Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post X-Box
Posted 2004-03-15, 03:20 PM
Out of curiousity, what is the size of the ex-box hard drive?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-15, 04:33 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "X-Box"
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-03-15, 06:06 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
or is it??? i would look, but all i have is a XBox box display box. wow, try saying that fast.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-03-15, 06:44 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "or is it??? i would look, but all i..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-03-15, 07:02 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
You can always put another size in if you don't mind violating your warranty.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-03-15, 07:15 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "You can always put another size in if..."
cool, hmm, lets see, 128GB hard drive in ur Buick, i mean Xbox. Its got the capacity for my microwave and tv. lol. xbox doesn't need it cause no one cares for it. and by it i mean the xbox.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-03-15, 07:57 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "cool, hmm, lets see, 128GB hard drive..."
No one cares for Xbox? Then why are you in the section... post counts I am sure

They did make some xbox`s with 20gb harddrives... my friend got one of them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-03-16, 09:27 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "No one cares for Xbox? Then why are you..."
i meant to say Xbox hard drive cause it doesn't seem to get used by to many games as far as i now and seen.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-03-16, 09:59 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "i meant to say Xbox hard drive cause it..."
Yeah games wont ever use the whole harddrive... a 100mb would of be fine. They made it 8gigs for songs I would say
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-03-17, 11:04 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "Yeah games wont ever use the whole..."
Yea, PS2's is gonna be 40gigs. But it is going to have a whole bunch of stuff on it, and ur can see what it says in this link http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...406#long_descr

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-03-17, 12:15 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Yea, PS2's is gonna be 40gigs. But it..."
I forgot to say that on Xbox, if you have Xbox live you can download new content. New maps, mechs, cars, etc depending on the game. Which will own for Halo2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2004-03-17, 04:00 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "I forgot to say that on Xbox, if you..."
yea, sure it will. The webpage says u get email, music programs, and so forth, hopefully more then announced.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-03-23, 07:13 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "I forgot to say that on Xbox, if you..."
Acer said:
I forgot to say that on Xbox, if you have Xbox live you can download new content. New maps, mechs, cars, etc depending on the game. Which will own for Halo2
You can download new songs for Dance Dance Revolution for Xbox. It costs $5 for each set and there are 3 sets.There are 5 songs in each set.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-03-23, 10:04 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "You can download new songs for Dance..."
That is tight, MechAssault has new levels in a pack and such for like $5
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2004-03-26, 01:50 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "That is tight, MechAssault has new..."
for PS2, u can apperently play SOCOM 2: US Navy SEALS missions online with other people, maps for other games and so forth. U can even upgrade the software for some of the PS2 stuff such as DVDplayer.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-04-01, 08:41 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "for PS2, u can apperently play SOCOM 2:..."
who cares about ps2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xboxfan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxboxfan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xboxfan

Posted 2004-04-10, 07:18 AM in reply to xboxfan's post starting "who cares about ps2"
ya man..ps2 is old news...just get a chip for your xbox, upgrade your hard drive (unlike ps2)...my hard drive is a 200 gig 7200 RPM WESTERN DIGITAL. i've got mad games, videos, full cd albums on it...in my surround sould basement..it's a total media center...last i checked..ps2 couldn't do that
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-04-10, 11:26 AM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "ya man..ps2 is old news...just get a..."
that is fucking gay as hell. I would rather have a PC with a 200gig 7200rpm harddrive. Cause with a pc, you can do a lot more then with xbox. xbox is not able to run applications besides games, music and videos. You cant run pc, and other shit. Plus only a fucking loser would spend the time moding a fucking xbox which is a dead fucking system anywayz. It didn't even sell in japan, it only sold in NA. Anyone who bought it , bought it just for gayo, i mean halo, which is the systems only good game. Plus, how do you know you can't upgrade a ps2 hard disk drive??? where did you hear that?? I would but I see no point in it. My pc can run faster and everything else compared to a xbox. LETS SET THINGS STRAIGHT, XBOX IS A FAILURE, A BAD ATTEMPT AT ENTERING A NEW MARKET.

By the sounds of things, you would rather have a mod xbox over a new pc. You can pc's so fucking cheap.

Moding stuff is done by people who are to fucking cheap to go out and actually buy video games. you spend what little money you have left on mod shit, then rent a game and burn it cause you only have a $300 unemployment and welfare checks combined. Get a fucking life.

note. i am bored, waiting for a friend to come over.

Last edited by Tyrannicide; 2004-04-11 at 10:09 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-04-12, 04:51 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "that is fucking gay as hell. I would..."
Tyrannicide, I'd ignore your post but... I wont

Why do we want a bigger HDD in our Xboxes? Give me a good reason not to have it... Money? if we have enough money to waste it on a HDD 4 our boxes I'm sure we've got it to waste in more "important" things... And everyone decides what to do whith their money, ur not the one to juzge... Heh, you wasted your money in a shitty PS2 *no comment*

Maybe it's just envy? Heh, i bet my head that if you could use a HDD in ur PS2 u'd do it too...

You don't know how smooth run XBOX games from the HDD, with almost null load times! That's something you'll never xperience on PS2...

Also you can keep in your HDD MP3 and DivX and playback em from there. Store any emulator of other videogames system, different apliccations (Xbox has a huuge "Scene" and a wide range of apps as FTP's,apps to play free via Internet, media players...) And some phreaks have linux and windows installed on their XBOXes (some of they have their boxes overclocked to 1.4Mhz and with more ram, kinda like a PC)

So you will like it or not, but HDD gives a wide range of possibilties that other consoles won't give you... Stop whining and get an XBOX, you'll discover what an entertainment system is...

To keep on topic:
Xbox initially mounted Western Digital HDD's of 8Gb, after that they mounted seagate HDD's of 10GB (limited to 8, but you can format em to get an extra F partition of 2 GB), and now they are installing Seagate's HDD of 20 gb (also limited to 8, you know what to do...)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sirpullido

Posted 2004-04-12, 06:48 PM in reply to Sirpullido's post starting "Tyrannicide, I'd ignore your post..."
Umm, you must not of heard that their is a 40GB PS2 HDD that comes with FFXI. ou can put music, linux and other application on it as well. It also improves on the loading times. Do some background work before saying something can't. I know I will not use most of the HDD, see no point in putting all my music and stuff on it cause then I can't play a game and have that stuff going at the same time. You see my point, can't play my game and have my own music playing if its on the same system. The reason PS2 has a 40gb is cause FXI and Playonline are 10GB in total, and FFXI is going to get bigger. So all in all the PS2 HDD can do what the XBOX's can do. I dont wanna put a larger HDD or a mod chip in it cause my life doesn't revolve around it. I rather be with friends then playing a video game most of the time. My PS2 can be an entertainment system and is if I want. The PS2's ful name is : Sony Playstation 2 Computer Entertainment System.

I am not saying I don't use it, but i dont use it enough to have over a 40gig when my pc has a 80gig. ohwell, sorry for pissing you off.

Well maybe I will have a change of heart since I now have a HDD for my PS2, only time will tell.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide