Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

is this
Posted 2008-09-08, 04:08 PM
i thuink this is the ram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG08252180414A.jpg (106.3 KB, 11 views)
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:12 PM in reply to jamer123's post "is this"
That is the RAM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That is the RAM."
yes thank you
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:17 PM in reply to jamer123's post "is this"
To be specific, it's two SDRAM lined up next to one another.

---- EDIT ----
Here are the specifics of how to tell what those are.

DDR (+ II and III) have only one notch in the middle. (DIMM - Dual Inline Memory Module)

SDRAM has two notches separated. (DIMM)

RIMM has two notches closely together. (DIMM)

SIMM has one notch and is tiny.

SIM has one notch and is miniature.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-09-11 at 03:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:39 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "To be specific, it's two SDRAM lined up..."
vertically
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 05:00 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "vertically"
glg is it a good ram because i got it in
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2008-09-08, 05:34 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "glg is it a good ram because i got it in"
jamer123 said: [Goto]
glg is it a good ram because i got it in

What? How do I know? I can't tell you the amount it carries by looking at it. Why don't you press on the start menu and press "run" from there.

Type in "dxdiag" and then you should know how much Random Access Memory you have.

You can also type in "compmgmt.msc" to view computer components, etc.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-08, 06:13 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "What? How do I know? I can't tell you..."
You can easily view how much RAM you have by right clicking on "My Computer" and going to properties.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-08, 06:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You can easily view how much RAM you..."
Machine name: Pavilion
Operating System: Windows 98 (4.10, Build 2222) A
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: n/a
System Model: n/a
BIOS: n/a
Processor: Intel Celeron, ~560MHz
Memory: 62MB RAM
Page File: 117MB used, 1867MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) this is what i got nd it looks good for me at least
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2008-09-08, 06:19 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "Machine name: Pavilion Operating..."
lol no, teh sux
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-08, 06:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "lol no, teh sux"
jamer123 said:
lol this was an upgrade!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 06:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You can easily view how much RAM you..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
You can easily view how much RAM you have by right clicking on "My Computer" and going to properties.

Pff, simpleton.

----------

jamer123 said: [Goto]
Machine name: Pavilion
Operating System: Windows 98 (4.10, Build 2222) A
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: n/a
System Model: n/a
BIOS: n/a
Processor: Intel Celeron, ~560MHz
Page File: 117MB used, 1867MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) this is what i got nd it looks good for me at least
That sucks. It is Windows 98 though, so I suppose it could work. The BIOS is set to not applicable? No, 62MB RAM is not good. You should think about upgrading.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-09, 12:20 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Pff, simpleton. ---------- ..."
According to my System Properties, I got 2.19 GHz, 512 MB RAM and an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ processor...

I am very dissatisfied with it... although it is the family computer, and that might say alot about it...

EDIT: In other words, bro, you need to upgrade.

NOTE: Just wanted to point out, those RAM modules look funny. The contacts look like wires, where as the few I've seen have been flat... don't know if that means it's a old motherboard or what, but I just figured I would say something...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-09-09, 03:48 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "According to my System Properties, I..."
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
NOTE: Just wanted to point out, those RAM modules look funny. The contacts look like wires, where as the few I've seen have been flat... don't know if that means it's a old motherboard or what, but I just figured I would say something...

All memory units are flat. Also, I updated my earlier post so that everyone could understand how I knew what type of memory unit that was. I've also been taking a class on this and knew this long before I took the class.

SIM and SIMM cards had to be aligned in a strange fashion. (Single Inline Memory Module)

1st SIMM [I]
2nd SIMM [I]
DIMM (Dual Inline Memory Module)

1st DIMM (One single Unit (SIMM x 2 basically))
[I]
[I]

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy