole, Is there a Creator? 1/5

I love documentaries. No, not the ones that track celebrities lives like Kim Kardashian and explain how she went from a slut to a famous slut, no, thoguht provoking space-time, historical, interesting looks at live types of documentaries. Here is another, this look is focusing on our cosmic-creator. Is God really out there? It is narrarated by one of my favorites, Morgan Freeman. It's very well put together, and I recommend you check it out. I'm on the second video right now.

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-06-11, 02:21 PM in reply to D3V's post "Through the Wormhole - Is there a..."
I will watch this tonight. It sounds very interesting, and Morgan Freeman as the narrator can only win.

EDIT: For some reason, embedding is disabled on the first video. The rest seem to embed fine, but that one doesn't. You might want to find an alternate copy if you can.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2010-06-11 at 02:23 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-06-11, 02:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I will watch this tonight. It sounds..."
I got through the rest of them by lunchtime, and still recommend it. They basically bounce around different viewpoints but don't necessairily talk very much about wormholes, it's only one aspect of the video. It's quite neat, and bring up different possible scenarios that our 'creator' could be placed into.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-06-12, 12:36 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I got through the rest of them by..."
That's a pretty cool documentary. I'm going to pass that along to a few friends who will really appreciate that sort of stuff. The name is misleading though, that had pretty much nothing to do with wormholes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-06-13, 03:35 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's a pretty cool documentary. I'm..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
That's a pretty cool documentary. I'm going to pass that along to a few friends who will really appreciate that sort of stuff. The name is misleading though, that had pretty much nothing to do with wormholes.
This is actually a series on the science channel that Morgan Freeman is narrating, so there will be more to come. Presumably, they will be more towards the topic of wormholes and such. Jon Stewart recently did an interview with Morgan Freeman about this: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...morgan-freeman
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2010-06-13, 05:17 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "This is actually a series on the..."
Does anyone know if this Garret Lisi is actually credible? It seems strange for a guy so young to be coming up with something so revolutionary. I find it a bit hard to believe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-06-13, 10:44 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Does anyone know if this Garret Lisi is..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Does anyone know if this Garret Lisi is actually credible? It seems strange for a guy so young to be coming up with something so revolutionary. I find it a bit hard to believe.
His ideas have to be taken seriously. He's qualified, and certainly credible. That said, they spent an inordinate amount of time discussing his theory giving off the impression that his theory is far more prevalent in scientific research than it actually is, especially since they had no real discussion of alternatives, such as the dominating model (String theory), loop quantum gravity, or other less accepted theories. As far as him being young, I think that's irrelevant. The work Newton did at 23 is now legendary, and Einstein published his theory of relativity at just 26.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2010-06-13 at 10:53 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2010-06-14, 08:45 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "This is actually a series on the..."
Demosthenes said: [Goto]
This is actually a series on the science channel that Morgan Freeman is narrating, so there will be more to come. Presumably, they will be more towards the topic of wormholes and such. Jon Stewart recently did an interview with Morgan Freeman about this: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...morgan-freeman
Thanks for this video, I'll be sure and sure to watch it later in the afternoon.

Quote:
especially since they had no real discussion of alternatives, such as the dominating model (String theory)
They probably couldn't afford to bring in Michio Kaku. I'm ready for another series of videos.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-06-15, 02:17 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Thanks for this video, I'll be sure and..."
I believe Kaku is to appear in a future episode.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2010-06-15, 07:14 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Thanks for this video, I'll be sure and..."
I don't see what's so great about Michio Kaku. I watched his show on Science Channel for a while, but it was nothing but 30 minutes of him bullshitting and talking about technology that's been arround for years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2010-06-15, 07:22 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I don't see what's so great about..."
That's a problem with the Science Channel, not Michio Kaku. He's actually a brilliant guy. Try doing some reading on him. He's a lot more than his TV shows.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-10-05, 04:19 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's a problem with the Science..."
BORKED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Gk_Ddhr0M

Garrett Lisi blows your mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!