Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Music Forum?
Posted 2007-09-14, 01:46 PM
I looked and I didn't see one, so if their is let me know, but I didn't see a forum dedicated to just music. It could consist of CD reviews, Favorite bands/genres,
New songs released... etc.

Just a thought..

Spec
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-09-14, 04:36 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Music Forum?"
There's not one dedicated to music, you're correct. Instead, musicy things go in Entertainment and Sports, at the mo (seems a bit daft, thinking about it. It'd be best going in Arts, no?).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-14, 04:42 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There's not one dedicated to music,..."
Most people don't consider my music "Art".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-14, 08:16 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Music Forum?"
I am okay with this. I still want that radio thing, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-09-24, 09:12 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I am okay with this. I still want that..."
I don't see why we still couldn't go through Shoutcast via Winamp....

It's free, LEGAL and easy to do. You just host, and then have people connect to it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-24, 10:44 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I don't see why we still couldn't go..."
I honestly don't think there should be a single forum for "Entertainment and Sports." Though sports is a form of Entertainment, they're really two completely different things, and they should have separate forums in my opinion. I've always thought that was kinda dumb to have them together.

As for the radio thing, perhaps WW can cook something up where people can upload to a server to add music. I don't think anything that's out right now has capabilities to do that, but WW might be able to set something up.

I don't think having a radio is a problem, it's having a radio that people can upload music to that is the problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-24, 10:44 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I honestly don't think there should be..."
I don't mind it because up until Football season it's pretty inactive.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-24, 11:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I honestly don't think there should be..."
I thought there was some big crackdown to force people to pay an insane licence fee for internet radio?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-24, 11:43 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I thought there was some big crackdown..."
That's what Chruser had told me but I really don't know the details. Last I heard, that wasn't a problem, the problem was there was no way to set it up where members could upload their own music into the "pool" of music for the radio, at least with any of the programs currently out there.

It sounds like it would be a lot of work, and I don't even know how hard it would be, but if you could figure out how to do it that would be pretty damn nice. Then again, I fear that the radio might end up not being used or listened to after a short while and all of your work will have been for nothing. I guess it really comes down to whether or not it's that important and whether or not you can do it and how much work it would be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!